Hearthstone

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I ended up downloading it to test it out. Not a bad game, really, but not sure I'll want to dump the money in necessary to really enjoy it.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I ended up downloading it to test it out. Not a bad game, really, but not sure I'll want to dump the money in necessary to really enjoy it.

Enjoyment may depend on what you're looking to enjoy.

I'm completely casual and may log in every couple months. I'm not sure if I made the game to fit my desires or the game is more inclusive than I give it credit for, but here's my take:

1. For any free packs you get due to coins you earn, use them for Classic packs as those cards seem to live from expansion to expansion no matter what. When I first played the game, I used a lot of the coins for expansion packs and when I logged in a year later those cards were all retired.
2. It appears Tavern brawl is free to play - this happened to me the last few times I logged on. You pretty much get to use any cards you want, granted the system makes decks for you that change weekly.

I think #1 let's you build enough over time to play around with and #2 is good for the immediate gratification of new.

If you're a collector, and that's where you find enjoyment, then money is probably going to be involved. There are probably a lot of other ways to enjoy the game I'm not considering.

Marek

Banned
Drew a golden arfus!

Only my second one, I disenchanted golden jaraxxus bc I had the regular jaraxxus anyway.

Can't justify disenxhanting arfus because I'll eventually want it later so fuck it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Drew a golden arfus!

Only my second one, I disenchanted golden jaraxxus bc I had the regular jaraxxus anyway.

Can't justify disenxhanting arfus because I'll eventually want it later so fuck it.

Arfus ended up being a waste. Dust it and craft keleseth.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm convinced Ben Brode has no idea what he's doing with this game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm convinced Ben Brode has no idea what he's doing with this game.

are we talking about the new warlock skin that caused a million fake taverns to be registered?

or the fact that literally nothing from WotOGs is playable right now?

or that the patch from Tuesday resulted in desktop players being unable to play the game?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
My update has bricked itself on my phone. Im sure completely deleting the app and downloading it will resolve the issue. Or not... Not really bothered, honestly.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
are we talking about the new warlock skin that caused a million fake taverns to be registered?

or the fact that literally nothing from WotOGs is playable right now?

or that the patch from Tuesday resulted in desktop players being unable to play the game?

All this is relevant. My comment came more from a place of why the fuck does the Lich King suck so much? That guy could've been an awesome 10 mana card with something like 7/7 taunt, gain control of your opponent's minions and turn them into 2/2 or even 1/1 ghouls. You know, something that really made a fucking difference when he came onto the battlefield. Instead he draws you super situational cards that, many times, end up being dead cards in your hand. Instead, we get a super sick, broken as fuck 10 mana druid spell that has random monsters on it.

This game has such a rich lore to draw from, and they waste opportunities in the most hilarious ways. Remember Dr. Boom, the most broken 7 mana card in the game that was in every deck (even aggro decks)? That was some throw away character for a shitty side quest that most people never stopped to do. Or Illidan Stormrage? The fucking creator of the illidari --the most badass race of warriors. He's some shitty 7/5 card that shits out 2/1 turds and gets wrecked by reckless rocketeer. And that gnome that nobody can get because of their stupid belief that people want to play against jade druid in person --that gnome is completely made up by them. We couldn't get Sargeras or Kil'Jaeden.

Like, you should be making up stupid gnomes when you run out of content. I don't understand any of this. Their decisions, design, and complete lack of fucks given for even the most basic QOL improvements in the game. Oh, you guys have been wanting achievements and tournament modes for the last 4 years? Here's some fireside taverns to travel hundreds of miles to attend and a free fight promoter card. How can they be this bad at the game? The only solace I take in any of this shit is that it's going to come to a point somewhere down the road that their customers are going to leave in droves and no amount of goodwill will bring them back.

Hearthstone will only get better when it doesn't matter anymore. I kind of want to sell my account and just be done with this shit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
All this is relevant. My comment came more from a place of why the fuck does the Lich King suck so much? That guy could've been an awesome 10 mana card with something like 7/7 taunt, gain control of your opponent's minions and turn them into 2/2 or even 1/1 ghouls. You know, something that really made a fucking difference when he came onto the battlefield. Instead he draws you super situational cards that, many times, end up being dead cards in your hand. Instead, we get a super sick, broken as fuck 10 mana druid spell that has random monsters on it.

This game has such a rich lore to draw from, and they waste opportunities in the most hilarious ways. Remember Dr. Boom, the most broken 7 mana card in the game that was in every deck (even aggro decks)? That was some throw away character for a shitty side quest that most people never stopped to do. Or Illidan Stormrage? The fucking creator of the illidari --the most badass race of warriors. He's some shitty 7/5 card that shits out 2/1 turds and gets wrecked by reckless rocketeer. And that gnome that nobody can get because of their stupid belief that people want to play against jade druid in person --that gnome is completely made up by them. We couldn't get Sargeras or Kil'Jaeden.

Like, you should be making up stupid gnomes when you run out of content. I don't understand any of this. Their decisions, design, and complete lack of fucks given for even the most basic QOL improvements in the game. Oh, you guys have been wanting achievements and tournament modes for the last 4 years? Here's some fireside taverns to travel hundreds of miles to attend and a free fight promoter card. How can they be this bad at the game? The only solace I take in any of this shit is that it's going to come to a point somewhere down the road that their customers are going to leave in droves and no amount of goodwill will bring them back.

Hearthstone will only get better when it doesn't matter anymore. I kind of want to sell my account and just be done with this shit.

Wow man. That hits the mark.

The part about Illidan is big. It’s a card that got nerfed before beta ended. It has not been relevant to any deck since the game opened. And to me that’s very saf.

I believe that Ben cares about the game, but is surrounded by people like Mike Donais who in turn surrounds himself with sniveling sycophants. So yeah, you won’t see the game fixed until the torch is passed.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I don't understand why Hearthstone can't have monthly updates that buff certain cards. Games like World of Warcraft will have huge updates with fresh content in between expansions. Shit like new raids, loot, ability buffs/nerfs, QoL improvements. Why can't Hearthstone have something like this? Like, once a month make up some shit like "power up! for this month, all hero powers are super-charged with their justicar-equivalent upgrade." Nah, we get this:

8715084471632e9f.png

It's a digital game, capable of on-the-fly changes that make it interesting. Obviously, not every change will be a winner, but the more you do it, the more experience you'll get in learning what may or may not work. It feels like they aren't even trying.

Marek

Banned
Having played MMO games in the past, I find their decision making to be baffling.

Your first post nailed it. When the money stops pouring in they'll have to give more of a fuck.

In wow they don't even make you level anymore. They hand out level 80 buffs. Fucking nuts. That's how far the player base has fallen over the years

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lately i have gone back to warlock and have a zoolock wild deck that works well

Soulfire
Power overwhelming
Archerus whatever
Fire fly
Blood corsair
Patches
Flame imp
Void walker
Keleseth
Southsea captain
Vicious flegeling
Void caller
Defender of argus
Doomguard
Malganis
Guldan

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
^^^
Gul'dan as in the DK hero card I assume?

Correct. The card shouldn’t be necessary though. If you fail to win before turn 10, and you haven’t discarded it, Guldan is a sort of wincon.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I went to a local fireside. It was interesting, to say the least. About 80+ gamers. My wife was the only woman there. Lots of kids.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
not that I know of, but I recommend doing it now, and not getting time shafted like the people who missed out on Khadgar

Yup. I’m one of those who missed Khadgar. It was during a time when I was without a phone that was compatible with HS.

I might look at hacking this like I did for the Fireside cardback, unless there is other criteria for this Fireside gathering.