Street Fighter V PC and PS4 Exclusive

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
So.....what are the chances I will be able to use my PS3 stick? As I understand it it depends on the developer to allow or disallow it on PS4?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Way too early to tell, but I think that if it was a developer decision that they'd allow it.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I didn't want to get into this generation of consoles. But now all of a sudden I need a PS4. Uhg.

Console + stick + SFV + PSN + HDMI TV = fucking pricey.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I think it would be very likely that PC players could use the USB PC sticks. If the PS4 has a USB port for controllers/accessories (I actually have no idea) it would be a giant slap in the face to not code the compatibility for the tons of existing Hori/Madcatz/Quanba/etc users. I mean, I'm a mediocre fighting game player, there's only so many times I'm gonna keep buying shinier arcade controllers.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Do you have a PC? If so, use that. SF4 on PC is fantastic.

... unless you want to play online. Ever since they transitioned from Games for Windows Live to Steamworks, the netplay for SF4 has been hot garbage. They've patched it a couple of times and it's gotten marginally better but the 360/PS3 versions have less input lag and more reliable connections.

But yes, the PC version will take most any USB controller (including most 360/PS3 sticks).

The PS3 sticks on PS4 thing is entirely up to Capcom. Mike Z (creator of Skullgirls), along with some former Naughty Dog employee, created a driver that allows PS4s to use PS3 sticks with zero input lag (beyond what's already there) and has said publicly that anyone else who wishes to use it can do so for free. On a related note, Mad Catz is making new sticks that are compatible with both PS3 and PS4, so we'll see what happens.

nork69

Marked Wolf
10 Year Member
Microsoft got KI
SONY got SF
We will survived threw this

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Do you have a PC? If so, use that. SF4 on PC is fantastic.

I do but it's broken (pretty sure it's the motherboard) and the last game it could run reasonably well was bioshock 1. If I'm going to plop down hundreds for some current gen gaming I might as well spend it on a ps4 since I'm sure I'll want to play uncharted, last of us 2, kingdom hearts, and final fantasy. Oh and no mans sky.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Capcom must be in real financial trouble.
It needed Nintendo to help fund the Monster Hunter series.
It needed Microsoft to help fund Dead Rising 3.
It needed Sony to help fund Deep Down and SFV.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Why the fuck does it look like SF4?

I was so excited from seeing "New SF5 Gameplay Trailer" and then seeing it looks like SF4 is a slap in the face to the franchise.

SF1
SF2
SFA
SF3
SF4

All look different, why the fuck is Capcom getting lazy now? RIP Capcom.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have zero confidence in Capcom any more.

I hated Street Fighter IV, MvC3, and SFxT.

I'm just going to keep playing Third Strike, Super Turbo, Alpha 3, and TvC.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'm hoping the SFV info, is an early April Fool's.

If '4+' is the road they are going down, (and no Arcade rev-HA!) I'm DONE w/ Capcom.

However; if they happen to go in a XRD or KoF XIII direction, I might bite.

Want a day one outta me?

RUMBLE FISH AESTHETICS.

DIMPS was all up in SFIV...they could do it, if they wanted to.

Street Fighter Five? More like Street Fighter Jive.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think my idea of a game called Street Fighter Third Strike Pro, was a better idea than this game.

Street Fighter 3rd Strike Pro is just 3rd Strike with the added feature of line sway. Just imagine someone like Daigo using both line sway and parries.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Why the fuck does it look like SF4?

I was so excited from seeing "New SF5 Gameplay Trailer" and then seeing it looks like SF4 is a slap in the face to the franchise.

SF1
SF2
SFA
SF3
SF4

All look different, why the fuck is Capcom getting lazy now? RIP Capcom.

Do they though?? If we don't include Alpha or the side series games (like VS), are SF2, SF3 and SF4 really that different in art direction? SF3 just looks like a straight graphical upgrade of SF2 for the most part. It definitely has bigger sprites, more frames of animation, and flashier special attacks, but can you really argue that it's that different in art direction and style? And SF4 was literally just them trying to take the style of SF2 flesh it out, and make it work in 3D.

If you actually look, I think the difference between SF4 and SF5 is pretty comparable to the difference between SF2 and SF3. And if the menus and presentation make a major shift like the shift between 2 and 3, it's going to feel pretty different, at least in my opinion.

Besides, the most important bit is the gameplay. This game has very different speed and timing than 4, guard breaks, bigger air combos, ground bounce, destructible environments, some kind of instinct mode, and who knows what else! The way he low forwards into super at least looks more like 3S.

I'm not saying "your opinion is wrong" or any garbage like that, I'm just saying I'm not sure how different it could be without Xrd'ing, and SF is too mainstream to go cel shaded now.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Not just art but mechanics.

SF5 should have just been SF4: Something.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Do they though??

Remove the DX11 enhancements aka more shaders, lighting, add in more ink bs, lose some poly and you have SFIV. It looks lazy so far, however it is initial footage. We'll see what the mechanics are when more info comes. Capcom has lost a lot of respect these past few years from many of us. Not holding my breath.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Those early SFIV pics were horrendous too, and it at least got a little better.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Not just art but mechanics.

SF5 should have just been SF4: Something.

Here I am trying to figure out what I can out of a 1 minute teaser like a sucker and Xian over here has the inside scoop.

Spill it!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
People complained when Capcom keep making new versions of SF2.

