Big's Fishing Derby - Mega Drive Cartridge

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Thanks everyone!

Great job on the insert and label dubs. Hope you finish the US Genny version. :)

Working on it. Trying to source some different art. Typically on releases from this era the Japan artwork is more anime influenced whereas the US releases have crazier things on the covers to convey awesome graphics and shit like that.

A perfect example:

_-Sonic-The-Hedgehog-3-Sega-Megadrive-_.jpg

Sonic3.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Great work on the box and cartridge design and that looks like a pretty interesting hack too.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
nice job dub!

I didn't know about this hack, tried it and like it!

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Sorry for the delay on the Genny version, lots of people have been asking. Just been busy with that thing called life.

For the cover I found this cool shot of BIG holding Froggy I'd like to use. Need to contact the Deviant Art author and ask for a hires.

Back still needs re-work too just haven't figured out exactly what to do.

I had to recreate the SEGA 16-BIT CARTRIDGE bits in Illustrator. Surprised this didn't exist as vector already.

Stay tuned!

bigs_GENNY.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Man that MD art makes the game look way more awesome than it seems to be. I know it is customary for the US to get crappy art when compared to the JP release specially during those times but c'mon break the mold and use the same art for both. Or maybe try to find some art from the Sonic Adventure concept art, that's a pretty nice run of art there. I only have the US release so you know how that goes ie; black and white manual, lame pages, etc. So maybe someone could scan the art for BIG from the pages of a JP Sonic Adventure Manual? I think I know someone who has a guide for this game, maybe if I get a hold of the guide soon, I'll scan it for you.

As always top notch work. BTW, I got me an Iron Clad, your work on the insert is amazing!

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Man that MD art makes the game look way more awesome than it seems to be. I know it is customary for the US to get crappy art when compared to the JP release specially during those times but c'mon break the mold and use the same art for both. Or maybe try to find some art from the Sonic Adventure concept art, that's a pretty nice run of art there. I only have the US release so you know how that goes ie; black and white manual, lame pages, etc. So maybe someone could scan the art for BIG from the pages of a JP Sonic Adventure Manual? I think I know someone who has a guide for this game, maybe if I get a hold of the guide soon, I'll scan it for you.

As always top notch work. BTW, I got me an Iron Clad, your work on the insert is amazing!

Thanks for your comments & compliments EG :) And again apologies for being so slow on this. You know how this sort of thing goes…anyways.

If someone has a Japan Sonic Adventure manual and can share what you are referencing that would be cool before I finish this up.

Trust me, I could very easily tune the Japan style insert to work on the American case (and will do it if enough people want it like that) but that just feels like the easy way out to me. It’s challenging to make the “opposing” art style. However, as much as I agree that the US art usually looks like shit in comparison, in instances like Sonic it turned out pretty cool and is now iconic. The big difference to me is how it focuses on the character and less on the experience. And making the character & game look higher res than it is in the actual game for the sake of 90's marketing.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You're very welcome, I've always been a big fan of all your work you've shared with us over the years. No worries on the timing of your response, don't even give it a thought, I know exactly what you mean.

I think I understand what you are saying, it is very true. Looking back I think the US cover you designed makes complete sense and it does resemble the times and the style, so yes, it does look very authentic, legit. Sometimes I just really like that whole dynamic feel of things and I want it in everything...it does get constrictive from time to time though.

I will look into the guide and ask DZ if he has the DC import. I'm gonna apologize in advance in case I'm too late, at least you got a solid cover already.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
You're very welcome, I've always been a big fan of all your work you've shared with us over the years. No worries on the timing of your response, don't even give it a thought, I know exactly what you mean.

I think I understand what you are saying, it is very true. Looking back I think the US cover you designed makes complete sense and it does resemble the times and the style, so yes, it does look very authentic, legit. Sometimes I just really like that whole dynamic feel of things and I want it in everything...it does get constrictive from time to time though.

I will look into the guide and ask DZ if he has the DC import. I'm gonna apologize in advance in case I'm too late, at least you got a solid cover already.

I have the import. I can scan it at work on Monday if you need it still dub.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Sorry for the delay on the Genny version, lots of people have been asking. Just been busy with that thing called life.

For the cover I found this cool shot of BIG holding Froggy I'd like to use. Need to contact the Deviant Art author and ask for a hires.

Back still needs re-work too just haven't figured out exactly what to do.

I had to recreate the SEGA 16-BIT CARTRIDGE bits in Illustrator. Surprised this didn't exist as vector already.

Stay tuned!

bigs_GENNY.jpg

Shut up and take my money... etc etc

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Dub dropped the MD version off last month and it looks just as good as these scans. Cart label is top notch too.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I'm pretty sure it's called Homebrew, tard-box.

Fucking noob. Take that feel-good shit back to acid-trip.com Look at the gold in that "Sega Official Seal of Quality" This is as bootleg as Gunlord or Fallen Angels (the notorious KOF '99 bootleg). Mine as well film the next Air Bud while we're at it. :help: