Street Fighter V PC and PS4 Exclusive

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
You can tell by how jerky and stiff the animations are it's still a very early build. I'm sure it will be improved upon as it reaches release.
I'll sit back and wait, if it's another 'get hit and be rewarded' or 'punish good execution with horrible damage scaling' game, I'll pass.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks just like SF4.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
This will adapt a pay to win model. microtransaction special/super moves. no more spamming projectiles unless you pay for it. roundhouse/fierce will be free to preorders exclusive to gamestop

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I've heard a rumor that this might be taking a similar F2P approach like Killer Instinct. Take that with a huge grain of salt, but my source has been right about a few other Capcom things in the past.

I really hope not, but knowing Capcom and their shitty DLC and re-release practices, I wouldn't be one bit surprised.

KI allows you to buy the whole game, or just play the free one with characters changing every few months. I would say it's the least exploitative of any F2P game....

Yeah I wouldn't trust capcom with that either.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
uuscip.gif

Well I guess I'm getting a PS4. I was drooling over GGXrd last week, but this tears it.

I hope it's more like III than II, or even more like Alpha. Just so it's not too much of a retread of IV.

Heck with this little footage it could be like anything.

Last edited:

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
uuscip.gif

Well I guess I'm getting a PS4. I was drooling over GGXrd last week, but this tears it.

I hope it's more like III than II, or even more like Alpha. Just so it's not too much of a retread of IV.

It looks more dragon ball z than street fighter. Everything is very exaggerated.

Steveotron

n00b
it does just look like SFIV to me. Not interested. I really wanted to like IV as I loved Third Strike, But SFIV was a letdown for me. Just couldn't get on with it.

Maybe i just loved TS and Alpha 2 too much.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
uuscip.gif

Honestly, I thought that the footage in this GIF was from USF4 when I first saw it. I don't think Chun-Li looks that different, and for all I knew, that was Evil Ryu. I have barely played USF4 myself and don't know what Evil Ryu looks like. Also, I could have sworn I saw a background somewhere in that car commercial video that was from SF4. Maybe that was actual SF4 footage like the SF2 footage they included in the video, though.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Looks like they want it to play differently from SF4, which is a good thing IMO. I was hoping for a new art style, but whatever. The big shock is they are avoiding Xbox like in the old days.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Looks like they want it to play differently from SF4, which is a good thing IMO. I was hoping for a new art style, but whatever. The big shock is they are avoiding Xbox like in the old days.

Didn't the SF4 games run better on the 360 than the PS3? The PS4 seems to be more capable than the Xbone, so it's not too surprising the would go with the PS4.

I'm just happy that they're also bringing it to the PC. I only ever played SF4 on PC, and I'm so happy more fighting games are coming to PC. Here's hoping that a future version of Guilty Gear Xrd is coming. Until then, the PS3 version of the first game will work for me.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Games on modern consoles usually run better on the platform it was developed on. Most shared PS3/360 games were developed with the 360 in mind, hence a constant 60fps was hard to achieve in MvC3 and street fighter on the ported playstation versions.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I don't think it's fair to naysay the game based on its gameplay merits or its graphics just yet.

We can presume all we want, but until we start to see something resembling a finished product and see the experts break it down, it's best to just take a wait and see approach.

Even if you have low expectations of Capcom, at least give the game a chance to get close to release and be judged by those who can accurately report on its strengths and weaknesses. Putting it to the sword right now is just premature.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I'm probably in the minority, but after I got past the wonky looking graphics I actually enjoyed Street Fighter 4. I'm not a serious competitive fighter, just some dude that like to throw fireballs and flaming uppercuts and flying spinning kicks and other cool stuff like that!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Didn't the SF4 games run better on the 360 than the PS3? The PS4 seems to be more capable than the Xbone, so it's not too surprising the would go with the PS4.

I'm just happy that they're also bringing it to the PC. I only ever played SF4 on PC, and I'm so happy more fighting games are coming to PC. Here's hoping that a future version of Guilty Gear Xrd is coming. Until then, the PS3 version of the first game will work for me.

Yup, they run better on Xbox than on the PS3. I'll be going for this on PC as well. A PS4 and a joystick that works with it will be big bucks. I'll also get on PS3 for GGXrd, just not at launch.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Yup, they run better on Xbox than on the PS3. I'll be going for this on PC as well. A PS4 and a joystick that works with it will be big bucks. I'll also get on PS3 for GGXrd, just not at launch.

I want the Xrd soundtrack, so I'll be getting it at lauch.

And I'm a huge metal nerd that was disappointed in how un-metal Blazblue turned out to be, so there's that.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm all for more Street Fighter. More of a fan of the CPS1/2/3 era, but I sure did put a lot of time into SFIV. I know there is no release date set, but just the announcement and footage of SFV seems too soon.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I'm all for more Street Fighter. More of a fan of the CPS1/2/3 era, but I sure did put a lot of time into SFIV. I know there is no release date set, but just the announcement and footage of SFV seems too soon.

