Battle Garegga Saturn

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It was a troll post.

Bio Metal's Jpn soundtrack is very good and I was totally ignorant of it until you told me about it. Peeps can compare them here

It could also be argued that SNES did a better job of 2 Unlimited than 2 Unlimited themselves.

I should have figured.

I guess people still think it's funny and ironic to talk about the US Biometal ost.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
Garegga is a good game....but BlastWind is better....the soundtrack is amazing and I love the opening.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
the Saturn port is worth it for Namiki's Arranged tunes. Legendary composer

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I'd love to try this one but that price is well up there. The Saturn is an amazing system, but the cost of entry to play the good games can be brutal. Wish I got into this system back when

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I sold off my copy of Garegga for Saturn recently as I'm kind of purging all of my console shit. It really is a great port though. The pcb was one of the first I ever bought and will likely never sell it, but this is one of those cases where the Saturn version may be the more favorable to own of the two.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Both the port and PCB have pros and cons.

Port:

+ “redball” bullets (for those wussies who have trouble seeing the gray bullets)
+ arrange music
+ stage restart
+ wait control (slowdown) on/off (not 100% accurate)
+ 2 SUPERPLAYS
+ NO INPUT LAG
- music is “downsampled” a bit, doesn’t sound as good as PCB
- slight loading delay between stages

PCB:

+ Better sounding music
- Raizing PCBs are low quality and prone to failure
- $400-500 pricetag

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
+ “redball” bullets (for those wussies who have trouble seeing the gray bullets)

I'm really glad I outgrew using that mode. It doesn't even change all of the bullets so it's not a fix-all anyway. But yeah, brown bullets were only an issue for the first few plays and then I adjusted to viewing them so it wasn't a big deal anymore.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
this game is a classic. love this game! I have it on an emulation disc, hoping to find a good deal on the saturn version.

from graphics to gameplay, this game got it right and it sucks this game didnt get released on systems here in the u.s.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
haven't played the saturn version, but sweet game.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Bumping 20 old topics, with a single sentence that adds nothing to any of them, counts as "contributing" right? :thevt:

Chempop

Someone talk me out of flipping some crap and going for a $500 garegga pcb.

Garrega is one of my top 5 games of all time and Ive put a tremendous amount of hours into it.

There is no port that can replace the experience of gameplay on a cab.

That being said I have owned a battle garrega pcb for a long time but also through those years I was a cab elitest and couldnt give two shits about playing anything on a console. Since then I have changed and become a lot more console focused. In the last few weeks I have been playing the game heavily on the saturn and a pvm. Honestly if I knew these saturn ports were so god damn good earlier I dont think I would have purchased a lot of the pcb's. I say its so fucking good that I really dont miss owning the pcb. Even though this is easily one of my favorite games of all time I cant see owning the pcb ever again. A big part of coming to this conclusion was getting over owning a bunch of cabs and pcbs, that just doesnt matter to me anymore. I am fine with owning a bunch of burns, everdrives and consoles, I don't feel a need to spend crazy money on cabs or pcb's anymore.

Last edited:

Some Mist

NEST Puppet

real talk, sometimes there's boot issues associated with the board depending on the cab/psu utilized due to a voltage monitor on the board that needs to be replaced (I've never had this issue)

there's also an inverted color issue that took out like 6 individual's boards (at least reported - there might have been more) related to the u12 and u13 chips. I experienced this and had the chips socketed. afaik this is a lot more common

neither should come as a surprise as you know raizing boards are garbage, but that's about all I've got to convince you otherwise.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Chem, I was so tempted to get that Garegga and Bakraid as well but I hope you get Garegga!

I like the port better though, same thing for Kingdom Grand Prix and Batsugun both excellent ports, one of these days I'll part with the PCBs...

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
You could always mod the Saturn and just burn it, if you're just interested in it just to play it.

Chempop

You could always mod the Saturn and just burn it, if you're just interested in it just to play it.

You talking to me? I’ve already 1CC it multiple times, have a letter score, etc. What exactly do you mistake me for huh?