Hearthstone

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, whats up with that? I had push notifications set up so saw it when I woke up. I also got my Heroes of the Storm card back last night.

I don't think I ever got that card back.

But I did get this pack just now, off a 4:3 arena run...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 9.06.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 9.06.42 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 63

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I haven't played HS in a while. Got this from a Tavern Brawl. Scurvy dogs trying to lure me back in...

Hearthstone_Screenshot_06-05-17_18.42.11.jpg

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Some people make decks for fun of trying new things of just fuckin around. Winning in HS is mostly pyrrhic.

After playing a few hands, I understood this. To get more gold to get more packs, I had to do the daily events thing. Essentially, those challenges have you play a different game than what your opponent is playing. Blizzard doesn't have to design an AI if they just ask you to play non-optimally to satisfy the challenge against another user.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hearthstone is part of a promotion this weekend, where if you buy anything in HS with amazon, you get 20% back. (up to 25% off on purchase of coins, plus 20% coin back reward, aka 40% off total, make sure to set your billing location to Delaware to avoid taxes).

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I want to smack him in the face with a giant Halibut like John Cleese does to Michael Palin.

As EG would say; DOUCHER!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Upcoming changes to pack opening. :drool:

I think we can thank Gwent and other games for severely cutting into HS's dominance. There was point made on reddit that HS viewers on Twitch dropped an insane amount over the past few months. HS used to be #1 but now it's around 20th place. League of Legends is back up top.

Marek

Banned
I think we can thank Gwent and other games for severely cutting into HS's dominance. There was point made on reddit that HS viewers on Twitch dropped an insane amount over the past few months. HS used to be #1 but now it's around 20th place. League of Legends is back up top.

I just watched 10 minutes of gwent game play and think the card art is cool but the overall game play looks like dogshit.

Where's my Pyro blast to face? Not in that game.

But hey, if it sacred the devs at H$ to be less shady money grubbers then I'm all for whatever that wierd game is supposed to be.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Bump

I'm playing silence priest, enjoying that chaotic decktype.

Also double gold rules. They should do this all the time

Marek

Banned
The arena is fucking rigged.

I had a 6 win run and my last opponent played at least 3 tar creepers, hogger, and the legendary that fills your whole board with 1/1 whelp each turn.

I drew 0 legendaries in my deck.

How the fuck does that work?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Arena sucks. I avoid it.

One issue: there are definite tiers for classes in Arena.

Mage has always been #1

Rogue and Paladin are #2

Warlock at 4th place

Priest, Shaman, Druid at 5th.

Hunter and Warrior are last place.

If you have thr chance to pick a discover card, do it. Why? Discover cards in play often have a strong chance of offering the card you need for the moment.

If you have the chance to draft Malchezzar, always pick him. But obviously ignore him for discovery purposes.

Marek

Banned
It kind of doesn't matter how many legendaries you draw or don't draw.

Just pick mage. 12 wins.

Interesting.

I finally crafted that little shit patches the pirate.

It's kind of sad how much that opens up certain decks.

Token shaman is super fun though. Evolve is like mini yogg.

I'm gonna build a pirate warrior cancer deck tonight. If you can't beat em join em.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow, that shit is still a thing?

It will get worse. Team 5 is feeding cancer with more cancer.

I am surprised they don't have a function during gameplay to let players BM opponents in real life.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've been playing a bit more recently as I've been away on project with no Overwatch. I'll be getting the new xpac.

Marek

Banned
I'm tempted to buy the 50 dollar pre order pack thing.

Charlie keeps telling me not to spend money on the game but it's top late for that anyway... I haven't spent a dollar since April fwiw.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I'm probably going to buy the pre-order pack, but it is fucking expensive now... :rolleyes:

I bet Blizzard can see in their sales stats that they are down by a lot. Gonna wait a bit more I think.