Hearthstone

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Well, I am loving Control Priest. I drew Lyra so I threw a deck together. It can use some refining but it's basically a Control / Dragon hybrid. I either destroy the opponents face or they lose to fatigue. Either way I have lots of cards, lots!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I was trying to mess around w/some of the new cards and going win-one-lose-one. Realized everyone is trying these quests or these big adaptations - just put a murloc shaman deck together and went from 20 to 14 in 90 mins. Won about 20 of 23 or thereabouts. Only new cards i'm using are the murloc totem card (spawn 1-1 murloc at end of turn) and the primalfin where you discover a murloc if you're controlling a murloc. That discover mechanic combined with Neptulon ensures you plenty of draw. I have Sir Finley in there too and hope for warlock power.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I was trying to mess around w/some of the new cards and going win-one-lose-one. Realized everyone is trying these quests or these big adaptations - just put a murloc shaman deck together and went from 20 to 14 in 90 mins. Won about 20 of 23 or thereabouts. Only new cards i'm using are the murloc totem card (spawn 1-1 murloc at end of turn) and the primalfin where you discover a murloc if you're controlling a murloc. That discover mechanic combined with Neptulon ensures you plenty of draw. I have Sir Finley in there too and hope for warlock power.

Imagine if you played Pirate Warrior. You would be a legend.

Marek

Banned

Thank you for this post.

Marek

Banned
^^^^
I need to get on that train. I have antodius.

But yeah I made a sick jade yogg druid deck. Standard jade deck with two ancients of war, Ava, Yogg, Fandral, and subbing loot hoarder for Thalnos bc I'm still a poor dig.

It's a steep learning curve because it's a deck that requires you to not fuck anything up at all. I'm beating quest rogues a majority of the time, but pirate warrior and aggro buff pallys shut me down right away and it's often over.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
^^^^
I need to get on that train. I have antodius.

But yeah I made a sick jade yogg druid deck. Standard jade deck with two ancients of war, Ava, Yogg, Fandral, and subbing loot hoarder for Thalnos bc I'm still a poor dig.

It's a steep learning curve because it's a deck that requires you to not fuck anything up at all. I'm beating quest rogues a majority of the time, but pirate warrior and aggro buff pallys shut me down right away and it's often over.

I have a F2P account and a ragtag PW deck on there without Leeroy or Patches (but everything else). It's at rank 15, after playing a few matches today and only losing once. That's how OP pirate warrior is. It shits on everything.

But the rest of the classes have no good decks at all.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I play Pirate Warrior to get my Warrior wins up. Do I feel like I'm a part of the cancer problem? Yes...

Do I give a shit? Nope... I even crafted a gold Patches last season

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I play Pirate Warrior to get my Warrior wins up. Do I feel like I'm a part of the cancer problem? Yes...

Do I give a shit? Nope... I even crafted a gold Patches last season

The problem is blizzard. They use fake members to shill up the content of games. Morhaime is a joke.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Shit is becoming way too expensive. I'm not sure how much longer I'm sticking with this game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Any sauce to substantiate?

Go to the forums on blizzard's site.

There's a ton of salty threads,

And rhen a few guys who go in, insult the complainers, and they never get banned - the complainers get banned instead.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Go to the forums on blizzard's site.

There's a ton of salty threads,

And rhen a few guys who go in, insult the complainers, and they never get banned - the complainers get banned instead.

Sounds like a place we all know too well ;)

I haven't checked any of that out, I may give it a browse. It sounds very toxic though and as soon as a group gets together bitching it generally gets taken way out of context and becomes very one-sided, exaggerated, and loses integrity. Is the underlying issue the cost to play the game and compete? People venting about game mechanics when it's actually all stemming from their dwindling disposable income.

I know I keep saying it, but you guys really need to give Overwatch a go. It's competative, addictive and most of all it is fun! It also doesn't feel like the devs are out to screw you financially.

Shit is becoming way too expensive. I'm not sure how much longer I'm sticking with this game.

Just craft Vanilla cards man, give up the gold, that's what's expensive.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Decks you should be trying

Miracle Priest - uses Lyra to generate random spells
no decklist per se, I made one on the fly with lyra, radiant elementals, shadow visions, and the OTK buff spells. Add in Lorewalker Cho to make questing rogues concede.

