Blinking Light Win: Fixing your toaster NES for good

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Nice update! It's great to see so much progress has already been made on the BLW.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks like this is shaping up even better than expectations! Great work Quan.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
geez how did I miss this ?? I'm so getting one when it's available ! awesome idea Quan

bstoppel

n00b
20 Year Member
Has anyone received theirs yet? I haven't seen any updates on the Kickstarter recently.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm pretty sure. Last time I asked Quan he said end of April / beginning of May

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Quan, I'll be sending you a PM but I wanted to post this here as well:

What's the status on this? it's been over a month (or nearly a month) since the last update, with no timeline on shipment.

the people on the KS page are foaming at the mouth.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Quan, I'll be sending you a PM but I wanted to post this here as well:

What's the status on this? it's been over a month (or nearly a month) since the last update, with no timeline on shipment.

update is up! looks like he is shipping!

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I don't know why, but I have near infinite patience with kickstarters. I have some that I've been waiting years for. A few months extra on the BLW is nothing to me. Regular updates tend to soothe the savage beasts of the backer world, though. So if Quan does another KS he should take that into account.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I don't know why, but I have near infinite patience with kickstarters. I have some that I've been waiting years for. A few months extra on the BLW is nothing to me. Regular updates tend to soothe the savage beasts of the backer world, though. So if Quan does another KS he should take that into account.

I'm not a backer but I read the posts over there. Bunch of whiners. I've been waiting since November 2013 for Pier Solar on Dreamcast, and the guide. At this point I have given up all hope.

They remind me of the angry whiners yelling at indie game devs to hurry up and finish a game. They expect faster production than a team developing halo.

They do have a point though. It doesn't take much time to log in and update. But again, people would still be pissed there is no progress or a set back

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
But again, people would still be pissed there is no progress or a set back

there is always a reason to complain. this is just how people act.

the one thing i learned is that you cant bat 1.000 no matter how hard you try.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
That dude had to check like thousands of connectors. That must have been crazy work.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Well this kickstarter thing was pointless in the first place... if you put any new pins and don't push the cart down it would work 100% for ages ...the problem was finding a solution that will work fine when you push the cart down .

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Well this kickstarter thing was pointless in the first place... if you put any new pins and don't push the cart down it would work 100% for ages ...the problem was finding a solution that will work fine when you push the cart down .

I don't think you understand what this thing does.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
i for one am very excited to finally get this in my hands and resurrect my "moody" NES.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I didn't back the ks since my NES with replacement connector has been working fine for years. Until the last time I tried it and it didn't.

Quan, please BLW me.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
eJbRp4d.png

USPS WIN

KS has a comments section? Oh god, why would anyone look at that?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
KS has a comments section? Oh god, why would anyone look at that?

Why wouldn't people read angry comments from people emotionally and financially invested in a product they've been waiting months for? That's a real War Room.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The problem with KS is that most backers think it's a damn store and products are ready to ship. They fail to notice the "estimated" in front of the delivery date. They never think about production delays, shipping delays, fabbing delays and the fact that KS doesn't kick over the funds as soon as the campaign is over. It takes weeks before the people get the funds to move forward.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
The problem with KS is that most backers think it's a damn store and products are ready to ship. They fail to notice the "estimated" in front of the delivery date. They never think about production delays, shipping delays, fabbing delays and the fact that KS doesn't kick over the funds as soon as the campaign is over. It takes weeks before the people get the funds to move forward.

What he said.

PS - got the shipping notification email last night. Now to decide which NES that I own is worthy...