Sega Trio's Available from www.retrogamecave.com

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I waited forever to get one of these. After trying to hook up my Sega Genesis model 1, CD model 2, and 3DX today after receiving my everdrive, I got annoyed and decided to check back at retrogamecave. Before they were only sold in small runs, and always sold out. I tried for what seemed like a few years. Looks like he has a steady stock now. If you are looking for a solution to the mess that is the genesis with many attachments and multiple power supplies, I recommended checking them out and getting one while they're around.

www.retrogamecave.com

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I can definitely vouch for these. He doesn't offer them often (less so than even the regular trios), but I managed to convince the guy to offer up a short run of the X'Eye + 32x cable version and snagged one. Couldn't be happier.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
got a few myself. Just sign up for the email blast, and you'll get one when he has more stock.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yeah I have one of these also. Something I'd wish came out years ago.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
77000 games. 2 Arcade sticks, 2 light guns, 1 racing wheel, 1 ddr pad and 1 wii dolphin bar. = Pimp setup.

Console emulation has no soul...but that is impressive.

On topic: I see $60 in my near future since I'd wanna get a trio set up with for both M1 and M2 with 32X setups.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, I found this website a few months ago when I was looking into getting a 32X and SCD. Never happened unfortunately, and my financial situation blows right now. When I finally get around to getting I must have this, having 3 separate power bricks was one of my major gripes about having the add-ons in the past.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Yeah, I found this website a few months ago when I was looking into getting a 32X and SCD. Never happened unfortunately, and my financial situation blows right now. When I finally get around to getting I must have this, having 3 separate power bricks was one of my major gripes about having the add-ons in the past.

It sucks. The other day I had 3 bricks and had to plug a surge protector into a surge protector. Then you have the potential of not 1 but 3 bricks dying, and having to replace them.

Does anyone know if I get the gen 1, Sega cd2, 32x one, if I can still use the trio if I unhook my 32x? I need to be able to access master system games with my everdrive.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It sucks. The other day I had 3 bricks and had to plug a surge protector into a surge protector. Then you have the potential of not 1 but 3 bricks dying, and having to replace them.

Exactly! There's no way in hell I'd chain powerstrips to hook systems up. It's probably dangerous.

Does anyone know if I get the gen 1, Sega cd2, 32x one, if I can still use the trio if I unhook my 32x? I need to be able to access master system games with my everdrive.

Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem, because the systems will only take up the amperage they need to run.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
So you only need 1 power brick for the 3 systems? That's fucking amazing! Thanks for posting, I'm ordering the shit out of this now.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Yeah, it's fine. I still use my trio with either a Neptune+ Sega cd or a regular Genny 2 + Sega CD all the time. I need to get the duo one, I don't even have a standalone 32x anymore.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Got mine and it works great! The design is really smart and makes it easy to figure out which plug goes where and there's not too much or too little slack:

rjKUxXa.jpg

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I have the Trio M2 and it great . Relly makes the full genesis / sega CD / 32X setup more fun to have !

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Got mine today and I am instantly in love. Setup with the sega cd/32x is so much cleaner, and easier. I don't have to fiddle with the back of the genesis like I do with some of the OEM power supplies where the video gets all distorted. It's just better in every way. There is even a little blue light on the PSU so you can see if it's receiving power. Which is great for me cause if I see it on I will remember to unplug it. I'm going to order another one in the next few months in case mine ever dies so I have a backup.

I highly recommend to people who want better, cleaner power, with less clutter, and use of less power sockets. I'm going to ditch all my other PSU's to fund the purchase of another one.

Broke it in with a round of Rocket Knight Adventures (one of my all time favorites), and Mamono Hunter Yohko.

Last edited: