WTF is it with the cursed Fallout franchise?

fluxcore

Another Striker
Wasteland 2 is good enough for me. Also, I actually would rather not have them run the Fallout franchise into the ground.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If Bethesda controls Fallout and continues to release quality titles like Skyrim then I have faith.

I still need to get Wasteland 2...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If Bethesda controls Fallout and continues to release quality titles like Skyrim then I have faith.

I still need to get Wasteland 2...

I'm still waiting for my physical copies of Wasteland 2 (plus the other goodies). Us backers really got the shaft. :(

I have a digital key left, but I don't want to use it to play the game when I have both a standard and a deluxe physical copy supposed to be coming to me. I'd sell the digital copy to ya cheap if you're interested, 'duf.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
where the hell is half-life 3

valve's said all kinds of things about it. they've teased about it(most recently in their employee handbooks), said it's coming soon/delayed... and for the longest time, stuck with the 'no comment' routine.

now that it's been 10 years... i highly doubt it's going to come out.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Fallout NV seemed like a "correct" fallout to me...

3 was too stripped and the plot was very "un-fallout". Siding with the BoS and having such a linear quest really killed it for me. To add to that...everything was just too destroyed for my taste. Sifting through countless rubble got old quick...the DC area was just rubble and more rubble followed by subway crawls. worst of all, it felt like a Fallout skinned FPS with light RPG elements.

It was good...but I felt NV really fixed it.

There are major different plot lines and factions, much more "RPG" elements and paths to take save just good-vs-bad karma choices. The exploration was also much more enjoyable. It felt like a fixed title rather than a cash grab...

Hmm, fair enough. I'll have to pick it up.