saw this on ebay...

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Sorry if someone posted this already....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Consolized-...721?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2346ec1671

Didnt know HDMI ports were done on cmvs, it it neccesary?

Any idea if the built in scanline generator looks good?

Just curious, and is it worth getting something to add scan lines to a led tv?

Already have a cmvs just curious to the above questions..

:scratch:

That CMVS is complete and utter garbage. The "HDMI" is not actual HDMI. It is one of those piece of shit turd video upscalers you can get for $50 off eBay. $600 for such an MV1A CMVS is insane. I can build one of these for $120-$160 including the price of the board. I can understand markup to compensate you for your work as well as some for profit but that is nuts. An MV1A CMVS with an encoder is worth about $250 if there is a lexan base. I feel sorry for the person that falls for this thing and buys it since the input lag will be terrible on this thing.

P.S. LOL @ it being a jojo pile of shit. The dude is absolutely terrible. How someone can perform mods this long and not improve in their work is just mind blowing.

Edit: Yes adding scanlines when using any sort of upscaler does improve the video quality a good deal. It makes the image appear a good deal sharper.

Last edited:

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Do you use one persoanlly? Is there any input lag or anything?

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Do you use one persoanlly? Is there any input lag or anything?

There's supposed to be about a frame's worth of input lag, but I've not noticed anything out of the ordinary. I've brought mine to fighting game meetups (where players are typically very finicky about input lag) along with an Omega CMVS and got no complaints either.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Are you using the component/D cable input? Ive been looking at them online but dont seem to come with the component piece

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
P.S. LOL @ it being a jojo pile of shit. The dude is absolutely terrible. How someone can perform mods this long and not improve in their work is just mind blowing.

Skips plz. You're forgetting about our old pal Drakon.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I'm using the RGB mini-DIN input on the front. It comes with a Japanese 21-pin to mini-DIN adapter, but I've re-wired mine to EURO-SCART standard.
I also bought a component to D-Terminal adapter separately when I bought my Framemeister from Solaris Japan.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Skips plz. You're forgetting about our old pal Drakon.

I said someone not something. Drakon is an ape that escaped from the zoo and robbed a craftsmart before escaping to Canada with his newly acquired hotglue horde.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Are you using the component/D cable input? Ive been looking at them online but dont seem to come with the component piece
You want to use RGB whenever possible with the Mini, the component input sucks. I prefer to just hook component sources directly to the TV.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
dat Jojo build quality.

Spoiler:
shutterstock_71670418.jpg

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
If you want to play in native 4:3, your TV probably has the option of switching for a more old school feel.

Oh good, my TV probably has me covered.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I ordered a Supergun from Jamma-Nation-X and i asked for the HDMI encoder option. For me it mostly to be able to play Vertical games on a cheap LCD TV . It also nice to be able to bring it to friend house and be sure it going to work on the HDTV. But most of the time it will be connected with RGB to my XRGB.