BerryTogarts NeoGeo Fighters History Quest

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I'd expect some serious arguments, contradicting opinions or hints on facts I might have missed, which would increase the overall value of the thread by input of people who perhaps have more insight on a game or play on a better level than me.

The big problem with this is it's really all opinion based, with little grounded in the realm of facts. KoF95 might not seem so great playing it now, but after KoF94 and adding the ability to switch up teams, it was mind blowing at the time. A lot of it may have to do with the time in which you play the game itself.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The big problem with this is it's really all opinion based, with little grounded in the realm of facts. KoF95 might not seem so great playing it now, but after KoF94 and adding the ability to switch up teams, it was mind blowing at the time. A lot of it may have to do with the time in which you play the game itself.

KoF 95 is still the third best KoF behind 96 and 98.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...by far the classiest KOF ever, the stages have a story to tell, the music is phenomenal, the playability is amazing 'cause it's right in cue with Fatal Fury Special, one of the greatest fighting games ever. What came after was awesome as well but just not up there with KOF '95, who doesn't get goosebumps on the AOF stage on the elevator part as the BGM starts, just plain old unalterated bad ass but calm, kinda like what a super power feels like, no other KOF can give you that. I love the whole series, I'm one of those that actually enjoys every single KOF but '95 is just the pinnacle of that sentiment. 96 and one changed Robah and Terry so much that I felt cheated, however I still like the new movesets, specially 2001 Robah as the alltime bad ass complete moveset from hell, just amazing juggle reverse punch 100 kick super DSM from the 3 part special combo corner bounce...oh man...good times.

Omega Rugal easy...lol, he kept credit feeding until the AI resettled it's fierceness due to the 5 credit rule...big fucking deal. This kid knows shit about shit and wants to throw in KOF '95 on the bottom...lol...what a fucking shit fest...keep credit feeding...hey at least someone is playing the games I guess.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
See? You actually CAN contribute something (along with more flaming but I guess that's your style). I might check out the game again some time to revisit the stages, as for the creds I didn't know the AI resets a difficulty, most of the games didn't seem like that.
As for the way of playing it this is due to limited time available, I don't think it will come as a surprise to you that not all of the gamers might have the dedication you seem to show and many are in fact casual gamers.
This list - as you can easily notice when reading through it - is not for professional reviews but as personal opinion of one of these casual gamers.

That said thanks for the first part of your reply, additional insights are always appreciated.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
My mere presence here is a contribution like it's everyone else's as well, just take it all in, I mean here we are putting up with you, the least you can do is appreciate the attention whether is to your liking or not...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I especially love the PSX port. The loading during the falling animation really gives you time to think about things.
I always felt the Saturn had the nicest loading screens...time to talk about life...loved it...and yes the PSX port was pretty damn good for the times, better than any Capcom port at the time for sure...let's not talk about Darkstalkers and X-Men PSX...arrrghh!

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I always felt the Saturn had the nicest loading screens...time to talk about life...loved it...and yes the PSX port was pretty damn good for the times, better than any Capcom port at the time for sure...let's not talk about Darkstalkers and X-Men PSX...arrrghh!

Last Blade loading times on NGCD is the only way to truly have time to contemplate life.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
How about them MS2 intermissions?...we had a neo meet up way back...MS2 NGCD brought the good times...Intermission was perfect to hit that bowl!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Quod erat demonstrandum
romans-go-home.jpg

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,

did type that on a tablet - that will teach me *gets out the paint bucket*

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I think he is focusing on some online game.

Games: HexTCG released the PvE part, Work: there's a truckload of it to do atm - therefore the quest is a bit short. Currently I'm playing some KOF 97 from time to time, but I hardly get more than 15 or 30 mins in and that is a bit too little for me to achieve a playthrough ;)

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Interesting read! I appreciate the "commenterry" (<--- see what I did...)

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Actually managed to squeeze some more play on KOF97 in today. Took a team of Kyo, King and Terry and with more time on the various iterations now I seem to get the hang of hopping and super hopping/jumping better - which defenitely helps in the fights.
I can do well with Kyo and Terry, with King however it happens so often that I want to do a double strike and instead get the Animation with the many kicks where she is slowly charging, which leaves me wide open - her slide does help a lot however.
Managed to 1CC my way to the final of the regular tourney, but then had awakened Iori as opponent and SNK being SNK, he immedately ate 3 of my credits. I managed to beat him on the 4th and met the "Orochi Gang" (which I consider to be very good sprite work, I like them), but couldn't handle them.
Left myself the option of infinite creds as always, but just wasn't motivated enough to try kicking their butts again - it seems I need to learn some more basic combos of the chars, the ones I have are usually very cheap and don't do much damage (super jump in, lp,lp, some kick)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Remember to whiff wisely, the CPU has a hard time dealing with that, it surprisingly helps.