mjmjr25's Gameroom - updated 12.2.14

I mainly focus on collecting japanese saturn games and gamecube games so it was nice to see a collection that sort of resembles mine (besides the fact your space is well organized and you have A LOT more Neo Geo stuff). All in all that is one mighty fine collection you got there!

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Your built ins are absolutely amazing. I love seeing something so purpose built for the collection.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm still enamored with the custom widescreen cabinet. Can you just slide the panel out and flip it around to tate it?

Cool basement I wish we had them in the south.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I wanted them very badly but the timing just didn't work out - needed them before Christmas as I had a lot of family coming up including some nephews who are incredibly excited to play fighting games on candies.

All the water and scripture...and snow you can handle await you. You know this - anytime buddy.

That atomis are new - replacing my last cabs that were hellbent on murdering chassis after chassis. Went through 3 chassis on the last Astro and was tired of good money to bad on that one.

They Psychic Killer is just in one of those clear CD baggies a lot of the JP shops use. I got this one from synbiosfan. Anytime I get those baggies I try to keep them, though I typically rip them when opening to play and then just toss 'em.

So...the monitor out of that cab that almost killed you...if you recall I put it inside the back hatch on that minivan I was driving...

I got back to my place and opened the hatch and I don't know what happend, but that monitor literally jumped out of the back of that van...it happened so fast I still had my left hand on up on the hatch but managed to grab that metal frame support on the monitor with my pinky and ring finger on my right hand...the weight literally pulled and split my two fingers apart.

There was about a 9" wide puddle of blood in the driveway and a 20ft trail all the way up to my back door. Yeah your Astro cab was/is *totally* cursed.

Last edited:

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Wow - great stuff Mike. Love the variety, and the organization for sure.

Orri~

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
So...the monitor out of that cab that almost killed you...if you recall I put it inside the back hatch on that minivan I was driving...

I got back to my place and opened the hatch and I don't know what happend, but that monitor literally jumped out of the back of that van...it happened so fast I still had my left hand on up on the hatch but managed to grab that metal frame support on the monitor with my pinky and ring finger on my right hand...the weight literally pulled and split my two fingers apart.

There was about a 9" wide puddle of blood in the driveway and a 20ft trail all the way up to my back door. Yeah your Astro cab was/is *totally* cursed.
blaghh!!!! god that sucks!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
sounds like a scene out of a horror movie... (that I would watch btw.)

Hope you're doing better.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Wow, Tom. Wow. It had been unplugged / discharged for what...3-4 months by that point. I'm glad to know i'm not the only one who escaped death from that beast.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object

Holy shit hope you're alright. Sounds like a hell of a cab

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Wow, Tom. Wow. It had been unplugged / discharged for what...3-4 months by that point. I'm glad to know i'm not the only one who escaped death from that beast.

I know! That cab's a widow maker! A couple stitches, a few weeks and one little scar later and I'm fine haha!

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Very nice collection. I could only hope and dream to have mine so organized one day. I really need to do a thread of my own, but I don't even know where to begin to start cleaning.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I normally don't dig the natural wood aesthetic, but that is very nice. It sort of reminds me of a cozy wood cabin, and looks very calming. Nice work!

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
all those MVS on their boxes <3
Man I am so jealous right now :keke:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Plus those nutcrackers came out of nowhere. Awesome touch.

I expected the impressive, well-organized collection and have long admired the woodworking, but the nutcrackers took me by surprise, too. Are you the nutcracker fan/collector, Mike?

I dig the wooden globes, German beer stein, and Criterion Collection DVDs. Those extra classy touches really pull the room together.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hell of a collection bro. Love how everything is organized.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I expected the impressive, well-organized collection and have long admired the woodworking, but the nutcrackers took me by surprise, too. Are you the nutcracker fan/collector, Mike?

I dig the wooden globes, German beer stein, and Criterion Collection DVDs. Those extra classy touches really pull the room together.

Thank you. I collect too many things, but yes, German Nutcrackers (Steinbach, Ulbricht) and German Smokers (Ulbricht, Glaesser), a few globes, steins, and Criterion too. I have 29 Steinbachs right now - there are a few others i'd like to get, but it hasn't been a focus lately.

We used to live in a larger 1920's craftsman w/a ton of natural wookdwork. It was painted when we moved in - we restored everything, crown moulding, doors, hardwood floors...then we made the decision we'd rather have less house but more property. So we moved into this 1980's split level. It's been a process to add rooms and built-ins. Truthfully, my "stuff" is a bit too much - less room but more stuff and it's a bit crowded for my tastes, but...I can't seem to get rid of anything either.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I'm still enamored with the custom widescreen cabinet. Can you just slide the panel out and flip it around to tate it?

Just saw this, sorry. Yes, while the monitor is obviously much wider than it is tall, the "bezel" is 34" square, so it is fully rotatable:

Spoiler:

IMG_0095-3.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0140-1.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Here are the sticks:

IMG_0119-2.jpg

TATE

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg