Street Fighter V PC and PS4 Exclusive

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Not just art but mechanics.

SF5 should have just been SF4: Something.

Honestly I think its way, way too early to judge just yet. If the rumors are true that it won't be out until 2018, there's going to be plenty of time for them to change it. A one minute gameplay trailer isn't really going to show off all of the gameplay elements that are present either. There are already noticeable differences such as special move hit delay and combo timing from what I can see.

As for the art, I'd compare the differences to be similar to KOF '94/'95 and KOF '96 and onward. Familiar, but different and enhanced.

Last edited:

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm sure that the Xbox console exclusive will only last until a new version (Super Street Fighter 5) comes out.... 6 months after release.

If Sony is funding the R&D then I don't think they'd allow any use of that code near Microsoft. Plus the rumors of it being like KI won't lend it to that type of sequel abuse.

Maybe Namco will work out a deal with Xbox on the vaporware that is Tekken x SF

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Here's what's funny to me about the exclusivity deal:

Capcom sign a deal with Nintendo that Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe, P.N. 03, Resident Evil 4, and Dead Phoenix would never appear on Xbox or PS2. A few years later and only four of those games were produced and three of those four wound up on PS2. History will probably repeat itself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in exclusivity deals, the publisher receives upfront money and that's it (other than possibly discounted licensing fees). The console manufacturer does NOT bankroll the production of the game. I've never heard that and would be very surprised if that were the case since there's millions of dollars at risk in that situation.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The 15+ year exclusive deal of EA with NFL is still ongoing though.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The 15+ year exclusive deal of EA with NFL is still ongoing though.

There's a big difference. Capcom working with a console manufacturer is a game company to game company relationship. EA to NFL is a game company to one of the biggest licensing machines in the world deal. It would have been a drop in the bucket if EA didn't work out. Not to mention they already had a good track record and their sales since the deal haven't been disappointing and I'd assume haven't made the NFL think "Hey maybe we should rethink this EA thing."

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
If the rumors are true that it won't be out until 2018.

I think it was Ono that said don't expect to see it until 2018, but that was last year, and it was because they had no budget to make the game.

I'm assuming Sony has since provided that budget, so I doubt the 2018 date will still hold true.

spoonz

Quiz Detective
I'd estimate late 2015, early 2016. Since they can't release it in time for Evo 2015, they will probably release it just before Evo 2016.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in exclusivity deals, the publisher receives upfront money and that's it (other than possibly discounted licensing fees). The console manufacturer does NOT bankroll the production of the game. I've never heard that and would be very surprised if that were the case since there's millions of dollars at risk in that situation.

Yes, the rumor is that Sony is at least partially funding the production of the game. I've heard the same about Dead Rising 3 and whatever monster hunter was exclusive to Nintendo. Both from capcom and neither has seen the light of day on competing systems.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I've heard the same about Dead Rising 3 and whatever monster hunter was exclusive to Nintendo. Both from capcom and neither has seen the light of day on competing systems.

Dead Rising 3 released on PC. Regardless not being a console, its still another competing platform and not an Exclusive.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
SF5 is releasing on PC also. If you want to think of this discussion outside of inclusivity to PC then go ahead, but Games for Windows Live releases would probably also count as a Microsoft product.

On PC, if SF5 gets released with whatever replaces GFWL then it would be odd.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
SF5 is releasing on PC also. If you want to think of this discussion outside of inclusivity to PC then go ahead, but Games for Windows Live releases would probably also count as a Microsoft product.

Once Again, like your platform Dev statement, incorrect.

It is NOT A Windows Live Game.
It is NOT A Microsoft Product.

Developer: Capcom Game Studio Vancouver
Publisher: Capcom

Dead Rising 3 Steam Page

Full Steam Intergration:
Steam Achievements
Steam Leaderboards
Steam Cloud
Steam Trading Cards

XB1: November 22, 2013
PC Release: September 5, 2014

Dead Rising 3 was a XB1 Timed Exclusive. Unlike SF5 which was announced PC & PS4 Exclusive from the beginning.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
My mistake. I just did a cursory search of Google.

