SSVS dip settings

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
I’ve searched high and low for these, only to find a few settings from SSV that work on Special as well as some of the reg (cheats, cab mode, link, etc.)

My question : Do any further dip settings exist/possibly exist, via the hard dip menu or hidden built-in soft menu, for Samurai Shodown V Special? I’d like to further explore things like hit boxes, distance grids, etc.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That sounds like a total hack (like SS3 fixed version) rather than something that SNKP would allow the arcade operator to change.

Have you tried it with the debug BIOS?

Last edited:

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
That sounds like a total hack (like SS3 fixed version) rather than something that SNKP would allow the arcade operator to change.

Have you tried it with the debug BIOS?

I recall some KoF and/or Fatal Fury titles having enabled visible hit boxes via dip settings. Just not sure about SS titles in general, much less SSVS..

By debug bios, you mean the one sold in the NeoStore a decade ago?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I've got a copy on the way and I think it has the dip sheet w/it...

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
:lolz:

I'll make ya a copy, or scan it and send it to ya if it shows up w/the dip sheet. How good is your moonspeak though?

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
If need be, send me a copy of the dip sheet and I can translate it.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
either way, me and/or Twe3k can get it read.

id really appreciate it!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I did check and the cart is supposed to come with the dip sheet which I would send to Tweek. But Tweek seems to have found on line copy of it in moonspeak, so I might not need to send him a copy.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Yea I sent it to him already, but it claims to be solely for SSV. Would be interesting to see if they were at least similar though.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the dips Twe3k. Although ive already tried some SSV dips, this gives more detail as to what does what.

bubba, let me know whats up with the settings you get

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
If you find anything out about this title pop me a PM (I don't have SSV Special unfortunately so have not investigated it at all) and I'll get it onto the Wiki page :)

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I have the Dips for this... i'll scan you a copy as soon as I can.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Oops, my fault. Try again now... that will teach me for uploading it in a rush and not testing. Sorry. :D

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
it's working - hero alert indeed!

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
so i figured my buddy could translate on the fly.. no go. Apparently he's Korean and those doodles differ.
#notracist

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
anybody capable of doing the final task of translation? it would be greatly appreciated.

rcantor - i have a complete HNG64 fighters collection; will provide you scans of all related items (moves list stickers, manuals, etc) when i get a chance.