BerryTogarts NeoGeo Fighters History Quest

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
ah, missed your post on KOF98 ;)

read it all now, thanks for your thoughts. 98 and of course LB are such great games. But I'm guessing your ranking LB as #1 because of presentation will upset some folks. It's mechanics are pretty deep too... lots to keep one busy... looking forward to when you get to LB2 ^^

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
ah, missed your post on KOF98 ;)

read it all now, thanks for your thoughts. 98 and of course LB are such great games. But I'm guessing your ranking LB as #1 because of presentation will upset some folks. It's mechanics are pretty deep too... lots to keep one busy... looking forward to when you get to LB2 ^^

Thanks for your feedback - I didn't say LB lacks mechanics or gameplay though - just that it is outstanding in presentation in my opinion.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I find it sad that you will never be able to enjoy Art of Fighting 3.

Good luck!

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
For those who care (I know Danthor does) I'd like to open this thread to report my progress on my personal quest to complete every Neo Geo MVS fighting series.

The rules for myself are as following:
  • Beat the game on normal
  • Infinite credits allowed
  • no cheats but infinite credits
  • Beat all series in historical order (e.g.: SS1 has to be completed before SS2)
  • Only buy the next fighter after beating the current one (if the cart is not MOTW)
  • Switching out of the series is allowed (e.g.: SS1 completed, SS2 completed, Switch to FF1)

So if you manage to pull this off, how are you gonna celebrate it?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Did manage to put some rounds of KOF 99 on my schedule recently. Such beautiful stages - rain, shadows of a man chasing a dog at night - astonishing job the devs did there.
As for the gameplay I'm still trying to get my perfect setup - most tricks of the trade with Terry seem to work still - so he's a staple, I also tend to pick Leona and I'm intrigued by Whip - unfortunately I totally suck with her.

Reaching the boss with the 4 creds given isn't really hard in this iteration (perhaps the practice on previous iterations of the series finally pays off), but I did not yet manage to beat the 2nd stage of the final battle with those.

I have yet to experiment with the offensive and defensive triggers - so far I'm still trying to practice the timings of some short combos.