Analogue's New CMVS

ROBO2011

Crazed MVS Addict
What a piece of shit.. Sorry... When you are playing that thing youre arm will hit the cartridge...

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
What a piece of shit.. Sorry... When you are playing that thing youre arm will hit the cartridge...

But first it will glide across a few centimeters of luxurious ebonized ash. TELL ME THAT'S NOT WORTH $1500

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
It's like how AnalLog use the NESRGB in their NES machine, they bought the parts and so they have already supported the creator of the components. Yes it would be nice if they were upfront about how much of the work in their stuff was done by other, actually skilled people who do real good work but I'm sure the creators of these mods are happy to take Analogue's cash regardless. Of all the problems with their products I don't think this rates very highly. Now the way Cristoph danced around direct questions like "Hey, are you using an NESRGB board?" by interested potential customers, that's some shady shit.

EDIT: Think about it like this: The Neo-Geo uses a Motorola 68000 CPU, but you don't see Motorola logos in old Neo ads. Motorola (or a second source) got paid for their part and all is good. But if a reporter or something was interviewing a SNK rep back then and specifically asked who designed the Neo's CPU and they responded by listing the specs of the CPU, how cool and great the CPU is and making it seem like it's some crazy part you can only get from SNK instead of just saying "Yeah we're using a Moto 68k and it's super great!" that's where the bullshit detector goes off.

Cristoph did not use the NESRGB (I flat out asked Tim in an e-mail and he said no), he had someone design his own PCB for him. What he danced around was the false advertising of the sound circuit (the NES is incapable of stereo sound) and would not admit to sacking working Famicoms. Cristoph does not have the tech knowledge to do something similar to the NESRGB so he still is not crediting whoever designed this new PCB for him.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Cristoph did not use the NESRGB (I flat out asked Tim in an e-mail and he said no), he had someone design his own PCB for him. What he danced around was the false advertising of the sound circuit (the NES is incapable of stereo sound) and would not admit to sacking working Famicoms. Cristoph does not have the tech knowledge to do something similar to the NESRGB so he still is not crediting whoever designed this new PCB for him.

I think this is the part that fucked Cristoph in the ass with his analogue NT. I think he hasn't been able to crack that part yet. He doesn't have even one working unit of his analogue NT. That why it being pushed back constantly and that why there is zero working demo unit right now. He probably thought that he would fix this problem with the pre-order money and now he is screwed.

undamned

Pleasure Goal
He doesn't have even one working unit of his analogue NT. That why it being pushed back constantly and that why there is zero working demo unit right now. He probably thought that he would fix this problem with the pre-order money and now he is screwed.
Wow, I didn't know about this. Taking money to buy parts to build a proven design is one thing, but taking money to fund vaporware is silly and really shows what sort of business person you are.
-ud

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Wow, I didn't know about this. Taking money to buy parts to build a proven design is one thing, but taking money to fund vaporware is silly and really shows what sort of business person you are.
-ud

That's the caliber of person he is. He never cared about his reputation so losing whatever's left won't mean much.

He'll dangle another carrot out there and fools will bite again.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
-ud

This is purely Kahel's speculation, it could be right and it could not be. Although it would not surprise me if this is what he is doing there is no proof he actually is doing this.

Last edited:

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Of course it pure speculation on my part , it may be another part that not working properly . But it a fact that no working unit has been shown or demoed yet. If he had an awesome RGB nes working , he would be showing it all over the place. This all seem like a very calculated marketing to show off a big part with big splash to hide the fact that another part is not shown .

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Of course it pure speculation on my part , it may be another part that not working properly . But it a fact that no working unit has been shown or demoed yet. If he had an awesome RGB nes working , he would be showing it all over the place. This all seem like a very calculated marketing to show off a big part with big splash to hide the fact that another part is not shown .

I know dude, I was just throwing it out there so people wouldn't try and form a lynch mob over something that we don't know for sure. There is however plenty of other shit that we do know that is not speculation.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
The analogue NT hasn't been announced because they ran into trouble with the HDMI. They're having difficulty syncing it. I know this because Christoph contacted someone for a bid to fix it for him. Kevtris got around this issue by skipping cycles to match the timing.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
If a lynch mob hasn't happened over the delays and lack of a working demo unit yet, it's not likely one will form.

Depending on if these new CMVSs sell, I could see him producing more limited edition units to further the NT's development.

It's too bad he let his ego (assuming he could easily produce the NT) get him in this situation.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
The analogue NT hasn't been announced because they ran into trouble with the HDMI. They're having difficulty syncing it. I know this because Christoph contacted someone for a bid to fix it for him. Kevtris got around this issue by skipping cycles to match the timing.
I assume that this would create frame rate problems? Or even weird issues with those oddball games that relay on those cycles to time stuff?

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary

Wow I had no idea this was the case, my bad. Last time I followed anything related to the Anal NT people were certain they were using the NESRGB. Somehow this just keeps getting funnier

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Well, that's solid confirmation that they were taking people's money before they even had the thing working proper. Mocking up a fancy aluminum housing was more important than a working unit.
-ud

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
What timing? The PPU? If that's the case then the HDMI NES is about as reliable as an emulator.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sounds like kpj's AES MVS hybrid. No one's ever seen a working unit despite the picture.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
download

I don't want this either!