Blinking Light Win: Fixing your toaster NES for good

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
This sounds awesome, but is there a game genie device emulated? If so, having the games already emulated for free and accessible to all may tell you how large of a code creating fan-base there is. I like the idea a lot, but what would make your device different that it would engage the community in something they could already do more easily?

It is. Game genie integration has been a long supported feature since the early days of emulation. There's something special about cheating on real hardware that can't be replicated in emulation. Maybe I'm just imagining things...

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Just wanted to say I got my two pack and everything works great! I also like the idea of the built in game genie in the converter. I am guessing or hoping there would be a switch to disable it if people wanted to use it as a plain converter.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Just wanted to say I got my two pack and everything works great! I also like the idea of the built in game genie in the converter. I am guessing or hoping there would be a switch to disable it if people wanted to use it as a plain converter.

you could just not put in any codes. boom.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
FUCK, might be waiting a while

Oh well, might as well start stock piling on some old favs

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
So are we talking weeks or months? I just bought mine a week ago and I have no problem waiting for a little while since I'm sure these aren't easy to put together but some kind of timeframe would be nice to have if possible.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
So are we talking weeks or months? I just bought mine a week ago and I have no problem waiting for a little while since I'm sure these aren't easy to put together but some kind of timeframe would be nice to have if possible.

Looking more like weeks. I was notified that the first batch of will be available for pick up on Wednesday with new pickups available every Friday and Wednesday until the entire order is complete. Luckily the assembly house is local so I can pick up partial shipments as opposed to waiting for the entire order to be finished before I can get starting on shipping them out. Even so, the first few pickups will go to the KS folks to finish them off and then there are quite a few website orders that have accumulated since.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Looking more like weeks. I was notified that the first batch of will be available for pick up on Wednesday with new pickups available every Friday and Wednesday until the entire order is complete. Luckily the assembly house is local so I can pick up partial shipments as opposed to waiting for the entire order to be finished before I can get starting on shipping them out. Even so, the first few pickups will go to the KS folks to finish them off and then there are quite a few website orders that have accumulated since.

Sounds good, man. Thank you for the status update:)

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Yea thank for the update, I put in an order on the website last week.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

Well, I went ahead and ordered mine. I will patiently wait. Hopefully it'll get here before Thanksgiving!

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
The famicom genie adapter sounds cool, but I'd almost prefer it if you could make a new game genie that let's you enter more than three codes. Or release both.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Got mine on saturday, well worth the wait. Thank you Quan!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Did you pay with a credit card? Those don't get charged until orders are ready to go.

yes I did, but I think it might be a good idea to send an email to confirm the transaction. I'd hate to find out my order didn't go through when the new batch comes out.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Got my goodies today. Shirt and keychain are nicely done as well. Thanks!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
So it's the end of September. Just wondering if I can expect my order to ship any time soon. Can we get a status update?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
So it's the end of September. Just wondering if I can expect my order to ship any time soon. Can we get a status update?

Just a handful of systems left to ship out and then I can get started on the site orders right away.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Good deal, brother. Thanks for the continual updates. Helps me maintain a high level of confidence:)

My birthday is in October. Would be cool to plug in my NES and play some Ninja Gaiden with the original controller as it's meant to be played.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
yeah, so still no confirmation if my order ever went through.

if and when it does, you'll see that shit on ebay.