Targa for SNES

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Wow. Well hopefully the ROM gets released. I am a big fan of Turrican/Gunlord, and would love to be able to play this. I would have bought it if I had known about it.

It was a NA "special," if you know what I mean.

There was one numbered lot that sold for $80, which is great for a full reproduction, cart, manual, box. But as soon as they started receiving them, ebay had them for $300+.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
It was a NA "special," if you know what I mean.

There was one numbered lot that sold for $80, which is great for a full reproduction, cart, manual, box. But as soon as they started receiving them, ebay had them for $300+.

Isn't that how it always works? Whenever these limited releases happen, I wonder how many of the original buyers were just flippers.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Isn't that how it always works? Whenever these limited releases happen, I wonder how many of the original buyers were just flippers.

If they forgot to limit one per customer, two or three people together probably bought the whole stock all at once.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looking forward to playing the ROM.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Are there significant differences between this and just playing the Japanese Rendering Ranger game?

I believe the only real change is the sprite of the character. I asked about this when they released the game and was told (although he hadn't played all the way through R2) that this was the main difference and core gameplay and levels were the same to his knowledge. I passed on the release due to this since I have the SFC version. The reason this sold out so fast is some popular blog in Europe got a hold of the story and posted it, I'm betting over half to buyers were from that reason. I think it completely sold out in three or four days.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Amazing what was done at the tail end of the snes life. Graphics remind me of killer instinct and DK

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Looking forward to playing the ROM.

From the Nintendo Age thread:
MrMark0673 said:
Friday, February 13, 2015 - 08:27:27 AM
Two international packages were straight up lost in transit after arriving in the buyer's country, so I sent replacements after losing hope. One arrived for sure, the other may have. After that last package shows up (should be any day), I'll release the ROM. Just want to be fair to the folks that paid first, sorry for the delay!

So, it looks like there will be a release soon :D

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I dunno man. It just seems this is panning out like the release of the ShadowHawk game from RCG. They say that they'll release the ROM after selling out. Ain't seen nothin. :( and these are two games I actually wanna play.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Alternatively, just wait for resellers to flip 'em on ebay and someone who buys one of that dumps the ROM.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
If these gentlemen say they'll release it, then you can believe them. I can totally understand not wanting to publicly release the ROM prior to all cart purchasers receiving their goods.

Last edited:

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I dunno man. It just seems this is panning out like the release of the ShadowHawk game from RCG. They say that they'll release the ROM after selling out. Ain't seen nothin. :( and these are two games I actually wanna play.

If these gentlemen say they'll release it, then you can believe them. I can totally understand not wanting to publicly release the ROM prior to all cart purchasers receiving their goods.

Yeah, these guys have bought and released several protos. I think they normally do a physical run of the game that they sell to cover the costs of the proto itself, then dump and release the ROM for community. They releases a racing game for the Genesis this way I think.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Can't say enough good things about this game, the work done with this release and the folks behind it all. I'm glad it sold very well for them too, they deserve it 'cause they do good work.

This is a very solid contribution to the hobby, specially for those of us who love Manfred Trenz and his great games.

MASS crew 4LF!