Black Friday / Cyber Monday / You're a horrible person shopping on Thanksgiving thread

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition PS4 15.99 (Best Buy with Gamers Club Unlocked)
Infamous Second Son PS4 15.99 (Best Buy with Gamers Club Unlocked)
LEGO Marvel Superheroes PS4 11.99 (Best Buy with Gamers Club Unlocked)
Sunset Overdrive XBO 30.39 (Best Buy with Gamers Club Unlocked)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call: Limited Edition 3DS 15.99 (Best Buy with Gamers Club Unlocked)
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! 360 23.99 (Best Buy with Gamers Club Unlocked)
Ragnarock Odyssey Ace PSV 19.99 (Amazon)

and I used a 10 dollar reward certificate on top of it.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Xbox Live has a few old things on the cheap. Also Ultra SFIV add on for $10

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I've got my eye on the Mario Kart 8 for $35 at Wal*Mart but I probably won't get back around that time.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Maybe its that whole in between gens thing, but the gaming deals, beyond the ones to enter WiiU or Xbone ownership, are really disappointing this year. Was expecting maybe even some great PS3 or X360 clearence but haven't seen that either.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Grabbed a PS4 for $329 on eBay last night and snagged an extra controller, Mordor and Alien for super cheap on Best Buy this morning.

Unless retrogate's everdrive sale is really good, that'll probably be it for me this year.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I hear Walmart's doing "1 hour" sales today, tomorrow & saturday(perhaps longer?)... I don't know the exact details as I overheard this the other day... waiting in line for 30min at Walmart to buy some cat food. :|

EDITO: Ok though... anyone know if any 8GB DDR3 sticks are going to be on sale? Or more importantly, a GTX 970 or 980 on sale? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm staying away from Amazon, doesn't help that both the mobile website and the app suck and don't show the lightning deals like they did last year. I'm also waiting on seeing how the Retrogate sale's going to be. Hopefully it'll be a 25 buck cut in the price so I can get the SNES and NES one. (Gotta find somebody that can fix up my NES too, think I yanked too hard on the AV cables and I may have messed up the port.)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just passed up on the XBox One Bundle at $329 on Amazon. Had it in my cart and I thought to myself am I really going to play this? I'll pass and wait one more year.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
For the folks looking into getting the Wii-U. Bestbuy.com has the 325 Black Friday bundle on their website. Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Smash Bros.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Got the Halo Xbone bundle at Wal-Mart. Got there 10 minutes after they opened, was out the door less than 30 minutes later.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
The retrogate sale is on . it pretty much the bulk price or very close. I got some missing carts.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
is it bad to be shamelessly self promoting? because i'm gonna be.

i have a bunch of new stuff with random price drops being peppered in through monday on the windy site.

(site reopens at midnight cst)

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
My mom & sis tried going to Walmart just now. They told me they got 2 blocks away and turned around & went back home. Apparently the entire shopping center is all filled up & people are parking blocks away and walking there.

I'm currently trying to find that 50inch tv for $199 online. Anyone have a link? I don't want to go to a store physically... :0

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My mom & sis tried going to Walmart just now. They told me they got 2 blocks away and turned around & went back home. Apparently the entire shopping center is all filled up & people are parking blocks away and walking there.

I'm currently trying to find that 50inch tv for $199 online. Anyone have a link? I don't want to go to a store physically... :0

I went in to Wal mart to get Saran Wrap with my gf. There was a mob everywhere. I saw a Sony Blu ray player for 48 bucks. They wouldn't sell it to me till 8, so I noticed there was only 4 on the stand..... I walked off and picked up shadow of mordor for 25 bucks and went home. Logged onto the Sony website, saw the next step up Blu ray player for 40 shipped. Fuck Wal Mart, that player they were selling? Sony doesn't even make it anymore. Come to find out? Most of the shit that were "door busters" were discontinued shit. Fuck Wal Mart.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
That's pretty much with everything. I remember the year I worked at Toys R Us. There'd be shit that would sit on the shelves collecting dust that nobody gave two shits about. Then you put it on a sale and people buy multiples. Thank god I worked at night on Black Friday. It was pretty lax and they let me work in the gaming department that was pretty much cleaned out of anything good.

Also, if you didn't see I bumped up the thread about Retrogate, they've got 20% off in the whole store so go while you can. I got both SNES and NES carts. It ended up costing me 200 bucks but considering the prices of games nowadays like Metal Storm, Wild Guns and Panic Restaurant both of them paid for themselves. There's beat up copies of Hagane and Earthbound that are up that look like shit and cost as much as the flash carts do.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
While people are out buying stuff, I'm sitting here taking a guess at the death count all this shopping will cause.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Nothing really stands out as deal-of-the-year or anything. Guess I'll stay home until Monday and avoid the mobs.

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
Ubisoft buy one get one free. (PC only)

Picked up a preorder for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (absolutely loved Guardian of Light) and a free copy of South Park and the Stick of Truth for $17.99. Both are steamworks. No need to install the uplay client.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Quite a bit, actually:

Games:

NBA 2K15 PS4-$30
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor PS4-$25
Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls PS4-$25
Thief PC-$10
Cinemaware Collection PC-$10
Metro Redux PS4-$25

Movies:

Gravity BD-$4
300: Rise of an Empire BD-$6
Braveheart BD-$10

Also picked up the following which weren't Black Friday sales but movies I'd been meaning to purchase:

The Wind Rises BD-$25
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist BD-$25

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Just got a couple of movies and a video game for my nephew.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
While people are out buying stuff, I'm sitting here taking a guess at the death count all this shopping will cause.

Not enough.

Got the Tales of Xilia 2 lightening deal for $20 and a cheap ps4 pad.

Gonna see what amazon has tomorrow for the 16gb mem card. Hoping that lands around $20 as well.

Last edited: