Anyone seen one of these NGPC carts before?

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I was on here and I'm hoping the experts are still here.

I'm in the process of selling my collections and came across this version of Sonic

As you can see, the code is missing from the top right of the cart sticker. Has anyone ever seen this before? I know SNK were bad but I didn't think they would miss something like this.
Apologies for the bad pictures, I've never used this file manager on these forums.
Final question -is it worth anything?

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 238

turq

Quiz Detective
Here are the three major versions of the NGPC Sonic cartridge:

US version (NEOP00591)
sonic-pocket-adventure-cartridge.gif

Japanese version (NEOP00590)
Spa_ngpc_jp_cart.jpg

UK version (NEOP0059)
sonicpocketadventure.jpg

So it is a variation of the UK label, but I haven't run across it before. Perhaps a printing error or a knock-off?

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
I thought the same (knock-off) but the insides are identical to the EU/UK cart.
Suppose it's just another of the great SNK NGPC printing mysteries :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hm, haven't seen such a cart before (only the versions turq listed). If the boards are legit, I'm sure it's still worth close to or the same as any other sonic cart.
Where will you be selling your collection(s)? There are nice folks on here looking for NGPC stuff, and this boards market is a good place to trade...

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Where did you acquire this? I've never seen this artwork before, but I haven't paid much attention to European variants. I personally don't think it's worth much more than regular cart, but I'm probably biased because I sort of want it. I'm also looking for this stuff if you have it.

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
Where did you acquire this? I've never seen this artwork before, but I haven't paid much attention to European variants. I personally don't think it's worth much more than regular cart, but I'm probably biased because I sort of want it. I'm also looking for this stuff if you have it.

Vectorman0, I've been offered £25 ($40) for it so I'm going to sell it. I've looked at your list and I may have some of the stuff you are interested in (I've got some Jap multicarts, a demo cart, some advert things, etc). I'll try and get some pictures done over the weekend and post a thread in the selling forum.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
The one I bought new at EB came with the standard US cart with ESRB rating.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Well, it does say Patent Pending. Maybe it's a really early version.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Sonic was withdrawn in the UK for a while and then reappeared on the shelves.
It was said at the time that there was a disagreement between SNK and Sega and something in the artwork needed to be changed. They were removed from the shelves for a while.
I always assumed that it was the cover art, but I've never found what the difference was.
Could this be it?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
My only thought was to wonder if there was an Asian English release that for some reason would differ from the UK release.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I'm wondering if this isn't super rare, it's just that no one noticed it before.

It was said at the time that there was a disagreement between SNK and Sega and something in the artwork needed to be changed. They were removed from the shelves for a while.
I always assumed that it was the cover art, but I've never found what the difference was.
Could this be it?

Can you cite any articles on this?

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I'm wondering if this isn't super rare, it's just that no one noticed it before.

Can you cite any articles on this?

We talked about it on here back at the time, but nobody seemed to know the reason why the artwork was supposedly a problem or what was changed.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Could this be it?

This is what I was thinking too. I remember this as I bought Sonic on launch and shortly after it was withdrawn from sale. I remember thinking at the time that mine may be one rare but then once it was rereleased I couldnt tell the difference.

Perhaps this is what had to be changed.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
This is what I was thinking too. I remember this as I bought Sonic on launch and shortly after it was withdrawn from sale. I remember thinking at the time that mine may be one rare but then once it was rereleased I couldnt tell the difference.

Perhaps this is what had to be changed.

Hi Matt,

I'm relieved someone else remembers it :)

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
There is no Sega copyright on one, so this seems to make perfect sense.