Some more SNK games may be coming to playstation platforms

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/1...urai-shodown-vi-coming-playstation-platforms/

SNK Playmore announced a port of Metal Slug 3 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita. More SNK Playmore classics appear to be on their way too.

In addition to Metal Slug 3, Korea’s video game rating board has Samurai Shodown VI, The King of Fighters ’98 Ultimate Match, and The King of Fighters XI listed with Sony Computer Entertainment Korea as the publisher. It’s unclear if these will be PS2 Classics for PlayStation 3 or if these will be ports for multiple systems like Metal Slug 3.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
They are always too expensive. I always see Snk download games for $6-8 each they should be $1.5-$2 maaaybe $3 otherwise there's other stuff I'd rather buy.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
They are always too expensive. I always see Snk download games for $6-8 each they should be $1.5-$2 maaaybe $3 otherwise there's other stuff I'd rather buy.

This isn't a mobile platform.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rumors that are

1. likely true and
2. not interesting at all

So I'll file this under "olds", thanks.

Hey speak for yourself man. This is what I've been asking for for years.

Bring on MS3, tLB2, SS6, NGBC, MotW, XI, 98UM, 02UM

As long as they aren't ps2 classics. I already have these games on PS2 and the lag kills it for me.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Hey speak for yourself man. This is what I've been asking for for years.

Bring on MS3, tLB2, SS6, NGBC, MotW, XI, 98UM, 02UM

As long as they aren't ps2 classics. I already have these games on PS2 and the lag kills it for me.

Yeah I saw the news yesterday and that's why I didn't bother to post it here. They are most likely PS2 ports, which would mean lower res video, odd controls, and no online. And might also mean no hope for real ports. Out of these, I really wanted to see KOFXI get a proper port (along with NGBC).

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
eh crap. I want a legit wait to try Samurai 6. There is too much bootleg Atomiswave stuff out there and I don't want to end up spending 300$ for a cart that would turn out to be a bootleg :(

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Honestly, like all of this shit was playable on PS2...I'd rather just hook it all up to an old CRT and play it there....

...before I fuck around buying roms off some Yakuza pachinko company that doesn't give a rats ass about SNKs IPs.

Last edited:

xfoxdiex

n00b
Wish if they start porting Hyper64 to any console since its not easy to get them and trying it.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Will they also be making a Neo Geo stick for the PS4?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Huh.....interesting idea! What Hyper games would be worthwhile to look into?

-Great presentation with the 2 Samurai Shodown games, but the 3d models look like shit.
-Buriki one was the last fighting game with best 3d models but presentation was barebones and the controls were fucking weird.

So uh....yeah...none are worth looking up anymore.

SNKP lost all the data on those games as well so there's no way they'll ever release it.
Unless someone FINALLY emulates it and then SNKP can swoop in and steal their work like Tommo.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
they have been getting released... 94 rebout just got released... the only sad part is that they are not arcade ports, they are ps2 ports...