People complain when they jump to the next number but still looked like the old one.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't. XD

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
If it doesn't support PS3 sticks on PS4 you could always use a PS360+ which I'm fairly sure supports PS4/XBONE now. Good that it's coming to the PS4, but it probably will be released on the XBONE eventually. I'm always excited for a new Street Fighter, especially since I'm not a massive fan of SFIV. The graphics in the trailer have definitely improved over SFIV, but early trailers don't exactly show the how the final product will look. Finally a new reason to jump into the New Gen. Let's hope.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Here I am trying to figure out what I can out of a 1 minute teaser like a sucker and Xian over here has the inside scoop.

Spill it!

What I mean is that if the mechanics are better than SF4 then it's just an improvement in mechanics like Double Impact to 3rd Strike was, not really a new "number" in the series.

I guess I'm just used to the older more inventive Capcom with each new "number" in the series.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Do they though?? If we don't include Alpha or the side series games (like VS), are SF2, SF3 and SF4 really that different in art direction? SF3 just looks like a straight graphical upgrade of SF2 for the most part. It definitely has bigger sprites, more frames of animation, and flashier special attacks, but can you really argue that it's that different in art direction and style? And SF4 was literally just them trying to take the style of SF2 flesh it out, and make it work in 3D.

If you actually look, I think the difference between SF4 and SF5 is pretty comparable to the difference between SF2 and SF3. And if the menus and presentation make a major shift like the shift between 2 and 3, it's going to feel pretty different, at least in my opinion.

Besides, the most important bit is the gameplay. This game has very different speed and timing than 4, guard breaks, bigger air combos, ground bounce, destructible environments, some kind of instinct mode, and who knows what else! The way he low forwards into super at least looks more like 3S.

I'm not saying "your opinion is wrong" or any garbage like that, I'm just saying I'm not sure how different it could be without Xrd'ing, and SF is too mainstream to go cel shaded now.

I'm not like most SF fans, I was a fan from the very first Street Fighter. I played the hell out of the 1st one in the arcade with the punch pads. I loved the characters and special moves you could pull off when playing another arcade goer.

When SF2 came out, the graphics were better, music not better but catchier. But the ease of pulling off moves compared to SF1 was a HUGE difference, so much easier making the game more competitive and fun to play.

When SFA came out, the art direction was a little more anime-ish, music wasn't memorable but they introduced the roll and the alpha counter system as well as a super bar.

When SF3 came out, the art was less anime-ish and more appealing as it looked like a more talented person did the art. The music again was only really memorable on the character select screen, they added EX moves, selectable supers, and of course the parry system.

When SF4 came out, it went from 2D to 2.5D, art was similar to 3S but more vibrant and dark at the same time and was mostly different visually due to the just from 2D to 2.5D. Music...meh, added the focus system, cinematic moves that some assholes used way to early, sucks when you have to wait for a whole sequence before you can get back to fighting.

SF5, we'll see. Of course it looks really similar to SF4 and that's all we really know at this point. I'm hoping Capcom did something really innovative in 5 and surprises us all but according to that trailer it's a bunch of more waiting from sequences, ugh. I just wish they changed art style a little bit with all the new stuff they are adding like you said.

Last edited:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm not like most SF fans, I was a fan from the very first Street Fighter. I played the hell out of the 1st one in the arcade with the punch pads. I loved the characters and special moves you could pull off when playing another arcade goer.

When SF2 came out, the graphics were better, music not better but catchier. But the ease of pulling off moves compared to SF1 was a HUGE difference, so much easier making the game more competitive and fun to play.

When SFA came out, the art direction was a little more anime-ish, music wasn't memorable but they introduced the roll and the alpha counter system as well as a super bar.

When SF3 came out, the art was less anime-ish and more appealing as it looked like a more talented person did the art. The music again was only really memorable on the character select screen, they added EX moves, selectable supers, and of course the parry system.

When SF4 came out, it went from 2D to 2.5D, art was similar to 3S but more vibrant and dark at the same time and was mostly different visually due to the just from 2D to 2.5D. Music...meh, added the focus system, cinematic moves that some assholes used way to early, sucks when you have to wait for a whole sequence before you can get back to fighting.

SF5, we'll see. Of course it looks really similar to SF4 and that's all we really know at this point. I'm hoping Capcom did something really innovative in 5 and surprises us all but according to that trailer it's a bunch of more waiting from sequences, ugh. I just wish they changed art style a little bit with all the new stuff they are adding like you said.

Well, the super bar started in super turbo, but I will give you that with the alpha counters and distinct timing and feel Alpha did set itself apart pretty well.

I get what you're saying though, even if they introduce a bunch of new systems it may not be enough to set it apart from 4, which would really suck. I'm just thinking that, with no more focus attacks, FADCs, or Ultras present, Capcom really has the opportunity to make this feel really fresh. Word is they're doing a live gameplay demonstration at the Capcom Cup though, so hopefully they'll do a better job proving that they're breaking new ground then.

It's shame there is so little hope we'll see the return of the parry though, parry is love.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm sure that the Xbox console exclusive will only last until a new version (Super Street Fighter 5) comes out.... 6 months after release.

Last edited:

spoonz

Quiz Detective
If it doesn't support PS3 sticks on PS4 you could always use a PS360+ which I'm fairly sure supports PS4/XBONE now.

It doesn't as yet. I think the only thing that works is the TitanOne but since that has the potential to use cheats it's probably banned at tournaments.