I agree it's too soon. USF4 just came out.

At least they won't milk SF4 anymore. Maybe.

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm surprised arcadey games like this aren't free-to-play for a few credits and then you gotta do micro transactions for extra continues like actual arcade machines.

Maybe on SFV: Arcade Edition.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
At least they won't milk SF4 anymore. Maybe.

There is nothing left to really milk anymore. Street Fighter isn't the phenomenon it once was no matter how much Capcom wants it to be.

When I think street fighter I think early to mid 90's when they were releasing a new games on cps1/2 every 3 months. This new stuff is just fan service.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I want the Xrd soundtrack, so I'll be getting it at lauch.

And I'm a huge metal nerd that was disappointed in how un-metal Blazblue turned out to be, so there's that.

Hmm, you bring up a good point, my GG Isuka CD is a bit of a prized possession. Blaz Blue bugged me with it shitty drawings.

I hope this game goes back to more of a Street Fighter III style. I read an article about that on Shoryuken earlier today, but it was largely speculation.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Hmm, you bring up a good point, my GG Isuka CD is a bit of a prized possession. Blaz Blue bugged me with it shitty drawings.

I hope this game goes back to more of a Street Fighter III style. I read an article about that on Shoryuken earlier today, but it was largely speculation.

Ah man I'd love to get my hands on the Isuka OST. How did you get a hold of that?

But yeah I'm really loving the art style and animation. Those ink effects look great and that lighting...damn that looks good.

Looks a lot closer to Third Strike judging by the little bit that was shown. I was already 100 percent on board with the PS4 so this doesn't affect me but it sucks for the Xbox getting left out in the rain.

Then again, you guys got KI.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I don't think it's fair to naysay the game based on its gameplay merits or its graphics just yet.

We can presume all we want, but until we start to see something resembling a finished product and see the experts break it down, it's best to just take a wait and see approach.

Even if you have low expectations of Capcom, at least give the game a chance to get close to release and be judged by those who can accurately report on its strengths and weaknesses. Putting it to the sword right now is just premature.

For real. People are really deciding if this game is going to be good or not based on maybe 100 frames of video for something that was likely whipped up specifically for a teaser trailer?

Also I think people are forgetting about the quality of sfiv backgrounds. They were nearly dreamcast level in terms of complexity, poly count, and textures. And as others have mentioned, don't forget about how lame the original screens of sfiv looked when EGM printed the first reveal and hands on preview. I seriously have that issue sitting next to my toilet right now.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Ah man I'd love to get my hands on the Isuka OST. How did you get a hold of that?

But yeah I'm really loving the art style and animation. Those ink effects look great and that lighting...damn that looks good.

Looks a lot closer to Third Strike judging by the little bit that was shown. I was already 100 percent on board with the PS4 so this doesn't affect me but it sucks for the Xbox getting left out in the rain.

Then again, you guys got KI.

I got it from the Anime lady at the county fair nearly 10 years ago. I also got the Vampire Hunter D soundtrack from her as well as a Misfits belt. I almost bought a 2pac watch with fake diamonds and all, sometimes I wish I did. She never came back after that year.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I got it from the Anime lady at the county fair nearly 10 years ago. I also got the Vampire Hunter D soundtrack from her as well as a Misfits belt. I almost bought a 2pac watch with fake diamonds and all, sometimes I wish I did. She never came back after that year.

I went to an anime convention and didn't find as much as the poppiest J-rock, and you found the Guilty Gear Isuka soundtrack at a county fair. Life sucks.

I was looking for Galneryus, maybe some of that Japan-centric Eric Martin stuff, with a lot of luck that Siam Shade tribute album with Jani Lane singing One Third Emotion in English.

For the person who was looking for the soundtrack, if you don't mind MP3s, I think the soundtrack is included with Both X2#Reload and Isuka on Steam. I know GOG included the soundtracks. That's where I got the games before they got taken down from GOG. I still bought them on Steam, though, because I want Xrd on PC. With the final(?) edition of DOA5 coming to PC and yet another BlazBlue version coming to PC, the unlikeliest of PC fighting games, I'm voting with my dollar and picking up every Arc System Works game on PC no matter how old it is and supporting other fighters I want to play and hoping for the best.

BTW, you can also use the PS2 version of the game for the soundtrack. You can probably rip the songs with a ripping tool on your PC and get higher quality rips than the Steam/GOG MP3s would give you, too. I know I ripped the three Genki Hitomi songs from the PS2 version of Ferrari F355 Challenge a number of years ago, but I forget what tool I used. You can probably find information on it on Zophar's Domain.