Targa for SNES

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Just wanted to say a few words on this game. This is the unreleased US version of Rendering Ranger R2 for the SNES. The proto was recently bought buy BeaglePuss and his brother Mr Mark. They just recently finished up their release of the game. I had an opportunity to put about 4 hours into it and its an amazing game. Great gameplay and the chance to play the game as it was intended is awesome. I don't know if they are making more tbh, but I'm pretty sure they are gonna be releasing the ROM soon. If you're a turrican fan, do yourself a favor and give this version a whirl.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Never even heard of this. Sounds cool, though. I need to get a Super Everdrive...

Who developed it?

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
I knew you guys would enjoy it. The game is fucking sick!

We've sold out of the release, so once the carts have all shipped we'll release the rom. I'll cross post here so members of NG get the heads up too.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
The limited 150 hard copies are sold out, so I guess the ROM will be free as soon as all of the copies arrive to their destinations.

Edit: wow BeaglePuss we were writing at the same time :)

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Yeah it sold out super fast, within a couple days. RR2 is an awesome game, really shows off what the SNES can do. Shame it never got a US (or even a bigger print) release back in the day.

Didnt know about this. Awesome news!
RR is one of the most impressive looking SNES games. Mr Manfred Trenz is a wizard when it comes to coding.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Great game. If you liked Turrican or Gun Lord, you'll like Rendering Ranger.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Will be very interesting to get the rom, my sd2snes will be all over it!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Mine arrived yesterday but i'm having my wife wrap it as a present - so I won't be playing it til' end of the month.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I missed the repro sale so I'll have to settle for playing the ROM on SD2SNES.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Almost all copies have shipped at this point, so we'll be getting the rom out to everyone shortly. You'll be playing Targa on your flash carts before Christmas for sure.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Awesome, well done Beagle bringing this gem out.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I haven't heard of this before. I would have preferred the physical release but I'll definitely check out the rom.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Are there significant differences between this and just playing the Japanese Rendering Ranger game?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Are there significant differences between this and just playing the Japanese Rendering Ranger game?

The article I quoted talks about a few of them in very brief detail:

"SNESCentral: What differences are there between Targa and Rendering Ranger?

Manfred Trenz: The entire graphics as well as some design changes."

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
That's awesome that you guys bought it. I had no idea it ever sold since the guy on AG was asking a ton of $ for it originally.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Wow. Well hopefully the ROM gets released. I am a big fan of Turrican/Gunlord, and would love to be able to play this. I would have bought it if I had known about it.