• No

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Are you going to see the new Star Wars movie when it comes out?
Do you think the new Star Wars movie is going to be better then the original or prequel trilogy?
Do you think Episode III (or some parts of it) was as good as any of the movies in the original trilogy?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'll bite...

More than likely, yes, I'll go and take my daughter and wife...both of whom love SW (as do I).

As for hope for the franchise? Sure...I have hope. JJ Abrams managed to reboot my beloved Star Trek franchise...which to me is more difficult than Star Wars to accomplish. I really enjoyed the new ST movies and this gives me hope that he can reboot the SW franchise.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So you've set up a poll with 3 distinct questions, but responders can select only 1 answer.
What happens if I want to answer "Yes", "No" and "Yes" to your questions???

What am I supposed to do then, Joe8??? Huh??? Tell me Joe8 - what am I supposed to do then????

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Are you going to see the new Star Wars movie when it comes out?
Maybe. Might wait for dvd.

Do you think the new Star Wars movie is going to be better then the original
No.

Do you think the new Star Wars movie is going to be better then the prequel trilogy?
Hard not to be. But maybe not.

Do you think Episode III (or some parts of it) was as good as any of the movies in the original trilogy?
Parts of Episode 3 were no worse than a lot of Episode 6. Except Episode 3 had no characters to give a shit about.

I will always love the original movie. I will always love Empire. I'm kind of done with everything else, though, I think. I gave away all my dvds, old toys, and comics to my nephews. I sold all my novels to Book-Off.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'll see it. I like JJ Trek and Super 8 so I'll give it a shot. I like Star Wars in general, even if most of the prequel trilogy is a melodramatic bore and Hayden Christiansen is god awful.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'll see it.

I really liked episode 3. Episode 1 and 2 were really shitty though.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
IDGAF about star wars.
It already happened, it's been run into the ground and now its fucking done.

Almost as eyerolling as the guys on here saying "I don't need any games/music/etc made after 199X"

Are we still whacking off to Pamela Anderson/Anna Nicole Smith jpegs as well?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
if young Pam Andersen had good videos up on xtube, sure.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'll bite...

More than likely, yes, I'll go and take my daughter and wife...both of whom love SW (as do I).

As for hope for the franchise? Sure...I have hope. JJ Abrams managed to reboot my beloved Star Trek franchise...which to me is more difficult than Star Wars to accomplish. I really enjoyed the new ST movies and this gives me hope that he can reboot the SW franchise.

I dunno man, I think Star Trek reboot is an easier task just because it's been rebooted so many times so people are much more open to different interpretations.

With Star Wars people don't want a single fucking thing changed, which is a very difficult set of conditions to reboot a franchise in.

In short, I think it will be different, liked by new fans because it will be genuinely good, but ultimately feel like a let down to people who were fans of the originals.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
why would you not see it?
it's a movie. I watch even the terrible ones.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Life's too short to watch bad movies.

Unless it's a good bad movie.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Disney owns:
1) ABC
2) ESPN
3) Star Wars

Get ready for Star Wars hype year round, all the fucking time, 'cause there will always be another in the pipeline.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Maybe. Might wait for dvd.

No.

Hard not to be. But maybe not.

Parts of Episode 3 were no worse than a lot of Episode 6. Except Episode 3 had no characters to give a shit about.

I will always love the original movie. I will always love Empire. I'm kind of done with everything else, though, I think. I gave away all my dvds, old toys, and comics to my nephews. I sold all my novels to Book-Off.
Episode had characters to give a shit about, like Senator Palpatine/The Emperor, and maybe Yoda. So, basically, the only characters/actors that were really interesting were ones that had already appeared in the original trilogy.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Is there any actor in that movie who isn't over 60 years old by now?

Oh okay Carrie Fisher is 58.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Is there any actor in that movie who isn't over 60 years old by now?
The older actors (especially Harrison Ford) will definitely be better than any of the new actors in Episode VII, even though they will be 30+ years younger.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
What I really hated about the prequels, certainly the last two, was the ridiculousness of, and overuse of the CGi.
The fact that in attack of the clones they didn't have a single clonetrooper costume actually made. That so many of the sets were just CGi and so much of the film was basically actors against a green screen.

What I actually liked about the early press shots from 7 is that there look to be actual sets, and large scale props!
I'm rather hopeful.

They fracked it up so badly for the prequels, even Disney can't do a worse job.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
What I really hated about the prequels, certainly the last two, was the ridiculousness of, and overuse of the CGi.
The fact that in attack of the clones they didn't have a single clonetrooper costume actually made. That so many of the sets were just CGi and so much of the film was basically actors against a green screen.

What I actually liked about the early press shots from 7 is that there look to be actual sets, and large scale props!
I'm rather hopeful.

They fracked it up so badly for the prequels, even Disney can't do a worse job.
CGI graphics still don't look real.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
CGI graphics still don't look real.

Especially when they are overused or overwhelm the live parts of the shot or ignore basic physics.
CGi to hide wires and the machanics of a stunt are great, but to shoot the whole stunt.... not so much!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I dunno man, I think Star Trek reboot is an easier task just because it's been rebooted so many times so people are much more open to different interpretations.

With Star Wars people don't want a single fucking thing changed, which is a very difficult set of conditions to reboot a franchise in.

In short, I think it will be different, liked by new fans because it will be genuinely good, but ultimately feel like a let down to people who were fans of the originals.

*dawns dork hat*

Actually...no, Star Trek was never rebooted. You had the original cast/show...then movies with that cast. Then the Next Generation...and NG films. So on and so forth...but not a reboot of the original.

JJ had the nuts to remake the original with an all new cast playing iconic and cult level roles. That was tough figuring the cult following the original cast has (as does TNG, wich would also be a task).

I still think continuining the SW universe is an easier task is done properly.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
*dawns dork hat*

Actually...no, Star Trek was never rebooted. You had the original cast/show...then movies with that cast. Then the Next Generation...and NG films. So on and so forth...but not a reboot of the original.

JJ had the nuts to remake the original with an all new cast playing iconic and cult level roles. That was tough figuring the cult following the original cast has (as does TNG, wich would also be a task).

I still think continuining the SW universe is an easier task is done properly.

I think TNG would be next to impossible to reboot. Just who the hell could you recast as Picard?