My drive into work this morning...

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Damn, black ice scares the shit out of me. Stay safe dudes...

Definitely no joke. When I hear the words "freezing rain" or, "ice storm", I'm either calling off or, finding a way to come into work early. Only time I had to call off this year was back in Feb. when we got 6 inches of snow right before I went into work.

Normally, I drive 60+mph the whole way to work but, on nights where it snows, I've been known to back them up for miles driving 20-30. LOL.

Jon

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Damn, black ice scares the shit out of me. Stay safe dudes...

Wacist!

Rode my horse to work, servants could't make it in to warm my car up & shovel the drive. Proper whippings to follow.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
lol, hell yeah man... drive on idle, fuck rushing.

In my younger days I've done a few 180 degree fishtails, and even a damn near double 360 one time, lol. (one counter-clockwise, then tried to correct and ended up going completely clockwise) Fortunately none of them ended in a wreck. I don't fuck around in rain or ice anymore, I've learned my lesson. And if I'm going too slow for the other drivers, fuck 'em.

:lolz:

Don't get me started on brown or yellow ice...

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
20141117_071605.jpg

6198K0z2dBL._SX522_.jpg

kind of expensive and fancy but better than just leaving it? maybe your nerves are steel though and you'd never flinch when some comes loose?a little jerk in that crap is all it takes don't ya know (:keke:@ the alternate out of context meaning not the possibility of wrecking)?
http://www.amazon.com/Mallory-511-E-Telescoping-Snow-Broom/dp/B000BQYH8Y

its cold but not much snow up here in northern MN. supposed to hit 36 on Sunday and rain:scratch: odd in my book.the skies have been clearer since its been cold anyhow.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's not even cold yet by the shores here in CT.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Freezing rain overnight sucks since I know the doors to my car will be frozen on the driver side and I have to crawl in through the passenger side. No threat of that tonight, but freezing temps like this used to freeze up my locks on my old car.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
FUUUUUUCCCKKKK I hate the winter. I am trying to embrace it this year... but still... the cold. It snowed very lightly here in NJ once the other day. I am not looking forward to what is in your picture, that's for sure.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
The weather has been strange here in northern MS. We actually had some light snow and freezing rain yesterday morning.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
We haven't had any snow up here yet, sucks.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
FUUUUUUCCCKKKK I hate the winter. I am trying to embrace it this year... but still... the cold. It snowed very lightly here in NJ once the other day. I am not looking forward to what is in your picture, that's for sure.
As long as it's not as bad as it was last year, I'm fine with some snow.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Yea, MN got hit hard on our first snow a month ago and I had to drive to work in it. Went 20-30 the whole way, took me an extra 1/2 hour to get to work. We get a few inches here and there, but it's mostly the parking lots that are fucked right now. And it's not gonna melt until the end of the week. We've got 17 degrees right now, but the weekend is supposed to be 37-40.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I think we can all agree Ohio sucks. It's windy as hell. That's the real bad part. And this is just the beginning. It's going to get a lot worse if it's this bad already. I let my car sit one day, and it took 30 minutes to chisel all the ice off. I felt like I was unearthing a fucking dinosaur.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I hate the snow but I'm used to it by now. Anything under 2 feet and you're working...so you just suck it up and deal with it after awhile.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
This is my commute:

home.PNG

No snow at all where I live, on my way home (I live in that white and yellow building on the right:

15809606206_131af8ae14_b.jpg

The view from my house this morning:

15833243705_d8ddf1f507_b.jpg

The garden at work:

15213279294_0e15646f8b_b.jpg

66ºF today, 19ºC.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Been no snow here yet. Just 25-30F on the way in to work erryday for the last 2 weeks.