Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
yes 5

kinda looks like 4 but with better gfx.

uuscip.gif

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Still not enough for me to buy a current gen system.

I hope this generation is a full on bust this holiday season.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Been trying to get the Beta working and it fails to connect and loops back to the main title screen. 25 minutes after the activation BTW. I expected this, lol.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Will get. Looks different enough to me, but hey some people need more...

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
1st step in beta test? Troubleshoot the whole thing.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Got it to boot once in training mode and played Charlie for 10 minutes before crashing while connecting to another player, lol. The animation is pretty nice and I like the character designs. They got rid of that painted look of SF 4 a lot more. Too bad I can't say anything about the background graphics due to only being in the training room.

BTW, they overhauled Charlie completely. He uses rotation commands, his flash kick is kinda like Adon's and he has two new special moves. His regular button attacks are the same as Alpha for the most part. There is a lot more depth for his gameplay in this game from what I played.

This was pretty much the experience for the night:

BOJXCqc.gif

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That sucks, Charlie should still be a charger, he's the best charger...ever!

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
They more than made up for with the depth of fighting he can do now. That adon/charlie flash kick mixed together is great and you can do some crazy air and anti-fireball stuff with it. The new moves are very useful as well. One is a forward overhead jump grab that slams the opponents head in the ground, which also can jump fireballs. The other move is a sort of non-jumping genocide cutter of 3 different low/mid/high slashes assigned to each kick button (similar to his super kick combo from alpha as a normal special move). Then you have V-strike that makes him teleport like chip from Guilty Gear (front, behind, above-front, above-behind). There are some awesome combo variations with his new build. I do miss the old Alpha Charlie, but I kind of understand why they made the change for SFV. The game feels and plays a lot more like the Alpha and SF3 series. They even brought back a parry system and stun gauge. Something about this game just feels right so far. I just wish I could play more of it soon.

BTW, the servers have been shutdown completely till they fix the netcode. Looks like they will do a retest of the first beta release in a week or month... who knows really.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
Still haven't been able to access this yet. I would be happy to just to have a taste before the beta is over.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
Totally defeated by the Press Any Button again. Fist time I got in I was excited, but got booted out 2 seconds later. Second time I got in I get to do training mode for like 5 mins, then boot booted again.....so frustrating. I'm done.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Oh this is in Beta already... hmm wonder if I should get it on Steam but then again playing on the PC isn't that nice on my Setup.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Trying to log in today. It does not even give me an error code anymore. Just kicks me back to the PS Home page.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
Trying to log in today. It does not even give me an error code anymore. Just kicks me back to the PS Home page.

Street Fighter ‏@StreetFighter 16h16 hours ago
The BETA is down for scheduled maintenance. We'll be back in the near future with more information regarding our BETA activities.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
They just announced that they are completely shutting it down until they fix it. Instead of trying to fire up the game, I would just keep checking Capcom-unity and the Street Fighter 5 Twitter page for when they release the beta again.

For me this is great due to being out of town for a week, lol.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Played a good 3 hours of it. Gonna take a break, lol. I am mostly trying to get my Cammy down. I love her double knee by hitting toward + HK and then going into and EX cannon drill or strike (or even the V-Strike versions). I also found a good super move trap: Use V-Strike Cannon Drill then do the super move right after from behind the opponent. I do hate how I lose to the lag due to Cammy being a offensively fast fighter.

LewiesFat

n00b
I got to play SFV at E3 about 6 times! i cant wait for it to be released. the graphics are crazy even the background characters look amazing.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Finally got into the beta after getting my ass kicked by the screen menu!
Played for about 2 hours.
The feel is somehow different from SFIV... yet a bit similar. It's not like SFIII or previous games, but pretty close to SFIV as for the space movement.

Agree with LewiesFat, graphicwise, Capcom is at it again, the game looks amazing!
Gameplay wise, I like the changes and the unique skills for each characters.

Charlie is nice to play!

Somehow, everytime I do his Sonic Scythe, I heard Rugal's voice: Genocide Cutter lol.

And now with R. Mika announced, I can't wait to see the next character they will reveal!

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Be aware... Charlie players abuse the shit out of the online lag. Oh yeah, it's actually ridiculously bad. It's a beta, whatever... lol. Cammy is so much better in this game than SFIV though.

Edit: Also....as I expected... can't punish the opponent after a sonic boom!!!

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I like V. I've been playing the hell out of it when it's up.