Blinking Light Win: Fixing your toaster NES for good

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
so, if I want two, do I just add another $20 to the backing and let you know afterwards? Do I need to add more money for shipping?

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Backed. I've got a front loader right now that doesn't like anything I do to it, so this should be just the thing to put it in its place :)

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Awesome Quan! I'm jumping in on payday.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Posted a thread on KLOV about this as well. There is also one on the EverDrive forums (not very high traffic, though), so word is definitely making the rounds.

Member 2600 on KLOV (maker of the NES to PC-10 adapter) had a few of questions that I figured I'd pass along while he's waiting for approval of his account here.

1. Are the top and bottom connectors the same?
2. Will the connectors be sold by themselves?
3. Is the connector being made to support not only the correct pitch but thickness of the NES Cart PCB as well?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
1. Are the top and bottom connectors the same?
2. Will the connectors be sold by themselves?
3. Is the connector being made to support not only the correct pitch but thickness of the NES Cart PCB as well?

1. No
2. No
3. Yes

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
so, if I want two, do I just add another $20 to the backing and let you know afterwards? Do I need to add more money for shipping?
I would also be interested in a two pack, if offered. One for me and one for a friend. The ten pack is a bit much for my needs.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I would also be interested in a two pack, if offered. One for me and one for a friend. The ten pack is a bit much for my needs.

I'm planning on putting in another tier for a pair after I get the international shipping part fixed.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Will ba backing this later this week, Will also share on my FB and FB game groups im on

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
The sick part is that he's like that in real life. He's a walking joke.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Does anyone where he lives? I want to send him a tin foil hat.

He's a shitty actor down in Orlando, Florida.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/rudyferretti03
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RudyJFerretti
IMDB: (read his quote) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5858979/

http://www.gonintendo.com/boards/viewtopic.php?style=12&p=920830#_thread

Honestly, while I suppose this is "news", don't give this guy any credit or free press on GN, RMC. By all accounts, within the gaming community this guy has quickly grown a reputation of being a douchebag, cussing out people who disagree with his opinions and calling them "fake gamers", even challenging anyone to a public boxing match to prove that disagrees with him. I happen to know someone personally (a semi-prominent member of the retro gaming community) who publicly accepted his challenge to a fight, and this Rudy character, not-surprisingly, is avoiding him online like the plague now and backed down. Rudy ALSO has a gofundme.com fund up right now, asking for no less than $18,000 to help him cover his costs and debts, in CONJUNCTION with this stupid Jaws thing he's supposedly going to attempt, claiming he was "unfairly fired" from his job and needs help covering his personal costs and paying his student loans. For fuck's sake, I have student loan debt haunting me too, but I'm not begging people to pay it for me. Point being, the guy is a phony, a poser, and apparently more than a bit of jerk. Meaning this really isn't worth watching, and he is most certainly not worth supporting. Good day

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Nice, Quan. We need to get folks like IGN involved in this. Even a small write up and this will get a big boost. Congrats, man. Love this branching out to other consoles as well. :)

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Backed. Great idea and this is the first kickstarter I've participated in as well. It will feel nice to put this in the NES I grew up with and play it forever....and ever.....and ever...

I've told all my nerd friends.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Quan, I think this Rudy Ferrettii guy is about to start up your fan club!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/classicgamer/10152533441932939/?notif_t=group_comment_reply

(Seriously though, read everything he says, its hilarious)

Damn! That was great!

Where is the LC's in Portland? Quan and I spotted some guy with an HnR box at PRGE, but we never saw the LC's it came from.

There's only 3 that I know of, all several miles away from the Convention center. Next time you guys are in town, lemme know. I'll hook you up with some HnR, yo.