Donation: A Broken SCART Switcher from the UK

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Hey all,

A buddy of mine in Scotland sent me a Silverscreen Trilogy recently, but the damned thing just won't work properly. I've tried a stepping transformer for the power, but still had no luck.

I'm happy to donate this unit to someone who can make it work, and possibly use it to create a good quality switcher for others in the future. All you need to do is pay shipping, and preference will be given to those who have experience in similar things.

Here it is:
http://www.videogameperfection.com/2014/06/29/silverscreen-trilogy-review/

And I've got a PDF of the manual upon request. It is apparently an excellent SCART switcher; a real shame I couldn't get it running. I've got a Bandbridge now that does the trick, and there's no real reason for this to sit with me gathering dust if someone can use it for the greater good.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Hey all,

A buddy of mine in Scotland sent me a Silverscreen Trilogy recently, but the damned thing just won't work properly. I've tried a stepping transformer for the power, but still had no luck.

I'm happy to donate this unit to someone who can make it work, and possibly use it to create a good quality switcher for others in the future. All you need to do is pay shipping, and preference will be given to those who have experience in similar things.

Here it is:
http://www.videogameperfection.com/2014/06/29/silverscreen-trilogy-review/

And I've got a PDF of the manual upon request. It is apparently an excellent SCART switcher; a real shame I couldn't get it running. I've got a Bandbridge now that does the trick, and there's no real reason for this to sit with me gathering dust if someone can use it for the greater good.

what's happening with it? power issues?

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
what's happening with it? power issues?

Truthfully, I've got no idea. I'm happy to throw in the Transformer I've been using, though that'll increase the shipping cost. I haven't tried it without, since it's a 230v dealie. There is a slight vibration from the transformer when it is on, but I don't think that's necessarily a problem. Not sure.

I hook everything up and get nothing but a buzz, and no proper switching. Sometimes I can get it to the VCR, and I can hear the audio from my SCART source plugged in there, but no picture. The unit won't manually switch, and continues to hop back to the first source input... but won't output anything from it.