If your argument is that a title being on two platforms is not an exclusive, that's fine too. It doesn't really matter.

Dead Rising 3 would represent a product that did not release on a console other than the Microsoft one. If rumors are true, SF5 will be a product that will not release on a console other than the Sony one.

If you'd like to have any more semantics discussions, count me out.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
If you'd like to have any more semantics discussions, count me out.

It's not about semantics man. Its correcting info in a discussion so it isn't misleading for others and nothing personal. I am not a know-it-all. I have made plenty of mistakes on this forum, but I admit to them. Just as you just did. It has nothing to do with winning an argument.

Something members like joe8 and Jassin will never understand, for example.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Understood. But when I preface what I'm saying with "it's a rumor," then no one should be mislead as to its accuracy.

Or more so, no one should run to the bank with the info.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Understood. But when I preface what I'm saying with "it's a rumor," then no one should be mislead as to its accuracy.

Or more so, no one should run to the bank with the info.

Completely understandable with the DR3 statement. Not so with your previous statement regarding the development of Capcom games for PS3/360 eariler in the thread.

Some bonus info regarding MvC3's ports since many gamers don't know the truth:

PS3 MvC3: Has V-Sync to remove all screen tearing thus suffers fps drops during busy areas of the game.

360 MvC3: Has no V-Sync and suffers horrible screen tearing during busy areas of the game thus has little impact on FPS.

End result: 360 used in tournaments (FPS over Screen Tearing). Both ports were poorly optimized, period.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
So how does that work? Is there no lead platform?

I guess all the work is done within the engine and not the framework of the Xbox or PS3?

Edit: related: Microsoft gauging interest in KI PC port

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=299.msg84797#msg84797

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Dead Rising 3 released on PC. Regardless not being a console, its still another competing platform and not an Exclusive.

Completely understandable with the DR3 statement. Not so with your previous statement regarding the development of Capcom games for PS3/360 eariler in the thread.

Some bonus info regarding MvC3's ports since many gamers don't know the truth:

PS3 MvC3: Has V-Sync to remove all screen tearing thus suffers fps drops during busy areas of the game.

360 MvC3: Has no V-Sync and suffers horrible screen tearing during busy areas of the game thus has little impact on FPS.

End result: 360 used in tournaments (FPS over Screen Tearing). Both ports were poorly optimized, period.

FPS vs Screen Tearing doesn't matter much, MVC3 is just a button masher.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
So how does that work? Is there no lead platform?

I guess all the work is done within the engine and not the framework of the Xbox or PS3?

Edit: related: Microsoft gauging interest in KI PC port

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=299.msg84797#msg84797

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MT_Framework

It is why they ended up building the engine in house, because no other Company wanted to build it to their specs. The major reason behind it was to do all production on PC and port over to 2 platforms at the same time, which saves time and manpower.

:thevt:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member

If you're implying that being good at Marvel doesn't require all of the same skills as any other fighting game: timing, position, execution, okizeme, opponent psychology... you're sorely mistaken. The only difference is that it does all of that at twice the speed of every other fighting game.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Cross-play is only interesting if both platforms have a strong online infrastructure. I have no doubt that the connections on the PC would be solid. As for the PS4, there are going to be tons of laggers hopping online. PSN is a shitty excuse for a service that does not deserve people's money to be able to play online. The PS4 peasants are going to ruin the online play with their shitty lag.

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
Cross-play is only interesting if both platforms have a strong online infrastructure. I have no doubt that the connections on the PC would be solid. As for the PS4, there are going to be tons of laggers hopping online. PSN is a shitty excuse for a service that does not deserve people's money to be able to play online. The PS4 peasants are going to ruin the online play with their shitty lag.

On the other side of that coin there are going to be pc users running the game on old hardware that can't maintain a solid 60fps while trying to play others online which will result in terribly slow and laggy matches.

Last edited: