Street Fighter V PC and PS4 Exclusive

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I'll be shocked if at least Alex and Urien don't show up in the initial release. Hopefully they by the end, all the Third Strike characters return.

Totally in agreement here! This game needs Q, Alex, and Urien like I need air to breathe.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Looking at that footage, revenge meter is cancellable. This turns me off, I always hated how SF4 rewarded you for getting your ass kicked and now SF5 does it even more by giving you a super bar that's only filled by getting hit. At least in SF4, most ultra's had really long startup and weren't cancellable (outside of C.Viper super jump cancel, or whoever else? Ibuki?). I like that guard crush appears to be back, but the revenge shit is killing it for me.

I realize this is an early build and much will change, I just hope that certainly does.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
FADC/Red Focus makes every ultra comboable at worst, many are able to be used in combos for less meter.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Yup. Lots of juggle to ultra strings, too.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Ah, I totally forgot about red focus now. Haven't been keeping up in SF4 other than watching majors.

Bleh.

jon713

Camel Slug
Seems like some ok changes but it still screams 4 to me. Still to early though... :snack:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Necro Bump

So, for those of you who've played this, what are your general impressions of the game?

I've watched some videos and I think it looks pretty great.

To the point where I'm mildly tempted to buy.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
I got lucky(well lucky as in hitting x over and over the first few nights with no luck) and was able to spend a couple of hours with it mainly in training mode(i prob got 7-8 matches before they took it down) I had a blast trying out the Nash and Birdie and felt like the returning chars have some good dirt. I don't really miss focus attacks and like the V-Trigger system they have brought back. It seems like it has a chance to be pretty damm good if they take their time and don't rush. Namco claimed Tekken Vs Streetfighter was still in the works and the chars have been decided and they have char models ready. It seems that this game will likely see light after Tekken 7 and SFV have been out a year or so.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
After playing the hell out of the first 2 incarnations of SF4 and being too burnt out to explore the last 2, I've been ignoring the SF5 hype for the most part. Then, Capcom released this video. Not sure I'm totally back on board, but I'm definitely seeing some things here that are relevant to my interests. :drool:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I fucking HATED SFIV, MVC3, and SFxT but I'm beginning to get hyped for V.

To me SFIV looked like total dogshit, and I never got over how much worse it was than Third Strike.

I'm also so fucking psyched that the updates and DLC characters will be earnable through normal gameplay.

I was engaged in a one man boycott of Capcom over their DLC shenanigans, so I'm taking credit for this improvement. You're welcome.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I fucking HATED SFIV, MVC3, and SFxT but I'm beginning to get hyped for V.

To me SFIV looked like total dogshit, and I never got over how much worse it was than Third Strike.

I'm also so fucking psyched that the updates and DLC characters will be earnable through normal gameplay.

I was engaged in a one man boycott of Capcom over their DLC shenanigans, so I'm taking credit for this improvement. You're welcome.

Im excited for SFV. Street Fighter IV (vanilla) was pretty hype for me, i won a lot of tournaments & money in my area. In the end though, it was not fun for me & i elected to go back to HDR. Sadly that died out & i went to ST & that died out too.

I think this time around, im going to stick with it & hopefully FGC will accept sfv so i can get back into competitive fighting again.

The only thing from stopping me is the character cast. Hopefully we dont get rejects like SF3. Better have Zangief in it...WTF is Vega doing in the release date, probably most annoying SF2 character.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
SFV looks to be doing away with a bunch of shit that made SFIV turn into a really shitty game competitively. I was able to play 2 matches online and i got about 40 minutes of training time in. I like what i see so far. Love that Stun bar is back. I love that crouch tech was taken out. Also feels like most combos will be done with using medium attacks this time around, and not just mashing jab 3 to 4 times. Damage output is also great right now. Shit really hits hard.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I haven't invested major time or effort into the series since SFIIT.

Right now...SFV is awfully tempting.

March 2016? If there's nothing else significant coming out around that time I believe I'll be a player.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I haven't invested major time or effort into the series since SFIIT.

Right now...SFV is awfully tempting.

March 2016? If there's nothing else significant coming out around that time I believe I'll be a player.

Not even the SF Alpha series? Kinda missed out on those when they came out... especially SF Alpha 2. Alpha 1 was a breath of fresh air after so many SF2 variations and had the newer fighting system feel with it (combos, multiple supers and counter moves). Alpha 2 was just everything the first one was times two with quality in the gameplay, graphics, music and brought in some nice new characters. Alpha 3 was still pretty good, but the music in it really ruined some of the experience. Now I enjoy Alpha 3 a lot more than I did when it came out, but I still enjoy Alpha 2 Gold the most.

SF3 series always felt a little weird to me with the characters being way out there for the most part. It wasn't until Third Strike that I enjoyed it a lot more, plus they added Chun Li and Remy... which helped. As for SF4, I bought it on launch and I didn't get into it all that much. Then, several months ago I started to play SSF4 AE that I got free with PSN and Games With Gold, and I got back into it. Now, I am playing Ultra SF4 a lot more on the PS4. This will get me ready for SF5, which is also nice. I do like the changes with SF5 of what little of the beta I got to play when it was up for the second day.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The beta is now temporarily available in the US for testing. It will probably be taken down shortly for an official re-launch later.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Ive been in the beta for the past 2 hours. I have gotten into around 6 matches. Last match, just had my opponent disconnect after the first round (he got bodied) It's sad if he dropped because he was going to lose in a fucking beta

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Ive been in the beta for the past 2 hours. I have gotten into around 6 matches. Last match, just had my opponent disconnect after the first round (he got bodied) It's sad if he dropped because he was going to lose in a fucking beta

Haha, I was taking turns with my friend on trying the beta and he pulled double perfect on one of the opponents. Too bad gameplay recording was disabled lol.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
<glass breaks>

patpat.gif

BAH GAWD! BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP!

[stunner.gif

STUNNER! STUNNER!

No joke, I'm like 3 times more hype for this game now. Mika is such a dumb character but she's the perfect kind of dumb for Street Fighter. Plus she pisses off all of the neo-puritan crybabies.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
The Stunner with bulldog assist was pretty fucking awesome, I might be sold on this game now.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
maybe it's the autism or something but i'm still unhappy that capcom kinda threw all canon out the window and brought fighters from alpha, II and 3 series in one game, completely unaged. story is shit. i mean, maybe it's always been shit? but i liked it, and at least it had cohesion at one point.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Hell yeah! She looks awesome! I love that they gave her an assist character as well. Good job Capcom!

No more hearts on the bewbz though.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
maybe it's the autism or something but i'm still unhappy that capcom kinda threw all canon out the window and brought fighters from alpha, II and 3 series in one game, completely unaged. story is shit. i mean, maybe it's always been shit? but i liked it, and at least it had cohesion at one point.

Sorry, Sage. Once you step outside the most basic of backstory elements (Chun and Guile chasing Bison, Sagat wanting revenge against Ryu, etc), Street Fighter's "story" has been stupid as shit pretty much since the beginning. Characters not aging is the least of the concerns.

Schoolgirls can throw fireballs with no training because...? Blanka is what exactly? Why are SF Alpha characters more ripped than their SF2 incarnations (when it supposedly happened beforehand)?

If you liked it, that's cool. Everybody gets in to shit for their own reasons... but it's always been anime nonsense.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Worst character in fighting games history.

At least the rest of the roster has been good so far. Now bring Q and Oro.