Help B&O MX7000 crt

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Well what a dumb fucker I am :very_ang:

I was moving my B&O tv and the outer glass came off the screen! Reaction made me grab it before it hit the floor and smashed into pieces, but I accidently pushed it towards the inner screen and left a 6" scratch on there :crying:

It won't rub off with a cloth so I'm gonna try some car paint cutting compound from work tomorrow. Now I know I'm probably pissing in the wind but I love this tv and hope it works....... I really feel like kicking myself in my most important part of my body... My left bollock!

Any ideas or am I justed fucked?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Well what a dumb fucker I am :very_ang:

I was moving my B&O tv and the outer glass came off the screen! Reaction made me grab it before it hit the floor and smashed into pieces, but I accidently pushed it towards the inner screen and left a 6" scratch on there :crying:

It won't rub off with a cloth so I'm gonna try some car paint cutting compound from work tomorrow. Now I know I'm probably pissing in the wind but I love this tv and hope it works....... I really feel like kicking myself in my most important part of my body... My left bollock!

Any ideas or am I justed fucked?

It is fixable but depends if the scratch is minor or deep ? There are solutions for minor scratches as toothpaste or microfiber sponges .. to special glass repair kits that you can find in your local hardware store that usually deal with deeper scratches.
If I where you I would go for the special repair kits as they work wonders. :)

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
We sell headlamp repair kits at work and they cost a fortune for what they are, I think I will try normal paint compound first. The truth is, I can just about feel it with my nail and it's not visible when the tv is on but I know it's there!

My fucking OCD wants me to get it sorted. If not I will probably look out for another.

Also, I chipped a little piece from the inside of the outer glass in a circle shape just where the dark rim is going all the way round the glass. I could just put a little marker pen there to make it look uniform but I don't think it'll look good enough.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Ahhh ... for OCD the remedy is a lot of $. I remember i had a scratch on one of my surround sound speakers.. no one could ever notice it but annoyed me bigtime.. took me like 3 hours one day trying to fix it... well I ended buying a sandpaper and scratching all other 7 speakers... you know giving them a retro look .. just cause 1 minor scratch on one of them... OCD MAN !!! :mad: