Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Android and Linux Handhelds - Shield, GCW Zero, GP2X, Pandora, Pyra, JXD, etc.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

Funny this should get bumped, I'm actually waiting for UPS to bring me a GPD XD today. I knew the XD+ was coming but I'm impatient.

I got tired of dicking around with Pi handhelds that had various issues, so when I was pricing out parts to build a new one I got north of $100 and thought "Why not just buy a GPD with a better screen and more power?"

This thing is fucking badass.

!!

Nice!

I have been eyeing a GPD XD, and I might go for the Plus model when it's available.

The built in emulators and software was complete garbage, Super Mario World was very laggy. I loaded the Legacy rom which is basically stock Android with Google Play and loaded my own emulators. It's great now that I have it (mostly) configured.

Galford's Armourer

Nice Gohan. How is the Dpad on the thing for fighting games? I have the GPD win and love it but the dpad is awful for fighting games. Even with that I would highly rexommend the GPD Win. I might pick up a XD if the dpad isany good.

The dpad is good for most games, but not fighters. I can't get supers out reliably. I've actually been playing Match of the Millennium using the analog stick, since there isn't much movement it works fairly well.

Galford's Armourer

Ok, thanks. I figured as much. I do the same thing with fighters using the analogue on the gpd win. Kinda silly but it works like you said. I guess it's the same dpad and membranes used for both handhelds. Glad you're enjoying it.

I also found a plastic grip thing that is made for the New 3ds xl but fits this thing perfectly, it lets me play for a long time without old man Arthur bothering me. I need to trim some plastic on the top though since it covers up the headphone jack.

Thread Information