Looking for some help with PSX modchips...

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Last summer I bought a couple of PSX modchips. I believe I bought them from someone on these forums, but I don't know for sure. Transaction is not showing up in my Paypal history. Anyway, they did not come with instructions, which I am having a hard time finding online. Furthermore, these are MM3 chips, which apparently means that the pinout of the chip depends on how it was initially programmed (like what hex code was used, I guess).

First question is did anyone else buy PSX modchips from a dude on the forums in August of 2013, and if so did you successfully install it?

Secondly, assuming I get nothing from anyone on the first question, what can I do with these chips? Are they just garbage since I don't know the pinouts of these particular chips? Has anyone bought these MM3 "Stealth" chips and have some instructions? I am hoping to install one of these in an SCPH-101 (PSOne).

Thanks!

Chris

Actual chips I bought:

psxchips.JPG

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I gave a chip to Bladedancer, he might be able to help ya out

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Hey jibbs, I've installed these before, they are pretty rad chips. I can send you some install instructions when I get to a pc, although I would have no idea if the pinouts matched.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Hey jibbs, I've installed these before, they are pretty rad chips. I can send you some install instructions when I get to a pc, although I would have no idea if the pinouts matched.

That would be great. Thanks! It's at least worth a shot.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Voultar can help you. I bought my mod chip from him and was very simple to install in my PSone.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
If you can't get a hold of the seller or find a diagram lmk I can open mine up and take a pic of all the solder points

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Jibs, use google fu to find Eurasia shop, they sell the chips and have install diagrams for all the different motherboard revisions.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
This website has all the installation diagrams for the MM chips (about 3 downloads down).

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Thanks, man. I downloaded them. Going to give it a try today.