12-4-14: The slaughter begins anew. Voice your butthurt here.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
awesome. There is no GIF good enough for this. Can't wait to read those PMs... and all the butthurt.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
We can try though!
9tvTuXm.gif

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
2 Day tally:

54 privileges revoked
6 Summary executions
3 decisions reversed
5 restrictions removed

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I want to apologize to all my friends and other good members who saw the deals and sent pm's. However, this exercise cemented a few things the mods have been telling us and many more of us suspected.

1. Fears of this market "dying" if non-contributing members, 10 year / 10 post members, and noobs were restricted from the marketplace are wholly inaccurate.
2. It isn't enough to post "These good prices are for good contributing members" in sales threads rules or headers. It does nothing. (we shouldn't have to post "no flippers", "no 0 post members", etc in our sales threads...that is a sign of a problem).
3. There were as now 120+ pm's (a few of those are doubles of me talking to legit members and apologizing). Unique member pm's are just shy of 100. They are split almost down the middle from good members, active on the site, active in the marketplace, friendly and legit. The other half are from members I have never seen on this site. It is truly shocking how many member accounts are lying dormant just scouring the marketplace. They never post "Sending PM", they just send the PM - they don't want to be seen. Now they have been...well, at least one more batch.
4. The marketplace is better without them and here is the proof: of all the pm's I received - it didn't take knowing the legit members to recognize they were legit; the way they pm'd emphasized it.

Almost every PM from legit members went like this: "Hey Mike, i'm probably 8th in line, but if that viewpoint is still around consider it sold. Hit me up w/paypal if it falls through. Thanks man."

Almost every PM from the leeches went like this: "Hi, please send me hi-res pics of the spine, label and case on *insert game*. I see US shipping is free, that means international will receive discount, yes? Cheers."

A $59 "nasty label windjammers" and these guys still want multiple pics. Regardless it says "no holds", "good contributing members only", "pics will take time". Doesn't matter. It is a cesspool of selfish individuals who spoil the marketplace. Those of us who love this hobby and when we tire of something want to pass it on at a fair price to our comrades shouldn't have to either inflate the price to avoid seeing it on ebay 2 weeks later. As witnessed by 50+ legit member PM's, this market is doing just fine without them.

Last edited:

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
Fell for it and sent a couple of PMs for a few games that I was looking for since a while.

A part of me feels a bit bitter/stupid, but on the other hand, I can understand why this was done.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I want to apologize to all my friends and other good members who saw the deals and sent pm's. However, this exercise cemented a few things the mods have been telling us and many more of us suspected.

1. Fears of this market "dying" if non-contributing members, 10 year / 10 post members, and noobs were restricted from the marketplace are wholly inaccurate.
2. It isn't enough to post "These good prices are for good contributing members" in sales threads rules or headers. It does nothing. (we shouldn't have to post "no flippers", "no 0 post members", etc in our sales threads...that is a sign of a problem).
3. There were as now 120+ pm's (a few of those are doubles of me talking to legit members and apologizing). Unique member pm's are just shy of 100. They are split almost down the middle from good members, active on the site, active in the marketplace, friendly and legit. The other half are from members I have never seen on this site. It is truly shocking how many member accounts are lying dormant just scouring the marketplace. They never post "Sending PM", they just send the PM - they don't want to be seen. Now they have been...well, at least one more batch.
4. The marketplace is better without them and here is the proof: of all the pm's I received - it didn't take knowing the legit members to recognize they were legit; the way they pm'd emphasized it.

Almost every PM from legit members went like this: "Hey Mike, i'm probably 8th in line, but if that viewpoint is still around consider it sold. Hit me up w/paypal if it falls through. Thanks man."

Almost every PM from the leeches went like this: "Hi, please send me hi-res pics of the spine, label and case on *insert game*. I see US shipping is free, that means international will receive discount, yes? Cheers."

