Street Fighter V PC and PS4 Exclusive

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

This was just posted a few minutes ago. Looks like that "Hadoken Cabs" trailer was a hint. I find it odd that they won't release the game in Japanese arcades after half of the trailer shows people playing different Street Fighter games in the arcade. I'm not keen that they used the art from four but I'm interested in seeing what improvements still make. Four felt very rigid and stiff to me.

(Capcom's futzing around with the video for some reason. If they made Maximilian take the video down then five bucks says it was supposed to be an IGN or other website exclusive.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Video is not working :(

Anyways... Capcom and exclusive? :spock:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
LOL Microsoft gets Dead Rising 3 and Sony gets Street Fighter V.

That tells you what Capcom thinks about the console wars this gen.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
There are rumors going around that the vid was released too soon by mistake. It's nice to see a new SF so soon after the previous one, but I worry that there isn't enough of a stylistic difference between V and IV. Even though I didn't like III, I admit that II to III and III to IV were hugely different approaches to the game that justified the effort. For V, all I see so far is a sexier version of IV.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
It seems that Capcom has taken all the videos down already.

Even though I didn't like III,

Uh... Care to elaborate as to why that is?

Not trying to pick on you, just don't hear too many SF fans dislike III.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Did anyone happen to download this? Mind uploading to dropbox or something similar?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Honestly, you didn't miss anything at all. It was just a little inspirational video about how Street Fighter has permeated into pop culture society as a whole, from skate boards to tattoos to cell phone casings with SF iconography, mixed in with scenes of people playing the various SF games and then followed by a SF V logo and a notice that it's PS4 and PC exclusive. There was, as far as I can tell, no game content.

Wonder what ever happened to that Namco Tekken X SF crossover?

Oh yeah. SF X Tekken happened to it.

EDIT: I take it back. Apparently, there WERE some screenshots of SF V in the teaser.

LOL, I could barely tell the difference in the video. The video is available to watch at that link, too.

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Uh... Care to elaborate as to why that is?
Lot of reasons... character selection, engine, feel. I'm a big fan of characters with high mobility and I play characters like Vega in SF, Leona in KOF, and Bust Nakoruru in SS. I played a lot of the original SF III in the arcade, and it felt to me like every character was trapped in 1 place and had no choice but to learn the timing to parry every opposing character's moves or die. That's not entirely true, but remember also that though the internet was around back then, it hadn't really caught on yet. If there was as much info around back then as there is now, I might have had a different experience.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
are you talking about New generation? I agree third strike is better than NG and 2I.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Honestly, you didn't miss anything at all. It was just a little inspirational video about how Street Fighter has permeated into pop culture society as a whole, from skate boards to tattoos to cell phone casings with SF iconography, mixed in with scenes of people playing the various SF games and then followed by a SF V logo and a notice that it's PS4 and PC exclusive. There was, as far as I can tell, no game content.

Wonder what ever happened to that Namco Tekken X SF crossover?

Oh yeah. SF X Tekken happened to it.

EDIT: I take it back. Apparently, there WERE some screenshots of SF V in the teaser.

LOL, I could barely tell the difference in the video. The video is available to watch at that link, too.

Ah thanks, if it's just a logo then ya I don't really care.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The graphics don't look all that different to me. They have less of the painted look, otherwise there's nothing about them that says "I'm a brand new game!".

Time will tell though.

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Not a huge fan of the 12 iterations of SFIV. Felt like a SFII with some flashy 3D going on.

If they haven't done much to the series in SFV, it'll have zero impact on my decision to primarily stick with PS4 or X1.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've heard a rumor that this might be taking a similar F2P approach like Killer Instinct. Take that with a huge grain of salt, but my source has been right about a few other Capcom things in the past.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I really hope not, but knowing Capcom and their shitty DLC and re-release practices, I wouldn't be one bit surprised.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'm looking forward to it. I enjoy street fighter 4 a lot, and it did wonders for the fighting community. I'm not so happy that it looks so similar to street fighter 4. I just want something that is new. It would be great if they went back to a 2D art style but i don't see that happening

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Reason to buy a PS4 now. Were those actual video of sfv or sf4.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
I wish they would bring back the parry system from 3S. Then maybe I would considering springing for this.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I've heard a rumor that this might be taking a similar F2P approach like Killer Instinct. Take that with a huge grain of salt, but my source has been right about a few other Capcom things in the past.

That rumor was shot down a while ago.

Much like the test footage for SF4, not a particularly inspiring first showing but this is probably 18-24 months away so I'm not going to complain. All that really matters is how it plays.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Looks just like SFIV only with slightly better textures and super-nice backgrounds.