Boot MV-1C

After about a year of owning it, just found out that the MV-1C i installed inside my Omega MVS (awesome system!) is a boot.
Is there any diference in the performance of a boot and a original MV-1C when it comes to audio and video quality?
Should i hunt down an original, or just leave it as it is?
So far i havent had any trouble with the boot, but since i havent tried with a original, maybe its just because i dont know better?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
After about a year of owning it, just found out that the MV-1C i installed inside my Omega MVS (awesome system!) is a boot.
Is there any diference in the performance of a boot and a original MV-1C when it comes to audio and video quality?
Should i hunt down an original, or just leave it as it is?
So far i havent had any trouble with the boot, but since i havent tried with a original, maybe its just because i dont know better?

Do you have a picture of the board? I can tell you with 100% certainty that none of the MV-1Cs that come pre-installed in any Omega that I ship out is a boot. In fact, the boot boards don't even fit inside the shell due to a plastic post on the bottom half of the case.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Do you have a picture of the board? I can tell you with 100% certainty that none of the MV-1Cs that come pre-installed in any Omega that I ship out is a boot. In fact, the boot boards don't even fit inside the shell due to a plastic post on the bottom half of the case.

We are all sure of that shadowkn55, what I understand in the OP is that he bought the Omega kit, installed his own mv1c but he had bad luck and his board is a boot. A pic would be nice though.

Regards

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Hi shadowkn55. The Omega kit i bought from you is the one that i have to install my own MV-1C myself. Its not the one that comes pre-installed. Sorry if i wasnt clear enough. Your product is top class. So, a boot board wouldn even fit in the Omega?. I will take a pic and post it later.
Thanks guys.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
At least one variant of the boot MV-1C has ram chips sitting right where the support post is located in right in the middle of the bottom half of the case. There is also an official variant of the MV-1C. It has a darker green pcb and it says "New Channel" on them. Those are completely legit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
At least one variant of the boot MV-1C has ram chips sitting right where the support post is located in right in the middle of the bottom half of the case. There is also an official variant of the MV-1C. It has a darker green pcb and it says "New Channel" on them. Those are completely legit.

For the MV1C there are 3 variants. The regular green, new channel and then the new channel with a 2 tab battery. I just recently stumbled upon the 2 tab version, never seen it before that or even heard of it.

Damn, turns out the boot board ack just posted is the one i tought was the original... just checked some more pics and mine is actually an orignal model!. Seems to be the one called "regular green".
OK, thanks guys i appreciate. You just saved me from wasting my money on another MV-1C.