A $59 "nasty label windjammers" and these guys still want multiple pics. Regardless it says "no holds", "good contributing members only", "pics will take time". Doesn't matter. It is a cesspool of selfish individuals who spoil the marketplace. Those of us who love this hobby and when we tire of something want to pass it on at a fair price to our comrades shouldn't have to either inflate the price to avoid seeing it on ebay 2 weeks later. As witnessed by 50+ legit member PM's, this market is doing just fine without them.

That's fucking nuts. I knew there were marketplace vultures, but holy shit.

This sting-op of yours sure makes you look like excellent marketplace mod material....

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Mike used bait thread and it had maximum effectiveness...

you are probably going to get some noob to bump it years from now wondering if these unsold games are still available.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Mike used bait thread and it had maximum effectiveness...

you are probably going to get some noob to bump it years from now wondering if these unsold games are still available.

Not unless this thread is made into 'Best of...' status. Then it'll be there for everyone to see in all its glory ;)

Tacitus

Staff member

I hope you folks realize how serious this problem is and why it is being handled like this.

Every other measure to correct the markets and enforce some sort of order has failed. This has been, by far, the single most effective action to fix the market issues. Look at the last few months, it's clear.

I'll add this:

Many, many, many folks complain about the ridiculous inflation on carts and you have these folks to blame. When you have folks walking in here, buying quietly or posting "I'll pay top dollar for MS3", that seriously skews the market prices for carts. Someone else sees that and charges the same amount. Other times, that person will dump their shit here or on ebay and charge MORE THAN THEY PAID FOR IT, driving the price even higher because they want to make their money back and then some.

There's an easy way to fix all of this and we're doing it.

I'm glad one of the "regular members' got a nice glimpse of what it's like dealing with this and had an inside view of the absolutely deplorable behavior of the lurkers and leeches to this site.

I've killed about 10 "return" accounts in the last two days. These people just don't stop.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Princess Diana Beanie, signed by Mohamad Fayad (Dodi Fayad's half-brother) - OFFER
THIS WASN'T ACTUALLY FOR SALE WTF I WANTED TO BUY THIS FOR MY MOM FOR XMAS YOU MONSTER

Tacitus

Staff member
THIS WASN'T ACTUALLY FOR SALE WTF I WANTED TO BUY THIS FOR MY MOM FOR XMAS YOU MONSTER

You can get the Princess Diana beanie baby* for $10.

*Princess Diana beanie baby head not included.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
From that inbox screenshot it looked like you were getting a new PM every 10 minutes.... that's insane! With people stalking your eBay account too, what's next, letters FedEx'd to your home begging for board pics in the return envelope??

Tacitus

Staff member
From that inbox screenshot it looked like you were getting a new PM every 10 minutes.... that's insane! With people stalking your eBay account too, what's next, letters FedEx'd to your home begging for board pics in the return envelope??

lololol

Nothing surprises me anymore.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Gotta do this more often, just to keep 'em on their toes. XD

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member

Oh man, I was stung too. But you know what, this is an awesome idea. I've been posting here since I was 17, trading/buying since I was 18 and honestly I've been burned or fucked with so many times. There's a good reason why my entire MVS collection comes from the forums, and really a huge chunk of my collection in general. When my girlfriend's older brother passed, I posted most of his collection up here to help pay for funeral costs and honestly, I don't think I would have felt as comfortable selling the stuff anywhere else.

When I didn't get responses from you about Breakers/BAMA/SSVS, I legit thought you weren't responding because I pissed you off or something. I actually stressed out about it this weekend. Like, "why and how did I piss anyone at the forums off?"

All in all, this is a good idea. Luckily, I've had good dealings with everyone lately except Master Tasuke. That did has pissed me off on the reg.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
the outcome of this is insane. Thank you mjmjr for doing this and taking all that trouble on you. And of course: glory to VT.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Can we get nice piecharts or barcharts on the amount of executed guys? :keke: