New Genesis / Mega Drive shmup ANTAREX

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
Not sure how you all feel about this game, but it's cool to know people are still making games for the console. The have my interest and I'll be watching this one for when it comes out. Obviously its still in development, but from the initial video it's showing promise with some nice effects the console wasn't known for.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The enemies at 0:47 remind me of Wavers from Metroid. Seems like not a lot is going on in this stage of development. Cool someone is making a new GEN game but I will have to see more to form a proper opinion.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
A maximum of 1 bullet onscreen against that skull? That's pretty old school.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Looks like a great start, that background scaling is bitchin'.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Seriously...this intro is just retarded... lets hope the game is much better when it comes out.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
My first thought when watching that skull boss was, 'Very Axelay-ey'. Looks nice, but obviously needs a lot of work. I'll be keeping an eye on it though because it does look promising.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Hopefully in the full game your ship moves faster, that looked painfully slow.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
That was one of the major things I noticed, how slow the ship moved. There area quite a few things I really need to see before passing judgement on the game. Including the ship speed, shot rate, how many enemies on screen at once, and if you are going to have a 'shield' where you can take multiple hits or 1 hit = death.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Oh good, more homebrew shit.

Yeah, it kinda looks like shit, but someone is taking the time to keep a great system alive with new content. It's obviously not done yet, so how about you give the guy a hand for taking the time to make something new for fans of the system. More homebrew... yeah asshole, you think capcom is chomping at the bit to make new genesis games?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, it kinda looks like shit, but someone is taking the time to keep a great system alive with new content. It's obviously not done yet, so how about you give the guy a hand for taking the time to make something new for fans of the system. More homebrew... yeah asshole, you think capcom is chomping at the bit to make new genesis games?

Subpar homebrew titles released here and there for suckers to lap up isn't keeping the genesis/md "alive".

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member

If this game were released in '90 and on sale at the fucking dollar store you wouldn't give a god damn about it.

When this game releases it will be the worst horizontal shooter on the Genesis; It looks like generic shit, looks like it plays like generic shit and for a system with an excellent selection of horizontal shooters why bother?

Oh, thats right... you're a mark.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
He's trying to get his marketplace access back.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Looks like a worse Renovation game, and those are usually already kind of average.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
Could be garbage, sure time will tell, I'm also looking at it from the perspective of what its accomplishing with graphic effects. Graphics do not make a game as we've seen from many games. From a technical point I think its interesting, I like seeing people building on consoles that died in the public eye years ago

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I like the backgrounds and sprite arts, but the game speed and amounts of bullets seem lackin to me.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Looks interesting. Bit surprised at the negativity in this thread, but whatever, maybe it'll turn out great.
Will this just be released as code or will there be carts with boxes?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Kind of reminds me of BioMetal on the NES, just without music by 2 Unlimited.

OMG YOU THINK THAT IS FUNNY TOO??

Anyways…

This wack euroshmup looks nothing like Biometal and

Biometal SFC soundtrack for life.

Last edited:

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
Looks interesting. Bit surprised at the negativity in this thread, but whatever, maybe it'll turn out great.
Will this just be released as code or will there be carts with boxes?

The company behind this made another Genesis/MegaDrive game and it came with cart/manual/box. So my guess would be that there would be an initial batch of them made.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
Came across an updated beta footage video. Looks like there is going to be some kind of ship/robot transform and some sort of shop mechanic.