Street Fighter V PC and PS4 Exclusive

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Don't knock PC gaming until you try it dude. How will you play games when both arcades and consoles are done?

I've done minimal PC gaming. Does Commodore 64 and TI-994A Count? I did play the Sims, Blade Runner, Atomic Bomberman, and Fallout on PC back in the day.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I've done minimal PC gaming. Does Commodore 64 and TI-994A Count? I did play the Sims, Blade Runner, Atomic Bomberman, and Fallout on PC back in the day.

Not really the same as current computing. Computers are pretty cheap these days. You don't need to spend $3000+ on a crazy gaming rig to play most games. My computer is almost ten years old and still plays most games I've tried. I've been playing games like Fallout 4, Farcry 4, and Dark Souls 3 without any problems. I would like to get a new PC pretty soon though.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Not really the same as current computing. Computers are pretty cheap these days. You don't need to spend $3000+ on a crazy gaming rig to play most games. My computer is almost ten years old and still plays most games I've tried. I've been playing games like Fallout 4, Farcry 4, and Dark Souls 3 without any problems. I would like to get a new PC pretty soon though.

Yea, I have a 10 year old iMac. I tried to DL steam for Shadowrun Returns, I wasn't able to navigate it and DL the game on sale, but it wouldn't run steam.

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
In case anyone cares, Capcom has released an update on PS4 that adds new online features to CFN, as well as a new character (Ed?) and a couple stages from older SF games (Bison/Vega stages) for in-game purchase.

If you install the update and sign in to CFN within the next two weeks, they'll give you 50,000 Fight Money.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
In case anyone cares, Capcom has released an update on PS4 that adds new online features to CFN, as well as a new character (Ed?) and a couple stages from older SF games (Bison/Vega stages) for in-game purchase.

If you install the update and sign in to CFN within the next two weeks, they'll give you 50,000 Fight Money.

Gotta get that free fight money!

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
They also added an entire second set of trials and demonstrations which are worth another 125k and 12k fight money respectively (assuming you have all of the characters) if you finish 'em all. The trials are a little tougher than the 1st set but should still be doable for most fighting game regulars.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I finally got this game last week, and put some time in on the weekend, and it's a lot better than I was expecting. It's definitley missing some options, and doesn't seem as much of a big leap as 4 was from 3, but it's still a lot of fun and perfectly playable.

I spent a lot of time playing casual matches online, and only had a couple of lag issues. My win rate is about 50/50, so I will probably take the leap to Ranked this week and see how I get on.

100proof

10 Year Member
I've always wondered how people who haven't been through all of the bullshit with that game (the disastrous launch, the constant delays on content, etc.) would react to it.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've always wondered how people who haven't been through all of the bullshit with that game (the disastrous launch, the constant delays on content, etc.) would react to it.

I would have bought it at launch, but I was put off by all the feedback. I'm glad I waited.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Season 2 really has knocked it out of the park in terms of unique and interesting brand new characters. Every damn one of them is interesting Kind of surprised 2017 Capcom had that in them. I remember being annoyed with Season being announced to be (outside of Akuma) all new characters but now In hindsight really im glad they decided to do it this way.

Also he looks pretty fun to play and his theme is awesome. Kind of confused about the switching/becoming young thing he does though

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Looking great. Lots of the new content was mentioned in the reddit leak from last month (which also included SCVI along with many other shit).

100proof

10 Year Member
Glad they decided to reveal the characters up front this time. Shit was frustrating especially when all of the characters were leaked months ago.

Digging Cody and Sakura's new defaults and G looks like the perfect kind of ridiculous.

Now Capcom just needs to unfuck MvCI but that seems like a much taller order.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Capcom snatching souls with all these announcements and leaks goddamn

Those finals and that surprise reveal was amazing

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I am legit THRILLED with the evolution of Cody's character out of that stupid hamburglar outfit. Is he now the mayor of Metro City? Or has he continued down a criminal path and become Capcom's Geese Howard?

The Final Fight story has always interested me. From the arcade game to the two SNES offerings to even Final Fight Revenge and the PS2 game, there has always been a sort of loose canon that the Street Fighter games have paid homage to. I know it's not the pinnacle of narrative, but the nostalgia for this series (and Fatal Fury) still have a slight hold on me.