Krikzz website down, Retrogate down, Stone Age Gamer Flash carts removed from main page

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The first Everdrive I ordered direct from Retrogate was the Super Everdrive. It came to me sandwiched in 2 pieces of cardboard, wrapped in ESD bubble wrap, thrown in an oversized, non-padded, Tyvek envelope. I was amazed that it worked when I got it. He's come a long way.

Unless you have a sac cart ready and, for the SNES, a DSP-1 ready as well, get it with all the options...if they're available.

I'm going to go with the pre-made carts, lord knows I've got some games I'd destroy to make into a flash cart. If I add the DSP-1 to the order will that support games with the Super FX chip? I didn't see much as far as videos with the Super Everdrive V2, just the first run cart. Even if it doesn't the only game with a special chip I want to play is Star Fox 2. I've already got the real carts of Street Fighter Alpha 2, Star Fox and Stunt Race FX.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm going to go with the pre-made carts, lord knows I've got some games I'd destroy to make into a flash cart. If I add the DSP-1 to the order will that support games with the Super FX chip? I didn't see much as far as videos with the Super Everdrive V2, just the first run cart. Even if it doesn't the only game with a special chip I want to play is Star Fox 2. I've already got the real carts of Street Fighter Alpha 2, Star Fox and Stunt Race FX.

Yeah you really only need a few carts the everdrive doesn't support. Star Fox, Yoshi's Island, and Mario Rpg. Everything else I want works.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Welp, looks like I'm finally gonna get myself a flash cart hopefully. I've always felt like Stone Age Gamer really price-gouged some of their stuff. I'd rather have my stuff with no frills, so I've been looking at Retrogate more for a while now.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
such a f'n fickle community.
SAG is a good business. I'm sure the other places are good businesses too. It's all emu rom houses in the end.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
such a f'n fickle community.
SAG is a good business. I'm sure the other places are good businesses too. It's all emu rom houses in the end.
Sag is a good seller, I've done business with them on a few occasions, they just charge waaaay to much for their deluxe editions.

They have started selling pcb only carts for just about the same price as retrogate, so I'm cool with them. When I ordered the loose pcbs of the Master System and GG Everdrives they included free labels, which was cool since I had worthless sports games to steal shells from.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I bought one Everdrive from SAG. The deluxe model Super Everdrive. I paid quite a bit more for it that I would have from Krikzz (I think this was before he had his retrogate storefront.) it came with an SD card, a labeled cart shell, and a universal game case with insert. It also came with 2 coupons for free firmware upgrades, but both had expiration dates.

In short, fuck that guy. Retrogate or GTFO.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member

Super Everdrive will only do DSP-1 games (Mario Kart, Pilotwings, etc.) along with other non special chip games. If you got the scratch, then get the SD2SNES; you won't need to sac a cart to do DSP-1 games, it'll play MMX2 and on, with more special chip games being worked on still.

I bought one Everdrive from SAG. The deluxe model Super Everdrive. I paid quite a bit more for it that I would have from Krikzz (I think this was before he had his retrogate storefront.) it came with an SD card, a labeled cart shell, and a universal game case with insert. It also came with 2 coupons for free firmware upgrades, but both had expiration dates.

In short, fuck that guy. Retrogate or GTFO.

I sent my Everdrive MD and my Super ED (or was it the ED64) to get firmware updates to SAG. I couldn't justify getting a JTAG progammer just to do the upgrade, but in retrospect, it would've been cheaper just to flash it myself or even ask KRIKzz to upgrade it for me.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'll stick with the Super Everdrive and the games it can't handle I'll just play off emulator on my computer. Couldn't believe when I saw the price of it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If that's how much they charge for a SNES version, it is no wonder a neo version isn't even being considered.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The sale is on!! Every item is 20% off. I bit the bullet and got both the NES and Super Everdrive! Can't wait to try these bad boys out!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
The sale is on!! Every item is 20% off. I bit the bullet and got both the NES and Super Everdrive! Can't wait to try these bad boys out!

Good looking out! Just picked up the Everdrive 64. Now I finally have all the everdrives except the game gear one, which I don't want anyway.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
Took advantage of the sale got an Everdrive 64 glad I waited it out and got a good deal.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Everdrive64, Super Everdrive, and a Mega Everdrive (to replace my Everdrive MD - I want the extra sega cd functionality)

I've been waiting for this sale for about 5 months :)

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Everdrive64, Super Everdrive, and a Mega Everdrive (to replace my Everdrive MD - I want the extra sega cd functionality)

I've been waiting for this sale for about 5 months :)

Is this confirmed for the cart? I was on the fence about buying one because I don't want an upgraded version to come out that supports ODE 2 months from now.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Is this confirmed for the cart? I was on the fence about buying one because I don't want an upgraded version to come out that supports ODE 2 months from now.

Goddamn it, I forgot about that tease. No, I was just referring to the CD saving functionality.

Oh well. I guess I'll be upgrading again next black friday then :p

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I ended up missing out, and the SD2SNES was sold out at Retrogate, so I ended up buying a board-only one from SAG. Not so bad I guess, since I earned triple the tickets and some other things due to it being Cyber Monday. Don't they also send you a gift card with your flash cart and then the 5% off your next purchase?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I ended up missing out, and the SD2SNES was sold out at Retrogate, so I ended up buying a board-only one from SAG. Not so bad I guess, since I earned triple the tickets and some other things due to it being Cyber Monday. Don't they also send you a gift card with your flash cart and then the 5% off your next purchase?

the 5% off (or whatever it is) doesn't apply to other flashcarts. just an FYI.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
How long does it usually take to get a shipment from Krizz? I'm trying to enter in the tracking number off USPS and it doesn't come up. Maybe that means the label was printed and he didn't send it out yet. I'm holding off on using both of them till after Christmas since I just got the collectors edition of Kingdom Hearts and I plan on going through the whole sha-bang.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I just got a tracking# from him the other day, looks like it's registered airmail. Which is around 1-2 weeks in my experience and usually doesn't update until it hits the US or sometimes even after the item has already been delivered.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
10599227_1030731226952892_1672561485532883905_n.jpg

Woop! Woop! Got em' in the mail today! I'm not bothering with the NES one since my replacement 72-pin connector's been giving me the death grip and I don't want to fuck up a 100 dollar cart. So I'll just wait for the BLW to come in and then I'll go down that route. It does suck that I can't play Mega Man X2 and 3 and Star Fox 2 but come on, the SNES has one of the greatest libraries of games period.