Silence Priest - there are a lot of good options for silence now, and a lot of taunt warrior players who need to get silenced. drop cheap minions that need to be silenced, buff them to deliver massive damage.
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...ner-fire-silence-priest-april-2017-season-37/

miracle rogue - it seems to be more effective at establishing board and playing the long game than Quest rogue, which can get shut down.
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/miracle-pirate-rogue-deck-list-guide-standard/

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Played today for the first time in over a year. Had 6 free packs. Didn't use any of the cards - instead played a vs. game with a pre-built deck against a guy with seemingly unending legendaries. Beat him convincingly. Wonder how much time and money he poured into this and if he had any strategy at all to beat a deck provided as default. Weird. Bot account being trained?

Standard and Wild seem like reasonable ideas. I enjoyed the pre-built deck that had enough new-to-me cards in it. That's all I really wanted out of the minutes played. Game delivered.

Edit: Very much enjoyed that secrets didn't seem to be used as much. Those didn't feel like they were in the spirit of the game.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Played today for the first time in over a year. Had 6 free packs. Didn't use any of the cards - instead played a vs. game with a pre-built deck against a guy with seemingly unending legendaries. Beat him convincingly. Wonder how much time and money he poured into this and if he had any strategy at all to beat a deck provided as default. Weird. Bot account being trained?

Standard and Wild seem like reasonable ideas. I enjoyed the pre-built deck that had enough new-to-me cards in it. That's all I really wanted out of the minutes played. Game delivered.

Edit: Very much enjoyed that secrets didn't seem to be used as much. Those didn't feel like they were in the spirit of the game.

Some people make decks for fun of trying new things of just fuckin around. Winning in HS is mostly pyrrhic.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It's all about Priest for me this season. Lyra is a blast!

I'm still working on my Dragon Priest hybrid. I have a shitload of cards, but I'm losing tempo too often.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Decks you should be trying

Miracle Priest - uses Lyra to generate random spells
no decklist per se, I made one on the fly with lyra, radiant elementals, shadow visions, and the OTK buff spells. Add in Lorewalker Cho to make questing rogues concede.

Silence Priest - there are a lot of good options for silence now, and a lot of taunt warrior players who need to get silenced. drop cheap minions that need to be silenced, buff them to deliver massive damage.
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...ner-fire-silence-priest-april-2017-season-37/

miracle rogue - it seems to be more effective at establishing board and playing the long game than Quest rogue, which can get shut down.
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/miracle-pirate-rogue-deck-list-guide-standard/

I want to try a couple of those priest decks, but I'm short on most of the epics. I do have Lyra, though.

I abandoned my own elemental mage deck in favor of a secret mage deck I found online, and went from rank 17 to 6 over several hours of play the past couple days. It's super fun when you get a good draw. I've had multiple rogues concede after either their quest card (on turn 1) or quest reward got counterspelled. At these ranks, only half the players are smart enough to test for it with another spell.

It either wins pretty quickly or runs out of steam and is usually a losing battle past turn 10. I really wanted to hit rank five, but the past hour has just been me alternating winning and losing. I wish draw and who goes first wasn't such a determining factor, but I guess that's what keeps things fresh. Anyway, I enjoy it a lot, especially when you catch the other player off guard with the perfect spell.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I want to try a couple of those priest decks, but I'm short on most of the epics. I do have Lyra, though.

I abandoned my own elemental mage deck in favor of a secret mage deck I found online, and went from rank 17 to 6 over several hours of play the past couple days. It's super fun when you get a good draw. I've had multiple rogues concede after either their quest card (on turn 1) or quest reward got counterspelled. At these ranks, only half the players are smart enough to test for it with another spell.

It either wins pretty quickly or runs out of steam and is usually a losing battle past turn 10. I really wanted to hit rank five, but the past hour has just been me alternating winning and losing. I wish draw and who goes first wasn't such a determining factor, but I guess that's what keeps things fresh. Anyway, I enjoy it a lot, especially when you catch the other player off guard with the perfect spell.

I just tried it and it raped both types of rogues. The questing rogue was hilariously bad. That person had no chance the moment he tried to remove my ethereal arcanist. It got worse when the rogue tried to cast shadowstep, and put a spellbender in my hand instead.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Great deck. Ripped through my first opponent which was of course, a quest Rogue.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Interestingly, the meta hasn't settled yet, and it's been about 5+ weeks. Quest rogue is a tier two deck. The top meta deck is between midrange paladin and tempo mage, with token druid not far behind.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Make sure to log in today to get a free card worth 100 dust.

Yeah, whats up with that? I had push notifications set up so saw it when I woke up. I also got my Heroes of the Storm card back last night.