Hearthstone

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dragon Paladin deck is winning more than losing right now. It needs some more tweaks to be complete.

Eggs plus blessing of kings is a great combo. Rend Backhand has also been great, despite the absurd number of Sylvanas I am seeing people play. Consort into Ysera is when the game gets really fun.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Been meaning to fuck around with Dragodin. May wait for all the cards to be released. I've been hearing a lot of Rend Blackhand being better than originally thought.

Did the math and I need a little less than 1600 wins to complete golden hero portraits for the rest of the heroes, which isn't too bad. If I can average 15 wins a day, that should complete them all by mid-summer. God, I'm pathetic.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Been meaning to fuck around with Dragodin. May wait for all the cards to be released. I've been hearing a lot of Rend Blackhand being better than originally thought.

Did the math and I need a little less than 1600 wins to complete golden hero portraits for the rest of the heroes, which isn't too bad. If I can average 15 wins a day, that should complete them all by mid-summer. God, I'm pathetic.

you should play more.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
After I have all golden portraits, a 12 win arena key, and the legend card back, I'm not sure what else to play for.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
After I have all golden portraits, a 12 win arena key, and the legend card back, I'm not sure what else to play for.

That's end game. Unless Blizzard were to give you something really special as a reward, I'd be disappointed (empty) when I completely finished the game. That said, I'm all for your 100% effort, go for it!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'll probably keep playing because I'm a fag.

This actually happened today. This screenshot is hilarious for a bunch of reasons:

Iay8usO.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have seen a lot of classes have to change their deck.

But priests have been the same shit every time. No variation whatsoever.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Priests got some good dragons. But yeah, Priests have always pretty much been "steal all your shit, destroy all your shit, and control all your shit." The only variations Priests are likely to get is what they'll now get to steal from the other classes that benefit from new cards and synergies.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the dragondin is serious. If you can hold out until turn 5, a lot of heavy minions will start to be dropped. Turn 6 Chromaggus, Turn 7 Ysera. I got rid of the dragon eggs, which I think are terrible (no one is using them for a reason. maybe if their dragon babies had charge...)

I think it's the most fun deck right now, because it makes a lot of the dragon cards viable finally.

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 11.06.19 PM.png

Thoughts?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I have some questions concerning Blessing of Wisdom, Redemption, and running two Wild Pyromancers. First one --in the games you've played, do you find that you're running out of card draw and need Blessing of Wisdom? In most cases, Divine Favor is the preferred card draw mechanic for Paladin. And you have two of them, which card draw mechanic cards are usually a one-of include in most decks. You also have a Hammer of Wrath.

Also, how does Redemption play throughout the game? Do you only drop it when big minions are on the board? If so, this has to happen in the late game, in most cases your 1-health minion is brought to life only to be pinged/killed again. I like having a Wild Pyromancer, but two of them seems kind of like overkill. A good board clear is Pyro + equality, but you only need one for that. I also think the Pyros conflict with Redemption.

I think you need way more early game. Maybe trade a Pyro for another Shielded Minibot --Minibots are probably the best 2-drop in the game. I think you'd need another Aldor Peacekeeper as well to stay alive until you can start shitting out big minions as well. Two Blessing of Kings seems like too much, maybe trade one out for another Truesilver Champion.

If you can hold out by turn 5 then this deck is pretty good. Most games are decided by turn 5, though, so you probably won't find much consistency with it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have some questions concerning Blessing of Wisdom, Redemption, and running two Wild Pyromancers. First one --in the games you've played, do you find that you're running out of card draw and need Blessing of Wisdom? In most cases, Divine Favor is the preferred card draw mechanic for Paladin. And you have two of them, which card draw mechanic cards are usually a one-of include in most decks. You also have a Hammer of Wrath.

Also, how does Redemption play throughout the game? Do you only drop it when big minions are on the board? If so, this has to happen in the late game, in most cases your 1-health minion is brought to life only to be pinged/killed again. I like having a Wild Pyromancer, but two of them seems kind of like overkill. A good board clear is Pyro + equality, but you only need one for that. I also think the Pyros conflict with Redemption.

I think you need way more early game. Maybe trade a Pyro for another Shielded Minibot --Minibots are probably the best 2-drop in the game. I think you'd need another Aldor Peacekeeper as well to stay alive until you can start shitting out big minions as well. Two Blessing of Kings seems like too much, maybe trade one out for another Truesilver Champion.

If you can hold out by turn 5 then this deck is pretty good. Most games are decided by turn 5, though, so you probably won't find much consistency with it.

I agree about the lack of an early game. Redemption has typically been saved for Tyrion.

The deck is going to change this afternoon when I have Nefarian, and possibly a drakonid or something.

