Controller / console modder info needed

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
Does anyone know a good, reliable person who does controller modding? There are a couple of ideas that I wanted to try out, but wanted to see if they were doable in the first place.

Example would be to try and make a slick looking 'dual analog' stick controller for the Dreamcast.

I've seen it done in some videos but was going to see if someone knew anyone that was super skilled at this sort of thing.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
Thanks for the info guys! I'll try and pm them when/if I get my privileges reinstated.

made the mistake of just hanging around too long without participating. Trying to rectify that as the more I dig into the forums, it really is a great place. So has Xian Xi, shadowkn55 or Lem done any modification work that anyone can post about? I'm curious to see their work.

Thanks again guys

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thanks for the info guys! I'll try and pm them when/if I get my privileges reinstated.

made the mistake of just hanging around too long without participating. Trying to rectify that as the more I dig into the forums, it really is a great place. So has Xian Xi, shadowkn55 or Lem done any modification work that anyone can post about? I'm curious to see their work.

Thanks again guys

You can see Xian Xi's work on his web site jamma-nation-x.com and shadow makes the omega cmvs, on arcadeworks.net

Regards

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I'm curious about how a dual-analogue Dreamcast controller would work. What would the second one do?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think Lem (Lemony) can do it, not me. Never done that before.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm curious about how a dual-analogue Dreamcast controller would work. What would the second one do?

Only an FPS would be beneficial but the DC only had like 4 of them.

Quake III
Soldier of Fortune
Unreal Tournament
Unreleased Half-Life

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Only an FPS would be beneficial but the DC only had like 4 of them.

Quake III
Soldier of Fortune
Unreal Tournament
Unreleased Half-Life

Were there some weird games that used the ABXY for direction too? I can't even remember.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
Yeah, there are those FPS games that would benefit from this. However there are other games that make you use the abxy to move and the analog stick to look, like MDK2 for example. Also the Gundam game is pretty unplayable because you use the analog stick AND the d-pad to move the mech around which is beyond comprehension. So my thoughts would be to add in a second analog stick by the abxy and have it wired with the d-pad. I know in those FPS games you can customize your controller buttons in the menus.

So I was just wondering if anyone thinks they could make this and make it look super clean.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Outrigger and Bangai-O could also potentially benefit from a mod like this.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Also Fur Fighters...and maybe virtual on if you're not using twin sticks. There are definitely uses, but probably only a dozen or so.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
This guy can do almost anything: http://www.gummods.com

Seriously. I've known him for years and seen some pretty insane stuff from him.
-ud

His prices appear as insane as you're saying he is. $120-$140, more than the stick itself.

EDIT:

Hrmm, seems I overlooked he includes return shipping and the parts. My mistake.

Last edited: