Waku Waku 7 Saturn

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Given the price and rarity of the WW7 MVS cartridge, is the Saturn version REALLY that bad for around $30, including the RAM cart? I've read about the loads and slowdown, but does it hamper gameplay to a degree where I'll hate it?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I have the Saturn version and really enjoyed it when I played it. I don't own it on MVS to compared but there was nothing game ruining that I noticed.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I have the Saturn version and really enjoyed it when I played it. I don't own it on MVS to compared but there was nothing game ruining that I noticed.

And you definitely need the 1 MB, right? I'm seeing some copies without it for crazy cheap, but I've only got the 4MB cart.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
is it even that rare or expensive of a thing on mvs? its like a lower $100's cart loose.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Terrible port.

And I love the Saturn and still appreciate the novelty of inferior ports in 2014 too.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
is it even that rare or expensive of a thing on mvs? its like a lower $100's cart loose.

I don't see them up often on eBay, but they seem to trend around $120. Not sure about around here, haven't had Marketplace access in a while. If the Saturn version's comparable, I wouldn't mind saving the cash.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
And you definitely need the 1 MB, right? I'm seeing some copies without it for crazy cheap, but I've only got the 4MB cart.

I'm pretty sure I played mine with the 4MB action replay cart and it worked fine. I've recently sold my Saturn, otherwise I'd try it for you.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I'm pretty sure I played mine with the 4MB action replay cart and it worked fine. I've recently sold my Saturn, otherwise I'd try it for you.

I only have the 4MB Sega official cart, not the Action Replay. My system's modded to be region free without the AR. I do remember reading that the AR did both 4MB and 1MB carts though.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'll reiterate.

It sucks. It's almost as bad of a port as Fatal Fury 3 on the Saturn.

If the idea of Waku Waku 7 with a Saturn logo on it is exciting, go for it.

Otherwise, avoid. It's fucked up.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I'll reiterate.

It sucks. It's almost as bad of a port as Fatal Fury 3 on the Saturn.

If the idea of Waku Waku 7 with a Saturn logo on it is exciting, go for it.

Otherwise, avoid. It's fucked up.

Done and done. Bummer!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It's a horrible port. Number one. The backgrounds are a pixelated mess. Don't waste your time. Buy the Neo cart.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
But dat special splash screen for Xmas, when your 2032 is in good working order, and your calendar is set!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I don't see them up often on eBay, but they seem to trend around $120. Not sure about around here, haven't had Marketplace access in a while. If the Saturn version's comparable, I wouldn't mind saving the cash.

120 is lower 100's. so its not that expensive of a title. it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the aes one.

I don't see them up often on eBay...haven't had Marketplace access in a while.

that explains your problem.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
120 is lower 100's. so its not that expensive of a title. it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the aes one.

that explains your problem.

*shrug* no sense in complaining about it.

I'll just bite the bullet and get it on MVS when I see it next.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I still remember picking up Waku Waku 7 mvs cart for like 30 something bucks. Totally worth it, too.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Fun game but it doesn't feel like the MVS version at all for some reason. I got the same feel as playing the Garou ports compared to the MVS, the other ports besides FF3 are a different story altogether though.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
The backgrounds on the Saturn port make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Fun game but it doesn't feel like the MVS version at all for some reason. I got the same feel as playing the Garou ports compared to the MVS, the other ports besides FF3 are a different story altogether though.

There's something about the speed that Garou runs at on other consoles that isn't right. The impact of things just doesn't come across.

Nothing could be worse than that Fatal Fury on PC Engine that requires the Arcade Card though. Holy god was that a waste of my $10.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Even if we ignore the graphical issues, the Saturn version runs at a vastly slower speed.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
The Saturn port is definitely a little slower and the backgrounds are a little pixelated, but I think the thing that really kills it for me is the load times. It might be worse than a NGCD. I think it's playable though if you just can't get an MVS copy. One of my favorite neo titles by the way.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member

I checked for you and it will run on an action replay, 1 Meg and 4 Meg carts. So I found out something crazy never noticed before. The game runs at full speed with a 4 Meg cart. It runs super slow with the 1 Meg cart that was shipped with it, but it runs at or close to neo speed with a 4 Meg one. I think it's totally playable other than the blocky background, but that's really only noticeable on larger displays.