PICTURES OF MY COLLECTION SO FAR

Hi

It all started about 10 years ago, when i got my AES. I bought a few games for it, but realised it is to expensive.

Then came a CD, but the load times where to long.

Then a 2 slot board with Supergun and Samurai Shodown II.

After that there was a break for i think 7 years.

Last Christmas a OMEGA VMC CMVS found it's way to me and finally a Big Red 4 Slot Modell

Very hard to find a US Cab in Europe

DSCN1974.JPG
DSCN1975.JPGDSCN1976.JPGDSCN1977.JPG

Hope you like it

i am looking to get shockboxes for all of them, and also the complete artsets.

Just missing Ganryu, Matrimelee, Pulstar, Pochi & Nyaa, Fight Fever and The Iritating Maze

By the way

i found the cab in germany. It was a 9 hour drive from me to the guy who sold it. but it was worth it.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Legend of Success Joe spotted!! :mr_t:

nice collection man!! that cab looks great!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Very decent collection man ! Them pink carts though :smirk:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
WOHA! Some epic stuff in here. Congratulations on that selection of carts, wow.
When did you start picking up MVS carts/kits?
How did you end up with a big red (and in such a great condition)?

Tell us the story :)

So here is the story!!

I am collecting them since February. Buyed the most games through ebay. Paid some Super High Prices( SSVS was insane but i wanted it so badly). Finally found a cool guy in Italy who was not so overpriced.
YEAAH
I am very happy so far, because i am just missing a few Games. Maybe one day i will go for full collection but the quiz , mahjong games i am not so interested in. Now i am going for Shockboxes for the loose carts, and the artsets.

The story of the cab.

As a mentioned before i got an Omega last christmas and liked it a lot. I also got an framemeister mini to make the games look
perfect on my TVs.
But that all was not the real deal. So i started looking for a cab. Found a nice site on the net but shipping from the US to Austria is super high.
Then one day in June,(i am several times a day on ebay to check mvs stuff) i found a big red in Germany. I instantly bought it
because i knew this was my only chance in Europe to get such a nice cab.
The guy was located near the American Military Base Rammstein. i found out that he is a soldier and the cab was located in the Base. He is a passonate arcade and flipper collector and when the US Army sorted the cab out he took it.

I replaced all Joysticks and buttons and the EL panels and now i have perfect working NeoGeo Cab.

Last edited:

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Cool story bro (i really mean it). Cabs like that are super rare in Europe -like once in a lifetime oportunity- and are a great piece of video gaming history. I never knew there were pink carts in circulation. Any epic stories about them?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
If the "pink carts" you guys keep mentioning are the Breakers & Real Bout 2 in the top left of the first pic those are actually red. And Korea got the red carts. I've got a Slug 3 & Shock Troopers 2 in red from Korea. And those red carts look quite nice in an Omega... :D

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
So here is the story!!

I am collecting them since February. Buyed the most games through ebay. Paid some Super High Prices( SSVS was insane but i wanted it so badly). Finally found a cool guy in Italy who was not so overpriced.
YEAAH
I am very happy so far, because i am just missing a few Games. Maybe one day i will go for full collection but the quiz , mahjong games i am not so interested in. Now i am going for Shockboxes for the loose carts, and the artsets.

The story of the cab.

As a mentioned before i got an Omega last christmas and liked it a lot. I also got an framemeister mini to make the games look
perfect on my TVs.
But that all was not the real deal. So i started looking for a cab. Found a nice site on the net but shipping from the US to Austria is super high.
Then one day in June,(i am several times a day on ebay to check mvs stuff) i found a big red in Germany. I instantly bought it
because i knew this was my only chance in Europe to get such a nice cab.
The guy was located near the American Military Base Rammstein. i found out that he is a soldier and the cab was located in the Base. He is a passonate arcade and flipper collector and when the US Army sorted the cab out he took it.

I replaced all Joysticks and buttons and the EL panels and now i have perfect working NeoGeo Cab.

What EL panels did you use? I replaced my 4 slots with glow hut panels and they are so hit and miss, work sometimes, but usually don't. lol

Congrats on the cab, love my big red. And wow, crazy collection. Nice work

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Wow. Great collection. Amazed you were able to pick up that large of a collection in such a short time. Especially some of the harder to find titles like Pleasuregoal. Took me a couple years to track one down.

The EL panels i go from this site el-light.de.

The carts are actually in red, like mentioned before. maybe the light when i took a picture of them was not that good.

Thanks for all the nice comments so far. I appreciate this.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I now have an excuse to visit Austria.
That Big Red is awesome. Possibly the best looking "woody" ever.

That AES stuff is top too. Nice collection. :buttrock:

chrd

n00b
Some amazing MVS games in there (with amazing labels) as well, impressive!

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
good lord thats an amazing mvs collection and what a beautiful neo cab you got there. Also love the u.s. aes titles! very good collection without a doubt

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
This is the most American looking European collection I've seen. Congrats on the Big Red!

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Wow, what a collection of MVS games. I've just got into the MVS so have so many games to pick up.

Can I ask where you found most of them? Do you use eBay a lot?

Hi

Got the most of it from ebay. I also have a nice Italian Dealer. It cost me a lot of money to get this carts.

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Very nice collection man, I love the cab. I only have a masterplay cab atm hope to own a neo cab soon. Keep it up!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Congrats on the collection. Not a bad way to spend $12,000 to $14,000 in 10 months.

Actually i spent about 6000 Euros in total. I have some nice dealers, which are not so overpriced. Only SSVS was very expensive.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Does that include the Big Red and shock boxes? If so, you did get some killer deals.

I really got some good deals; Example 30 Euros for Prehistoric Isle 2; Best buy was Sengoku 3 for Aes. Found it on a flee market and got it for 50 Euros. The best thing was the guy asked 40 and i gave 50.Lucky me.
I also found two fully working 4 slot boards for 50 Euros. It was the same guy who sold Prehistoric Isle 2 to me. He also had many other games. I think i got about 40 games from him and spend a total of 1000. He knowed what it's value was, but he made
a good price if i take more. Cool thing by the way 40 Euros were for the "expensive one". His parents had an arcade and he just cleaned out the basement.

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
Very nice collection there!!! One day in the very very far
future i hope to have a collection to match this!