Street Fighter V PC and PS4 Exclusive

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Games on modern consoles usually run better on the platform it was developed on. Most shared PS3/360 games were developed with the 360 in mind, hence a constant 60fps was hard to achieve in MvC3 and street fighter on the ported playstation versions.

PS3/360/PC Capcom games are developed on MT Framework. They weren't developed on 360 first or "in mind". The whole reason for the in house engine and its name. Multi-Target / Multi-Thread

Games using the MT Framework are originally developed on the PC and then ported to the other two platforms.

You wanna get Technical SFIV was also developed for PC first as well and ported to consoles as X2 hardware is just a PC.

Panta Rhei is the engine being used for PS4/XB1 and again being developed on PC with heavy usage of the DX11 API.

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'll be getting it for PC. I have a PS4, but don't really care for it(or the controller).

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I almost don't care what they do with SFV. I'm just tired of SFIV's mechanics at this point. It's time for something fresh. I'll play it cause I'm sure it's what everyone else will be playing too.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I can't believe how many people are saying that this looks just like SFIV. If anything, it sort of resembles MvC3.

Right off the bat I notice a great bit of improvements in details with the lighting, animation, character models, particle effects, background etc. It looks quite different and better then SFIV and this game is no where near complete.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Hopefully Sony didn't pay too much for the exclusive window.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
The greatest fighting game franchise will get better. The characters certainly look different and have a lesser mass to them, especially chunli. They also look less cartoony. I hope they improve on the music. SF4's music was forgettable. They are going crazy on special effects with tons of alpha transparencies on moves it seems which is actually one of the weak area for PS4 when it comes to performance. PC version will be the best version. I can't wait to play this bitch in 4k.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I almost don't care what they do with SFV. I'm just tired of SFIV's mechanics at this point. It's time for something fresh.

I imagine even the slightest changes will make SF4's fans bitch even worse than SF3 fans' rage over SF4 changes lol.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
I heard that this will prob just be a timed eclusive(keyboard missing a key) Either way im just surprised to see them reveal a little

spoonz

Quiz Detective
I honestly don't see how this looks like SF4, the models and textures look new albeit early. See comparison pic below

dD0tUmd.jpg

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Extended gameplay trailer! Is that a guard break? and Chun does some sort of power up mode?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Now that I've watched this a few times, this definitely isn't just like SF4.

The painted look on the characters is gone. They still look cartoonish, but more in line with their look in SF3.

This stage is way more complex and detailed than what was in SF4. It really feels like a 3D stage instead of a flat backdrop. A lot more motion in the background objects too. I also like that extra stage sections can be broken into like Injustice.

The special move effects have more detail to them, but they seem to retain some of the painted effect from SF4.

Combat timing and hit effects are much tighter. Its much more like an SNK fighter to me in that way.

There's some nice zoom effects on moves beyond just Supers. Again, it reminds me of SNK games.

Overall, I'm digging this a lot more now.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
That extended trailer looks pretty sweet. Guard crush and OTGs! since there appears to be a guard crush maybe we will have something like alpha counters. Looks like ryu activates MAX mode or something after getting thrown through the wall real bout style.

I agree with the SNK vibe assessment.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah it looks a lot faster and more aggressive then SF4. It definitely seems like they are going for a pace closer to Third Strike or CvS2. Unfortunately, some of those transition animations don't look as smooth as those in SF4. Maybe that's the trade off for better speed? I mean the animation overall looks great but some of those transitions looked jerky.

The ink style EX moves look WAY better then the EX moves in previous games. Really cool change there.

Those Power Up modes got me hyped. Ryu with that electricity mode. Its about damn time he got that. I've been waiting for that element to develop since Pocket Fighters. Hopefully he gets that special too.

Man after that trailer, I have high hopes for this game.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I'm very much looking forward to this - will probably play it for the PC close to day 1

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
YouTube standard playback is 29.97 fps. When you see the transitions at 60 fps, they should look smoother.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
To me it looks like the slimmed down the chunky look from 4 and added in more particle effects, ala' Killer Instinct. I like the transitional stages, I don't think Capcom's done that since the original Marvel Vs. Capcom. It's still too early to know how it's all going to shape up. With IV I hated how the game felt (pretty much since most of the characters I used played. Blanka was shit while I got tons of hateful messages on XBox Live when I used Fei Long because he was too good. I will say playing through the versions of IV made me appreciate the 3 series even more. I still can't parry worth shit but when you can pull it off it's so satisfying.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Sure am glad I purchased a PS4 over an XBOX One.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
was exited to find out it was being announced, was let down by the initially leaked video (cheesy, tame, stale), was exited once more by what what then transpired (the gameplay footage). admittedly the following statement is very premature, but whatever - aesthetically it seems to hark back to when fighting games where brash and elegant, and fundamentally japanese taste-wise. maybe I'm a little too enthused, hungry for that kick again. but I haven't seen something of this ilk in a decade and more. fingers crossed. Im horrible at videogames in general, but I love what the one's of my younger days stand for.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
YouTube standard playback is 29.97 fps. When you see the transitions at 60 fps, they should look smoother.

lol man I was just thinking that exactly right before I read your post.

I'm like "Here I am complaining about transition animations but of course its not gonna look right, that wasn't even a 60 FPS video"

Then I read your post and chuckled to myself

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/...ighter-v-announced-exclusively-for-ps4-and-pc
As much as I would just like to just go ahead and let everything sink in, I have one more surprise for you all! On December 13th, we will be showing the first live match of Street Fighter V at the Capcom Cup. You’ll definitely want to tune into Capcomcup.com to watch all the action unfold. Currently the release dates for USFIV and SFV have not been announced yet, so I’ll definitely be back with that information and more in the future. GET HYPE EVERYONE!

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
They also just announced that PS4 and PC users will be able to play against each other. ALL fighting games should do this.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
They also just announced that PS4 and PC users will be able to play against each other. ALL fighting games should do this.

Sick! - Funny I was just thinking about this as a 'wishful thinking' feature...

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder

I'm calling it right now. PC users will need to buy PS+ to play online.

Also, what's up with Capcom not announcing a date for USF4 yet? It's out already :scratch: