Steel Empire 3DS

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Didn't see a thread for this and I just got it today 'cause it's for sale half price, god damn fuckwads wanted 30 bucks for it! Now is 15...still a lot of though for a game like this but I did it, I said fuck it and did it. BTW, plays better than the Genesis and GBA games hands down, well worth the plunge. Looks so good and plays so smooth.

I wish it was a cart release instead, I wouldn't hesitate for a second on a purchase for 30 or 40 bucks for it, specially 'cause the art, specially the JP art is so incredibly amazing!

Who got it?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Oooo, I hadn't heard about this one. I might get it on the weekend if it's not too much on the UK Nintendo store. I need something to make use of my 3DS until Majora's Mask.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I find it so odd that this game got ported to a Nintendo handheld not once, but twice.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The GBA port is good but this one is so much better, it's better than the original hands down. Next time we meet I'll show you, it's so damn good!

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I got JP GBA version in April this year.
Cool game that's all I can say

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Didn't see a thread for this and I just got it today 'cause it's for sale half price, god damn fuckwads wanted 30 bucks for it! Now is 15...still a lot of though for a game like this but I did it, I said fuck it and did it. BTW, plays better than the Genesis and GBA games hands down, well worth the plunge. Looks so good and plays so smooth.

I wish it was a cart release instead, I wouldn't hesitate for a second on a purchase for 30 or 40 bucks for it, specially 'cause the art, specially the JP art is so incredibly amazing!

Who got it?

Thanks for the heads up. If this ever got a physical release it would be jp only, and 3ds is region fudged.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^You're right, glad you're getting it though, I think the game is solid.

I just 1CC'ed the game on Normal, it's actually not hard at all, however the Hard mode is a whole another story and after you beat it on normal you get Difficult mode, we'll once I beat hard I'll jump on that. Hard mode is more like the Genesis difficulty on normal.

xarcade

Quiz Detective
Thanks for posting this. I just might check it out. How long does it take to beat for an experienced gamer? Just want to get an idea of the replay value.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
^You're right, glad you're getting it though, I think the game is solid.

I just 1CC'ed the game on Normal, it's actually not hard at all, however the Hard mode is a whole another story and after you beat it on normal you get Difficult mode, we'll once I beat hard I'll jump on that. Hard mode is more like the Genesis difficulty on normal.

Wish this was on a sony platform, physical copy would be region free. Got the game last night, its pretty fun, well done. I wish it was available on Wii U or they had cross platform features. Would love to play it on a bigger screen. Even a 3DS XL doesnt feel big enough sometimes.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I bought it when it was released. Good stuff. Normal mode is a bit too easy. I haven't played it on hard. I need to.

@LegoSlug: Yeah, I hate that the 3DS has all the best games and you have to play them on that tiny screen. It turns me off so much that I often only play it when I'm on vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
1cc'ed the game on normal on the first run through, played 30 min yesterday and 30 min today. Good thing you can save and continue where you leave off.

I did lose 7 lives though, seems like extra lives are given out with plenty. The game really shines in the last couple stages.

I just check the price and $ 15.99 now? seems like a great deal. Played the MD version couple days ago. Really great game.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
I picked this up as well. Will play over the holidays. Waited for this game to get a price drop, glad it did!