Blinking Light Win: Fixing your toaster NES for good

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
After seeing the design construction of this, I was sold :D

But after seeing the $40 shipping price to Canada I was made anxious...I guess that's accurate isn't it? Is the product not box-friendly to ship that the extra cost is necessary?

after seeing it was arcadeworks/quan involved i was sold... but $40 shipping to Aus hurts...

that NESRGB option though... many temptations...

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
after seeing it was arcadeworks/quan involved i was sold... but $40 shipping to Aus hurts...

that NESRGB option though... many temptations...

I'm fixing that soon...I hope. I'll make first class the default shipping for international and let people upgrade if they choose to.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I totally want this! I however also want a RGB-able NES that I don't have to desolder the PPU of myself...

Could you make a all-in-one must have feature solution inside a custom shell/case (similar to the work you've done with the amazing VMC version of the Omega)?

*Edit* Hot damn I just noticed the 400$ donation mark that includes the RGB install! Hope I can get the money together before that limited backing has reached capacity (4 out of 5 remaining).

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I totally want this! I however also want a RGB-able NES that I don't have to desolder the PPU of myself...

Could you make a all-in-one must have feature solution inside a custom shell/case (similar to the work you've done with the amazing VMC version of the Omega)?

I do have the premodded system with RGB as one of the pledge tiers. As for a custom case, I believe my competition has something to offer. I came up with this product so it didn't have to come down to that and those systems wouldn't have to suffer a horrible fate.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Hopefully your supplier can get a perfect 2.5mm pitch. I know on my NES Playchoice adapter it's 2.54mm. Took me a few tries to get it positioned just right, and then to make sure it didn't easily shake when playing in the cab. I don't actually need one of these, but I'll chip in a few bucks anyhow.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Hopefully your supplier can get a perfect 2.5mm pitch. I know on my NES Playchoice adapter it's 2.54mm. Took me a few tries to get it positioned just right, and then to make sure it didn't easily shake when playing in the cab. I don't actually need one of these, but I'll chip in a few bucks anyhow.

The connectors are being custom fabricated just for this project and will have the correct pitch so alignment issues won't be a problem.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Backed.

I also spread the word on the Facebook and Twitter feeds to my podcast, for what it's worth.
This is definitely something I can get behind.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Backed.

I also spread the word on the Facebook and Twitter feeds to my podcast, for what it's worth.
This is definitely something I can get behind.

Which dude are you on RGS? I listen to you guys sometimes. Pretty good show.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Posted a thread on AtariAge about this. I'm sure some of the guys there will be interested.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Will this work with Nesticle?

:keke:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
not even 1 day in and this is about 1/3rd funded.

Nice!

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
As you know already, I backed ya earlier today. If you run out of t-shirts, I'm ok with some greasy HnR.

Good work brutha. ;)

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Thanks for your support everyone. Especially to the guy that really wants to have an hnr party.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I had the $$ and the means to get there, I'd be right there with them for the HnR partaaaay :D

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'd rather you meet me at a key party.

As long as I get to keep my Pizza! Pizza! key-chain attached.

As you know already, I backed ya earlier today. If you run out of t-shirts, I'm ok with some greasy HnR.

Good work brutha. ;)

Outstanding. HnR is never in short supply in my area. I have at least 6 locations to choose from.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I had the $$ and the means to get there, I'd be right there with them for the HnR partaaaay :D

We'll find a way. How about Super Bit-Con in OKC or Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee next year?

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Backed ya, homes. If this goes through, I'm gonna throw a mini HnR party in your honor...or the next time you're up in PDX.