Those bigass research papers you had to do in High School/College

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
How much time did you actually put into them?

How soon before the actual deadline did you start writing them?

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
* Initial research, note taking and rough draft in the first 1 to 3 days after paper is assigned. Try to hit page count at this time. Topic will be "fresh".

* Start final draft 2 or 3 days before it's due.

This consistently worked for me throughout college. By "days" I mean 2 to 4 hours of work for each day.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
* Initial research, note taking and rough draft in the first 1 to 3 days after paper is assigned. Try to hit page count at this time. Topic will be "fresh".

* Start final draft 2 or 3 days before it's due.

This consistently worked for me throughout college. By "days" I mean 2 to 4 hours of work for each day.

Not too different here. Just wanted to make sure I had my direction figured out. Worked better on making serious progress in crunch time.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I only took two papers seriously, my college essay where I was able to use Winnie the Pooh as a motivation for success in college (similar and much more thoroughly elaborated in "the tao of pooh" by Benjamin Hoff, great read) and my thesis on the individual interpretations of the cognitive dissonance theory.

Every other paper I essentially pushed out last minute and do fairly decently.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
by bigass I assume you mean undergrad and highschool. In that case, I often started the day before it was due. I was a terrible student in college because all school prior was absolutely no challenge.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
.... I was able to use Winnie the Pooh as a motivation for success in college (similar and much more thoroughly elaborated in "the tao of pooh" by Benjamin Hoff, great read)

One of the greatest books I have ever read.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Spent more time in a university library my senior year of high school than I did in my entirety of college.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i was pro at oak tag based presentations.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
How soon: Only start on the night before it's due.
How much time: One all-nighter.

Easy A baby. XD

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
get paid to take these retard level courses so: sign up for course, receive curriculum, knock out entire course in 3 work nights, submit lesson each week of due date to make it seem like i am participating, receive C+ or higher, get raise once dumb ass classes accumulate, profit.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
how many pages are those research papers and how in-depth do they have to be?

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Depends. Two full (around 8hrs) reading and note taking, then two to write. I am a little odd in that I write my essay in full by hand first, then type it up.

Oh, and always reference as you go. Lots of people at uni leave it until they've written everything, which sucks balls.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Got it done the weekend before the paper was due. All research was done at my town library while watching movies in the AV room. Between getting books, copying information, watching films, I'd say I put in at least 3-4 total hours a week for 2 weeks getting info.

I never turned in a rough draft, so that always deducted 5 points overall. I was much more concerned with after school activities, rather than meaningless papers.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I used to do them last minute. I went to graduate school and it turns out.. can't really do that for papers that need a ton of sources and are judged against "peer reviewed journals" or some nonsense. I got my ASS kicked by grad school. I graduated, but it was the hardest thing I've ever done.

As an undergrad.. maybe 6-7 hours on a big paper tops? I remember doing a few all nighters and seeing the sun come up.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Junior year we had a 150 page report/project for like the last month of a history class. He only changed it up by like 10 pages or so year to year, so generally you find someone who had the class the year before then just audit it for the newer content and copy paste. He obviously couldn't check it all and he just skimmed random sections looking for some specific fact. Was so bs and leaned to cheating.