New Genesis / Mega Drive shmup ANTAREX

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
The company behind this made another Genesis/MegaDrive game and it came with cart/manual/box. So my guess would be that there would be an initial batch of them made.

Oh, splendid. Any idea where I should keep my on for some kind of pre-order? How did they announce it last time?

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I saw this the other day on another forum and thought it would be neat to share the gameplay video that was made here as well:

It looks pretty sweet! All the background stuff happening at the same time makes it look like it'll be a visually unique game at least.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
So many of these indie shooters want to make the enemies take too many hits. All those little guys in bunches should be one-hit kills.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
So many of these indie shooters want to make the enemies take too many hits. All those little guys in bunches should be one-hit kills.

That's a huge pet peeve of mine in shooters.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
That video is just painful to watch. Crashing into random shit that's moving in a straight line, over and over. Also having a cool looking mech transformation power and then never doing anything useful with it. :confused:

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm surprised no one mentioned it, but in the trailer they have enemy sprites they ripped from Sapphire for the PC-ENGINE?!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Seeing that huge ship sprite makes me wonder... they do want that Euro-Shmup tag badly.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Besides the detailed backgrounds this looks absolutely horrible. Why is the player's ship that fucking big?

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Ripping sprites from other games is a no-go, of course.....but being an euro shmup is a bad thing? Why? Sure it's a different style than Japanese ones, but I like both. :)