When Neo-Geo exists no more......

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
So I have read some threads recently regarding the fact that these games will eventually stop working just because of the way they were built. Now here's the question. Will any of these games be worth anything then they do not work anymore? Does anybody wonder that after the thousands if not hundreds of thousands spent on these games and some putting them in a collection, that one day they won't work and could be worthless?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
If you play them and chances are the games outlast you, does it matter?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Nobody ever plays their $1000+ Neo Geo games, for fear of degrading their value. I highly doubt any collectors would even notice if their Metal Slug X AES stopped working.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Nobody ever plays their $1000+ Neo Geo games, for fear of degrading their value. I highly doubt any collectors would even notice if their Metal Slug X AES stopped working.

Shit...now that I think of it...I own AES games that I'm not even sure if they still work. Seriously....I should play them bitches.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
There's enough people, talent, and knowledge to keep these boards alive for a long long loooong time.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Shit...now that I think of it...I own AES games that I'm not even sure if they still work. Seriously....I should play them bitches.

Should I mention you're more likely to damage your AES games by playing them? :keke:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

LOL, I'm sure you're not alone. In fact, every one of us is probably guilty of this to some degree. I often receive carts from people that have clearly not been touched in years.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Lol. Sad but true.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

Exactly; OP obviously not a big tymer.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
when we get to old to play these games I doubt there will be many people still after them...

also the games will never die, because you know, roms.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
We don't want to face getting old.We are collecting to escape back to our jack the lad arcade days when we had to answer to no cunt..And we fucking love it..

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I kinda thought about this a bit, despite the fact that I play my aes almost everyday, I do have a few games that I haven't touched in months. until they do die, ima enjoy the hell out of them.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
So I have read some threads recently regarding the fact that these games will eventually stop working just because of the way they were built. Now here's the question. Will any of these games be worth anything then they do not work anymore? Does anybody wonder that after the thousands if not hundreds of thousands spent on these games and some putting them in a collection, that one day they won't work and could be worthless?
maybe carts are like cars, they keep working for longer if you use them once in a while, than if you never use them at all.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
My aes Joy Joy Kid works fine, and it's 24 years old.

Hopefully the carts will last as long as we will.