Nintendo 2DS ? Is it worth it ?

paybacks3

n00b
Thinking about adding this handheld to the collection ... they have the new clear red and blue out for $100 and i have some extra BestBuy Gift Cards laying around ... Besides the flip and the 3D feature which isn't really a draw for me is there anything else its missing ? Anything i should know ? For those that have one hows the comfort ?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Thinking about adding this handheld to the collection ... they have the new clear red and blue out for $100 and i have some extra BestBuy Gift Cards laying around ... Besides the flip and the 3D feature which isn't really a draw for me is there anything else its missing ? Anything i should know ? For those that have one hows the comfort ?

Its competent and comfy to hold, but games that benefit from the addition of the circle pad pro, like metal gear solid 3d, kid icarus, monster hunter, resident evil revelations, and kh3d are going to be more difficult to control.

also some games depend on the 3d for their play, like Super Mario 3d Land and its use of depth to judge jumps. if you can live with that, its a good way to get into the 3ds world.

paybacks3

n00b
Its competent and comfy to hold, but games that benefit from the addition of the circle pad pro, like metal gear solid 3d, kid icarus, monster hunter, resident evil revelations, and kh3d are going to be more difficult to control.

also some games depend on the 3d for their play, like Super Mario 3d Land and its use of depth to judge jumps. if you can live with that, its a good way to get into the 3ds world.

Just looked that circle pad pro up .. didnt even know they had that for the 3DS . at that point they should have just built that in .

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Just looked that circle pad pro up .. didnt even know they had that for the 3DS . at that point they should have just built that in .

Spoiler alert: look up the new 3DS. It's like they answered your prayers.

paybacks3

n00b
sweet ... found this little video on it . Might just hold out for this little guy

Last edited:

turq

Quiz Detective
Thanx for the comparison video paybacks3 - - I had never really been clear on the differences with the new model.

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The 2DS is a good way to go. Batteries last a long time, doesn't have a heavy screen hanging on a crappy hinge like the XL, and it takes a decent amount of punishment.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
sweet ... found this little video on it . Might just hold out for this little guy

Thanks for the video. It didn't mention any thing about the battery life. And isn't it a pain in the dick to transfer your DL data to it?

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I bought one for my wife because she didn't care about the 3d thing. She loves it! You can't beat that price.