Dark Souls II Coming To PS4

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Not liking this trend. We used to have the games co-developed in the generation transitions before but using all this time being used to keep upgrading games... Would rather see that time, money, and effort going to new titles.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Not liking this trend. We used to have the games co-developed in the generation transitions before but using all this time being used to keep upgrading games... Would rather see that time, money, and effort going to new titles.
Have to agree with you there. Last of Us was a good effort and Tomb Raider was solid, but really, TR probably didn't NEED to come out, especially at $60. The graphical improvements on TLoU were impressive enough that I didn't mind that all that much, but really, GTA V is the only remake that I'm willing to unequivocally defend as "worthwhile," for what I would assume are obvious reasons.

I'll have to pass on this. The later these come out, the more competition there is. Seriously, why play this when there will be Witcher 3, and especially Bloodborne?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
It's just going to be a souped up version of a GOTY edition, and it'll come as a free patch for the folks who already own the game.

The lore in this game was trash and given their track record with the DLCs, I bet this update will follow suit and just tack on some extra shit that is of no relevance to the overall plot.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I haven't really bothered to buy any new games for like a couple years, so I don't mind these remakes as much as most of you.

I might pick this up, but I seem to recall everyone saying it was shit.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I have no problem with remakes because most of the time I appreciate the upgrades.

But I didn't connect with this game, and I don't see how a visual upgrade and some new content will change that.

Fundamentally, on a systemic level, I hate this game. All of the game play changes and the alterations to the grinding mechanics sucked in my opinion.

I will be hard pressed to actually pay for this game. But if someone bought it for me or in some other way came into possession of it without having to pay for it, I'd give it another try.

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Wait a year after all the DLC is out. Then buy the "Game of the Year" or "Definitive Edition" or whatever $40 for everything name they come up with.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Played DSII all the way through all ready and the dlc.Unless this goty has more then the original release,i don't see the point of buying it.I think i would wait for it to hit the bargain bin instead.Right now at this point i'm looking more forward to bloodborne.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I don't like this new trend, some of these games are barely a year old. To soon for a remake imo.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were always way better then this game. Either get Miyazaki back or stop pumping this corpse. DSII was tremendously disappointing for me. When I get a ps4, I'm getting Bloodborne.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
As per a thread I opened earlier this month, I've only JUST got into the Dark/Demon's Souls universe. I've started out with Dark Souls PTDEd (was cheap enough in my local game store) and have ordered Demon's Souls to go 'back' to. I'm having a bit of a hiatus from Dark Souls this week though.

Quite disappointing to hear everyone has grievances with DSII vs the acclaim it received... ...in the media (lol).

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
As per a thread I opened earlier this month, I've only JUST got into the Dark/Demon's Souls universe. I've started out with Dark Souls PTDEd (was cheap enough in my local game store) and have ordered Demon's Souls to go 'back' to. I'm having a bit of a hiatus from Dark Souls this week though.

Quite disappointing to hear everyone has grievances with DSII vs the acclaim it received... ...in the media (lol).

I think its due to DS2 being more mainstream than its predecessors that it had received so much acclaim.

I got into the series this september and started with DS2. My lil bro and friend told me that its the worst of the series and Demons souls is the best of the 3.

I purchased Demon Souls on the halloween sale, and never have I rage quitted a game so fast lol.

How did you find Demon Souls compared to Dark Souls. ?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I still haven't played Dark Souls I or II yet, so I guess this works out for me. I'll scoop it out of the bargain bin in a few years.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Spoilers ahead!

It's due to the fact that DSII is a mess, the lore in it is ass compared to Dark Souls. The bosses are mostly boring and uncreative. Very few are memorable. As a stand alone, it is a great game IMO. As a soul's sequel, its abysmal. Honestly, so many of the areas in DSII just flat out sucked. I like a few bosses. I grinded out the Giant Lord over 90 times for a stupid amount of leveling. I think i'm like level 500+..

Do I hate it, not at all, but I definitely didn't get the cool feeling I got from the first two games. Demon's Souls is still my favorite of the series. Nothing was cooler then Shrine of Storms, and the bosses in Dark Souls were amazing. Ornstein and Smough for example, and the Four King's fight. IMO, nothing in DSII is cooler then them. In fact, when I beat DSII, I thought 'is that it?'. I was sort of amazed at that last boss. She will NEVER be Gwynn, or the bad ass trek in Kiln. She was a joke IMO, and that doesn't change much through repeat playthroughs. I need to get the DLC's, but again, Miyazaki was missing. So this game lacked the heart of his life's interest that makes the others amazing games. I still cringe at how awesome Shrine of Storms is.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
when I beat DSII, I thought 'is that it?'. I was sort of amazed at that last boss.

That last boss also disappointed me. I was expecting way more. I just got the DLCS, I hope they were worth it.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
That last boss also disappointed me. I was expecting way more. I just got the DLCS, I hope they were worth it.

I started them on NG+6 and I fucking HATED them, they were harder than anything I've played in the series so far.
And not in a good way, either.

Elana is my new shittiest Souls boss ever (overtaking the amazingly shit belfry gargoyles and Lost Sinner + 2 pyromancers)

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
The DLC has some worthy boss fights but unfortunately some are just a rehash,very lazy on fromsoft part.