About blessing, it has been a really useful card when tagged on enemy minions, primarily as a deterrent until I have board presence. The psychological effect of the card is like giving your opponent's girlfriend chlamydia.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tested it out and played a mill rogue. Took a while but I beat him.

The good think or bad about this game is that many people are completely unoriginal, and you can predict drops easily after you determine the strategy.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I just started this about two weeks ago. Just playing unranked games and doing dailies for money right now. Was spending all of my gold on packs but have started saving now to unlock dungeons.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just started this about two weeks ago. Just playing unranked games and doing dailies for money right now. Was spending all of my gold on packs but have started saving now to unlock dungeons.

I recommend paying for the dungeons and spending the virtual money's on packs.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Tested it out and played a mill rogue. Took a while but I beat him.

The good think or bad about this game is that many people are completely unoriginal, and you can predict drops easily after you determine the strategy.

Tell me you used Blessing of Wisdom on a mill rogue, haha.

I fear the game will always be predictable, because there's only so many strategies you can deploy in the game. It's rare that I play against somebody and wonder what the fuck kind of deck they're playing, and by the time I've seen most of their cards, it's apparent that they just threw something together with no thought of strategy or synergy in mind.

And I also agree on paying real money for dungeons. It's the best value for your buck in Hearthstone, because you're guaranteed powerful cards. Getting into building a collection this late in the game will pretty hard, so prepare for the grind. If you plan on buying packs and have an iPad, wait for a special on iTunes gift cards to get a discount (there's a couple that come out a year for $100 cards for $75). If you have a kindle, there's a special right now (not sure if it's ended) where you can save 10% on buying coins, and then receive 25% back in coins for any purchase over $20.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have $19.00 in iTunes credit right now, and a $100.00 worth of iTunes cards that I bought for $83.00 or so. They had a couple of sales at Sam's Club during the holidays last year, but I hate the idea of spending money for phone games. :very_ang:

When I logged in a bit ago to play a few rounds it said the Secret Laboratory is now open, but I don't see it anywhere. What is that?

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I have $19.00 in iTunes credit right now, and a $100.00 worth of iTunes cards that I bought for $83.00 or so. They had a couple of sales at Sam's Club during the holidays last year, but I hate the idea of spending money for phone games. :very_ang:

When I logged in a bit ago to play a few rounds it said the Secret Laboratory is now open, but I don't see it anywhere. What is that?

I wouldn't really classify Hearthstone as a phone game. It's pretty much a PC game that's been ported to mobile phones. In most cases it's not optimal to play it on the phone anyway.

The Secret Laboratory is part of the new Blackrock Mountain Adventure. It's the final wing that was released (they've been releasing wings every week for a little over a month). The full adventure is now unlocked.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Went ahead and got Blackrock. First one was easy enough, got a Grim Guzzler Patron card. Tried the next part, got my clock cleaned because the computer was playing a Legendary card every turn.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Finished heroic BRM. Nefarian (again) is fucking hard. Luckily there's a bug where the AI won't attack you with minions if you have a taunt up + Kel'Thuzad. That was the only way I was able to win. He WILL attack Kel'Thuzad with spells, such as Soulfire and Tail Swipe, so never have him below 5hp. If you do this, you can buff the shit out of your Deathlord with Velen's Chosen, Divine Spirit, and Inner Fire. Once you remove his armor, he summons Onyxia, which is a pain because after you kill her, he will wipe your board clean of your minions, and you have to play catch up all over again. So the best thing to do is stall him out with the Kel'Thuzad bug, buff your Deathlord to shit, and then get his armor down to 1 and kill him in one turn, skipping the whole Onyxia thing.

I got my Deathlord to 56/56:

oFcn9aT.jpg

And the heroic card back looks pretty dope:

iaijn5p.png

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice work!

Shit, I've still got to get my Naxxramas heroic card back.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Finished heroic BRM. Nefarian (again) is fucking hard. Luckily there's a bug where the AI won't attack you with minions if you have a taunt up + Kel'Thuzad. That was the only way I was able to win. He WILL attack Kel'Thuzad with spells, such as Soulfire and Tail Swipe, so never have him below 5hp. If you do this, you can buff the shit out of your Deathlord with Velen's Chosen, Divine Spirit, and Inner Fire. Once you remove his armor, he summons Onyxia, which is a pain because after you kill her, he will wipe your board clean of your minions, and you have to play catch up all over again. So the best thing to do is stall him out with the Kel'Thuzad bug, buff your Deathlord to shit, and then get his armor down to 1 and kill him in one turn, skipping the whole Onyxia thing.

I got my Deathlord to 56/56:

View attachment 24950

And the heroic card back looks pretty dope:

View attachment 24951

That bug exists for nefarion 1 as well I believe. Maybe a few others. I definitely exploited it.